Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
If anyone cares, here are the two after credit scenes from the movie. I uploaded the videos, but you probably won't be able to watch for a few hours while google adjusts it.

The first does around half of the animated credits + scene. Second is just the official "after after credits" scene.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
If anyone cares, here are the two after credit scenes from the movie. I uploaded the videos, but you probably won't be able to watch for a few hours while google adjusts it.

The first does around half of the animated credits + scene. Second is just the official "after after credits" scene.

Who`s that chick?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
they waited way too long to make the Avatar sequels. its a huge gamble.

It certainly seems that way. However, when the trailer for Avatar 2 came on at the theater, it got more of a reaction from the audience than anything else by far. Only Thor even got somewhat close and it blew away whatever reaction Thor got too.

Avatar being absent all this time and not releasing the first sequel in like 2015 was a strategic blunder, but it might still do extremely well in spite of itself.

Also I think the last ten years kinda sucked in general for people, and Avatar is maybe the one huge non-Marvel IP left that hasn't been shat-on and retains some purity. Personally for me it has no baggage and takes me back to a nice time.

Also a lot of the gasps skewed younger (college ish) which makes me wonder. For people who were little kids when Avatar 1 dropped, this must feel like a pretty huge deal.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Seeing the Avatar trailer in 3D was nice as Cameron's use of 3D so perfectly in Avatar is what kicked off the 3D resurgence.

It's clear that this one will also be must see in 3D

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Was there a Tom Cruise Iron man cameo in the end?

Nope, and the post-credits scene was super dumb and unimportant.

The movie itself was very good, only thing I didn't like was that America girl being shoehorned into everything, even scenes that would have been fine with just Strange and whoever he was talking to. People in the theater had no clue who she was and thought she was Ms. Marvel. She went through the whole movie with this deer-in-headlights expression and that Palestine-esque trans pride flag pin, like some sort of Forrest Gump they CGI'd into all these scenes she didn't have a reason to be in.

And of course she steals all of Strange's thunder by being the one to actually beat up the villain.

The Illuminati was pretty funny though. In this universe, all the heroes are black!
And then they all like get murdered by one Avenger from our world.

Cool to see
Haley Atwell as Captain Britain
though.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
i noped out of the D+ shows after the clusterfuck that was the Falcon and Winter Soldier. i can only speak to them, just saying that whatever they do in the movies, they will explain what shit you may have missed not watching D+ shows if its important to the plot. people will ding movies if they dont explain that stuff. because not everyone watched them or wants to. if you want to watch those shows, then by all means, enjoy.

After seeing this movie, I'm definitely gonna go back and watch Wandavision. I like Scarlet Witch a lot more after this movie. Her being such an obsessive mother who wanted her kids to exist in this dimension almost felt like a big pro-life statement. Most of all she felt like a real person who regretted their choices, which I think everyone can empathize with on some level. Also she's pretty hot which helps.

Any other MCU shows that are really required viewing going forward? Hopefully not, I don't really have time or the inclination. Loki apparently has some bearing on the Stage 4 villain Kangz the Conqueror, so maybe I should watch Loki too? Not that keen on watching Loki get emasculated by a female Loki who is better at everything than he is, but if they kept that to a minimum and made them more equals it could be a fun watch.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Loki so far has the most impact on the MCU so I would watch that.

Hawkeye is the most fun out of the shows but seems pretty self contained for the most part.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Loki so far has the most impact on the MCU so I would watch that.

Hawkeye is the most fun out of the shows but seems pretty self contained for the most part.

Cool. Yeah I'm leaning Wandavision and Loki as far as the shows go.

Side Note: If Kang is the Stage 4 villain, I think it's a safe bet Galactus will be the Stage 5 villain.

Then Elon Musk (or more likely Disney) can buy both Marvel and DC and mash them together, with Stage 6 having Evil Superman as the villain and Stage 7 having Darkseid as the villain and then Stage 8 can have us on our third iteration of all the characters (a particularly confusing part is that Iron Man is now played by Gal Gadot while Wonder Woman is now played by Scarlett Johansson) with the villain being a fusion of Darkseid and Universe 44 Thanos.

Then in phase 9, they integrate Dragonball Z because it's all animated now and Gokou fights Superman while the all-black Avengers give the audience important messages about acceptance and friendship.

I'm only half-joking because I think at some point Disney really is gonna acquire EVERYTHING and we'll have this one big super-universe that dominates all the movies.

Fadaar

That guy
plus she looked hot as fuck the whole movie. not gonna lie I got a chub during her murder rampage.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like it should have been called "The Multiverse of Gayness"

• 1Worf

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i never noticed america's pin at all. i don't know what you guys are talking about. being able to find the woke in this movie is basically the same as the saying, "when you're a hammer, all you see are nails." if you are looking to be offended, you'll find something. i wasn't, and i didn't. everything in there that COULD have been woke, could just as easily be explained by, this is how it was in the comics. and while, yes, you can argue that the comics are woke, i'd still rather they stick to the IP as much as possible.

america has gay parents. who cares? i posted something similar in the lightyear thread, but i don't care if there's a gay couple or something in the background, as long as whatever they are doing fits. meaning, her parents are just shown walking together (maybe they were holding hands? that wasn't focused on) while a younger america is playing in front of them. america says "it's my moms," which grammatically is a funny statement, but that's it. that is the extent of any kind of sexual anything in the movie. i'm absolutely fine with that.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

nu_11

5/10

For the most part I felt like I was watching a kids movie, like spy kids or whatever, because everything looked glossy and fake. Im disappointed that Dr Strange was a useless pacifist most of the time. America Chavez screaming was annoying and she always had a dumbfounded look on her face. All of the jokes were lame.

The ONLY thing that I liked about this movie was the Scarlet Witch story and acting. It was also awesome to see her be evil and go on a rampage.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
After seeing this movie, I'm definitely gonna go back and watch Wandavision. I like Scarlet Witch a lot more after this movie. Her being such an obsessive mother who wanted her kids to exist in this dimension almost felt like a big pro-life statement. Most of all she felt like a real person who regretted their choices, which I think everyone can empathize with on some level. Also she's pretty hot which helps.

Any other MCU shows that are really required viewing going forward? Hopefully not, I don't really have time or the inclination. Loki apparently has some bearing on the Stage 4 villain Kangz the Conqueror, so maybe I should watch Loki too? Not that keen on watching Loki get emasculated by a female Loki who is better at everything than he is, but if they kept that to a minimum and made them more equals it could be a fun watch.
you know what though, Wandavision was even less of a required viewing than i thought. her kids in this movie dont even possess powers. there is no Vision, white or otherwise, no wise talking brunette with fat titties. only thing you need to know is that Wanda has the Darkhold and its driven her evil and insane and thats fleshed out in this movie.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
you know what though, Wandavision was even less of a required viewing than i thought. her kids in this movie dont even possess powers. there is no Vision, white or otherwise, no wise talking brunette with fat titties. only thing you need to know is that Wanda has the Darkhold and its driven her evil and insane and thats fleshed out in this movie.
if you know nothing about the comics, then i imagine you'd be quite confused about wanda if you skipped wandavision. her entire motivation is specifically from the show. if you are familiar with the character, then you can probably fill in the blanks fairly well without having watched wandavision though.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
if you know nothing about the comics, then i imagine you'd be quite confused about wanda if you skipped wandavision. her entire motivation is specifically from the show. if you are familiar with the character, then you can probably fill in the blanks fairly well without having watched wandavision though.
i think it was made repeatedly and abundantly apparent in almost every scene of this movie how badly Wanda wants to be with those kids. they even tell you why. Wandavision just confuses you because you expected the young avengers or whatever people talked about during the show. nope, they're just normal dorky kids.

Burns

I know nothing about the comics and did not watch Wandavision (although exposed to it through the forum (to the tune of Wanda goes crazy after Vision dies and makes a fake town, or some shit)). The movie explains her motivations fine: dark book bad, all corrupting, and makes recovering crazy lady into a much worse crazy lady who will stop at nothing to have the alternate reality kids.

P.S. The whole dreams are all visions of different multiverses was fucking dumb...

• 1Like