Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So we get the next Multi-Billion dollar earner.

That had so many amazing elements that coming down from that is going to be rough. I suppose one way to top the latest Spider-man is too even go more insane with the possibilities. This looks to be the only movie I go to see in theaters this year.

Caliane

yass queen slay. its everybodys favorite Latinx superstar America.

looks like a dramatically under powered Shuma Gorrath as well. sad

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i think they've more or less confirmed it's gargantos, not shuma-gorrath due to copyright issues.

escrima

Blackwing Lair Raider
Looked to me like possibly a Monica Rambeau Captain Marvel
It's Superior Iron Man played by Tom Cruise
FLljPTfXwAsVVHr.jpg
FLljRhhXwAMLXSI.jpg

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
book makers are betting Dr Strange will be the highest grossing movie of 2022. Avatar 2 is next highest odds

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
IDK Jurassic World having the old cast might be able to get so many memberberries going that it takes the crown.

This movie looks fucking great from the trailers, but it might be too confusing and scary for broad appeal. There's some major cosmic horror vibes in this trailer, and while we think that shit is awesome, a lot of people do not.

Cybsled

I'm dubious on how well Avatar 2 will do. Most of the financial success of Avatar 1 was squarely due to 3D + Imax sales and "new style 3D" was a relative novelty at the time.

Besides the Avatar ride at Disney parks, the IP has been mostly absent.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm dubious on how well Avatar 2 will do. Most of the financial success of Avatar 1 was squarely due to 3D + Imax sales and "new style 3D" was a relative novelty at the time.

Besides the Avatar ride at Disney parks, the IP has been mostly absent.
they waited way too long to make the Avatar sequels. its a huge gamble.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob
Dr Strange is 2h40m
Batman is 2h55m
Jurassic World is 2h8m
MI7 is 2h27m

No Way Home was 2h28m so they all seem around each other

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Doesn't matter if Avatar 2 happened only 5 years after the first, the hype for the graphics was done already and blockbuster CGI has caught up to that level. So unless Cameron suddenly becomes the greatest narrative writer of all time such that we should have him redo GoT final season... no chance in hell.

Will it do 1B+? Sure. But not top film.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
they waited way too long to make the Avatar sequels. its a huge gamble.
For this alone I hope it bombs. Sadly, the prevalence of Avatar rule 34 pron and Avatar cosplayers shoving pineapples up thier starfish means it will probably do very well.

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Soo.. I need to finish Wandavision? I couldn't really get past the two episode-long black and white sitcom prank.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Doesn't matter if Avatar 2 happened only 5 years after the first, the hype for the graphics was done already and blockbuster CGI has caught up to that level. So unless Cameron suddenly becomes the greatest narrative writer of all time such that we should have him redo GoT final season... no chance in hell.

Will it do 1B+? Sure. But not top film.
I'll still go to see it opening night. Hopefully IMAX 3D.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Soo.. I need to finish Wandavision? I couldn't really get past the two episode-long black and white sitcom prank.
After episode 4 the show gets MUCH better. I actually really liked it at the end.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
book makers are betting Dr Strange will be the highest grossing movie of 2022. Avatar 2 is next highest odds

Might come down to which one does better in China. Looks like Avatar got a Chinese re-release last year and it's done pretty well for itself, while the last MCU movie to get released there was Avengers: Endgame.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i dont think you need to have watched the D+ to understand whats going on in the MCU. other than Wanda is now uber powered more than ever and the black dude is the new Cap.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Yeah. Safe bet is that there will be some seriously confusing shit if you haven't seen Wandavision.

The whole thing with the kids will almost certainly pop up. And I wouldn't be shocked if the memory-restored white Vision makes an appearance.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
i dont think you need to have watched the D+ to understand whats going on in the MCU. other than Wanda is now uber powered more than ever and the black dude is the new Cap.

Uh... there's kind of a lot in between those. I asked because Wanda was a weepy vegetable last I saw her and in that trailer she's obviously not.

Is it like Agent Carter or SHIELD where none of the stuff matters? But even with Agent Carter I feel like Cap's ending in Endgame would've felt better if I had any connection to Carter.