Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Soo.. I need to finish Wandavision? I couldn't really get past the two episode-long black and white sitcom prank.
All the shows connect. We even have What If? characters showing up now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Uh... there's kind of a lot in between those. I asked because Wanda was a weepy vegetable last I saw her and in that trailer she's obviously not.
I mean one of those is Zombie Scarlet Witch in the trailer.

• 1Like

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
There's a lot in that trailer. The fact that it's Patrick Stewart's Xavier kinda nixes the JLaw/Days of Future Past timeline right?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Uh... there's kind of a lot in between those. I asked because Wanda was a weepy vegetable last I saw her and in that trailer she's obviously not.

Is it like Agent Carter or SHIELD where none of the stuff matters? But even with Agent Carter I feel like Cap's ending in Endgame would've felt better if I had any connection to Carter.
i noped out of the D+ shows after the clusterfuck that was the Falcon and Winter Soldier. i can only speak to them, just saying that whatever they do in the movies, they will explain what shit you may have missed not watching D+ shows if its important to the plot. people will ding movies if they dont explain that stuff. because not everyone watched them or wants to. if you want to watch those shows, then by all means, enjoy.

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Aren't they already doing stuff with US Agent and Weapon Plus/Isiah Bradley from that show? If they bring in Wolverine/Weapon X into the MCU and start referring to Bradley to do it, you'd need to have seen that too.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Aren't they already doing stuff with US Agent and Weapon Plus/Isiah Bradley from that show? If they bring in Wolverine/Weapon X into the MCU and start referring to Bradley to do it, you'd need to have seen that too.
maybe, if i miss something i can jut always check google or wikipedia. i havent watched the last 2 MCU films either. just spidey no way home. i will catch up changhee and el torinos someday, maybe after i watch rise of skywalker.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
There's a lot in that trailer. The fact that it's Patrick Stewart's Xavier kinda nixes the JLaw/Days of Future Past timeline right?
Not necessarily, this would be a Xavier from a completely different part of the multiverse. And yeah, you should finish Wandavision. I loved it personally but my track record for what I love isn't the most ironclad (to be faaaaair). But once you get to episode 4 you understand exactly what the conceit is of the first black and white episodes. What if? would also be good to get through, there are a couple excellent episodes in there, specifically the Dr. Strange one, and its fantastic how it ends in my opinion, I did not see them doing what they were doing. I am sure Marvel will make this understandable to those who didn't watch all that, but I like going in having studied a bit.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
i noped out of the D+ shows after the clusterfuck that was the Falcon and Winter Soldier. i can only speak to them, just saying that whatever they do in the movies, they will explain what shit you may have missed not watching D+ shows if its important to the plot. people will ding movies if they dont explain that stuff. because not everyone watched them or wants to. if you want to watch those shows, then by all means, enjoy.
Falcon and Winter Soldier was after Wanda and I agree it was not awesome at all. I still think Wanda and Loki were really well done series and worth a watch without question, but you're right...they will bitesize the info that someone who saw none of that needs to understand this movie.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Falcon and Winter Soldier was after Wanda and I agree it was not awesome at all. I still think Wanda and Loki were really well done series and worth a watch without question, but you're right...they will bitesize the info that someone who saw none of that needs to understand this movie.
i was going to binge Loki, but i didnt like what i was hearing, Loki is now a woman and they shit on the Infinity Stones concept? i dont remember anymore. just made me say meh, i also heard the Hawkeye show was hardly about Hawkeye and more about his replacement which rubbed me the wrong way because Hawkeye never got his origin story and if Natasha sacrifices herself for him, then at least give him something thats all about him.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Picard

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Aside from how much we seem to get along in very specific threads I am aware of how much we don't have in common (understatement!) in others. Just laying that out there. I've enjoyed discussing our common interests the last couple weeks in threads. With respect, the following...
I think you didn't give these a chance for the wrong reasons. Yeah, there is a female Loki, but our universes Loki is still the main character in the series. And the series introduces variants which will matter a lot in the next phase for Marvel. And in my opinion it sticks with our universe's Loki's personality that the only person he could ever be honest with is himself, he's a lying pile of crap as a character and we love that about him. On top of that, the actress playing her is fucking awesome. The infinity stones thing...well, you'd have to watch it. This series operates on a different plane than all the multiverse shit, in a good way.
And I do not agree with your impression of Hawkeye, I did not care one bit about him as an Avenger up until this series and thought all the jokes at his expense were well deserved. This series did 100x more for his character than any of the Marvel movies he was in. But yes, they were setting up his replacement. For which they picked one of the better actresses of her age. She was great. Give em a shot I honestly don't think you would have a complaint along the lines you set out.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Aside from how much we seem to get along in very specific threads I am aware of how much we don't have in common (understatement!) in others. Just laying that out there. I've enjoyed discussing our common interests the last couple weeks in threads. With respect, the following...
I think you didn't give these a chance for the wrong reasons. Yeah, there is a female Loki, but our universes Loki is still the main character in the series. And the series introduces variants which will matter a lot in the next phase for Marvel. And in my opinion it sticks with our universe's Loki's personality that the only person he could ever be honest with is himself, he's a lying pile of crap as a character and we love that about him. On top of that, the actress playing her is fucking awesome. The infinity stones thing...well, you'd have to watch it. This series operates on a different plane than all the multiverse shit, in a good way.
And I do not agree with your impression of Hawkeye, I did not care one bit about him as an Avenger up until this series and thought all the jokes at his expense were well deserved. This series did 100x more for his character than any of the Marvel movies he was in. But yes, they were setting up his replacement. For which they picked one of the better actresses of her age. She was great. Give em a shot I honestly don't think you would have a complaint along the lines you set out.
i'm no fan of Hawkeye either, but its also not fair for me to dismiss him since they never gave him the proper Avengers origin treatment either. they did that to Natasha, but its difficult not to like her the first time you see her on screen, being god tier hot in IM2. i may watch Hawkeye at some point. Loki i will likely watch based on your sayso that its good. i like Owen Wilson and i like Hiddleston, but if it sucks i will nope out. fair nuff?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The Hawkeye show was awesome. Youre just doing yourself a disservice by not watching it.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>

Is it like Agent Carter or SHIELD where none of the stuff matters? But even with Agent Carter I feel like Cap's ending in Endgame would've felt better if I had any connection to Carter.
Go watch wandavision man, I thought I wasn't going to like it at all for multiple reasons. Had no expectations so I was like you in the early episode(s) but it's a really nice slow build and great payoff IMO.

I'm the opposite on Hawkeye, thought it was too kiddie and they forced the chick too hard. Couldn't actually finish it.

Loki was just OK to me (and I like his character alot) but i'd say worth watching if you are about the MCU.

Falcon and Wintersolider is a big whiff

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Hawkeye was good, Wandavision was good, Loki was woke trash, jogger and thr winter soldier was woke trash.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
i was going to binge Loki, but i didnt like what i was hearing, Loki is now a woman and they shit on the Infinity Stones concept? i dont remember anymore. just made me say meh, i also heard the Hawkeye show was hardly about Hawkeye and more about his replacement which rubbed me the wrong way because Hawkeye never got his origin story and if Natasha sacrifices herself for him, then at least give him something thats all about him.

Loki is good. Those two points seem big on paper but aren’t really. They don’t shit on the infinity stones they just make the point that they hold no power outside of the timelines in the Timecops world and that in a multiverse where there is literal unlimited stones they aren’t as strong. And Loki as a chick is just a variant thing. Loki himself is still normal pre Thor 3 Loki, and there are unlimited variants in alternate timelines, some female, some alligator people etc. Don’t let two out of context bullet points ruin your view of a show.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden

How do? Patrick Stewart and James McAvoy both exist in the same timeline after those movies and also we don’t even know if that’s the version of Stewart from that timeline or from one of the other infinite number of multi-verses

I’m very skeptical of how they can pull this off properly through all these shows and movies but we have to move away from there being a single canon in the MCU Because based on Multiverse theory alone everything and everyone ever is possible all versions of all heroes exist

• 1Dislike