Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)

Juvarisx

Florida
Im thinking the black chick from Wandavision

Putting it in a spoiler incase you dont want major plot point ruined

The Maria/Monica Rambeau variant Captain Marvel who is on the Illuminati

This should be the rest of them

Patrick Stewart as Xavier
Bruce Campbell as Balder the Brave
Chiwetel Ejiofor as Sorcerer Supreme Mordo
Ioan Gruffudd as Reed Richards
Hayley Atwell as Captain Britain / America

Tom Cruise is supposed to play Superior Iron Man but is not on the Illuminati but obviously funds it / has something to do it it (Ultron Bots etc)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Soo.. I need to finish Wandavision? I couldn't really get past the two episode-long black and white sitcom prank.
Wandavision & Loki under the belt would be needed too I guess.
Don't pay attention to these bunch of faggots (Sans MFF):

fagmos.jpg

Yes, you very likely need to finish Wandavision to get a full appreciation of DSMOM I believe strongly.

Wandavision explains a bunch about her and Vision. It's really good... not so much action oriented but it's deep and will certainly give explanation to Wanda's upcoming motives.

Loki is just a full explanation into how/why the multiverse is a thing.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
I did see the first couple eps of WandaVision already, just kinda walked off after the sitcom gag kept going. I'll get back to it then.

I didn't mind Loki and Falcon/Winter Soldier was way too woke, but I did finish it. What If was another point where I thought I'd prolly give more of a shit if I saw the Agent Carter/SHIELD shows.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
i don't think you really need to watch any of the MCU shows, you can summarize each in one line

WandaVision - pre 2000s sitcoms are awesome, Wanda has PTSD, she is super powerful and a bit nuts now. Expect to see Vision again.
Loki - this one is worth a watch because imo its going to be the "root" of the multiverse. Jean Claude Van Damme's Time Cops are real but they deal with the multiverse, season 2 starts filming soon.
Hawkeye - Die Hard is awesome, Christmas is awesome, Hawkeye + Kate Bishop are awesome, scale was really small and nothing super important happens but its fun
Falcon/WS - yeah skip this one 100%. Falcon is now Captain America. America is racist and was even more racist in the 60s. Thats it.

Hawkeye is interesting because it was originally conceived of as a movie similar to Black Widow but late in the cycle it was pivoted to be a 6 episode TV series, which worked out perfectly thanks to covid.

• 1Like

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
I saw Hawkeye. Wasn't a huge fan but it was disposable fun. I only really put up with it because Hailley Steinfeld was in Arcane.

Of that list the only one I haven't finished is Wandavision.

Cybsled

What if? would also be good to get through, there are a couple excellent episodes in there, specifically the Dr. Strange one, and its fantastic how it ends in my opinion, I did not see them doing what they were doing. I am sure Marvel will make this understandable to those who didn't watch all that, but I like going in having studied a bit.

Given the trailer seems to lift scenes directly from the Dr Strange What If?, you probably want to definitely watch that one if nothing else.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
If you dont want to Watch Wanda this is all you need to know:

She returned after 5 years away being snapped and Vision is still dead. SHes in grief. SHe finds out they want to revive Visions body as a Cyborg made of Vibranium to use to defend against space threats post Thanos. She snaps and cant control her power and makes a "Private" world based on the old american sitcoms she watched as a child in Sokovia. Her powers were given by the sould stone, the Very Stone that gave birth to Vision and some of that residual power lets her make a vision and children in her private world that she ultimately has to allow to "die" to do the righ thing and free the town taken over by her world. A witch tries tor steal her powers using some crazy magic book thing (I dont read the comics) and unlocks WAndas Latent power of the scarlet witch (The idea is shes had more power inside her that allowed her to survive the experiments with the soul stone) She saves the day, Unlocks her powers, but seems to be corrupted by the evil book which she wants to use to find out how to bring Vision and her kids to reality because they cant exist outside her pocket universe which she had to destroy. Vision is revived as a Cyborg with his powers and memory but not his soul. He is a new vision.
TLDR : Wanda Unlocks major powers, takes a Potential Heel turn looking to save people she loves and becomes corrupted, and I assume the events of Loki open her path forward to save her family which will play into this movie and her manipulation of reality.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Given the trailer seems to lift scenes directly from the Dr Strange What If?, you probably want to definitely watch that one if nothing else.
Wandavision was always intended to be a lead in to the movie, so I imagine any recap of that will be minor at best. The What if? and Loki tie ins are more interesting, since I dont believe those shows were supposed to be out until after this movie's original release date.

Cybsled

The magic book is the Darkhold. If you watched Agents of Shield, you have a general idea of why that book is bad news

It will tell you whatever information you want to know, but it corrupts the reader. Think of The One Ring from LOTR.

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah I'll watch it. I did try to watch it when it first came out but after the sitcom gag dragged on for a couple episodes I just figured it would be some kitschy color to fill out the D+ christmas lineup. Kinda like how Hawkeye starts out.

It sounds like it gets into some structural narrative for the next phase of the MCU so I'll finish it.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I'll watch it. I did try to watch it when it first came out but after the sitcom gag dragged on for a couple episodes I just figured it would be some kitschy color to fill out the D+ christmas lineup. Kinda like how Hawkeye starts out.

It sounds like it gets into some structural narrative for the next phase of the MCU so I'll finish it.

I'm interested to see how the extra time and media releases have influenced the movie.

The original schedule if not for Covid effecting movie releases would have been Wandavision, Multiverse of Madness, Loki like a week later, spider-man in the summer, then What if?.

We see a lot of influence of Loki and What If? in the trailer, but I wonder if their connections will be loosely or not at all explained, as the D+ shows were intended to be a post mortem on the movie, not a lead in. Or if that is what all the reshoots and stuff they did at the end of last year did, address the fact that this movie is coming out after, not before, all the other marvel multiverse stuff.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
We see a lot of influence of Loki and What If? in the trailer, but I wonder if their connections will be loosely or not at all explained, as the D+ shows were intended to be a post mortem on the movie, not a lead in. Or if that is what all the reshoots and stuff they did at the end of last year did, address the fact that this movie is coming out after, not before, all the other marvel multiverse stuff.

I'd imagine loki is going to mostly tie the whole variant bits together. Battle to be the meta variants, council of all powerful variants. Story will prob try to tie it all together and it'll be faction of bad variants and good variants fighting throughout the next phase.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

Look, I know you didn't like the taste of that dick for the 10 seconds you had it in your mouth, but just finish sucking it. I promise, the payoff at the end is worth it.

• 3Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you dont want to Watch Wanda this is all you need to know:

Her powers were given by the sould stone,
You misspelled the word Mind.

Currently no Marvel character draws their power from the Soul Stone save for the gauntlet or the alternate Ultron.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ayup, I honestly do hope you will enjoy.
ok, watched Loki, its way better than Wandavision. ep 4 and 5 were the best of the bunch. ep6 was slowish, but it ended well. yeah the female Loki is pretty cool. Richard E Grant was excellent as always. still though i feel like this can all be explained in a few seconds of exposition. "there is a break in our timeline and it needs to be restored." thanks for the recommendation. i did really like it with the slight woke taint aside.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Awesome, I'm glad to hear it. I'm a little slow on the woke uptake sometimes since I'm surrounded by it here in SoCal, so you may have a point there but for me I loved the design element of the series. Just the way it was shot and how everything looked was enough for me. I'm a sucker for the timey-wimey and multiverse stuff anyways.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Awesome, I'm glad to hear it. I'm a little slow on the woke uptake sometimes since I'm surrounded by it here in SoCal, so you may have a point there but for me I loved the design element of the series. Just the way it was shot and how everything looked was enough for me. I'm a sucker for the timey-wimey and multiverse stuff anyways.
ive been following it for a long time, you learn to spot the subtlety, but none of it was in your face, so it didnt ruin my enjoyment. now you wanna talk about in your face, kick in the nuts wokeness, thats Falcon & Winter Soldier. that shit killed me from watching the other D+ MCU shows. Loki was a breath of fresh air in comparison.

• 1Solidarity