Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I will never watch iron man 2
I still don't get why this movie gets so much hate. It has both Sam Rockwell and Mickey Rourke just chewing the fuck out of the screen - what isn't to love? Plus, it has a 26 year old ScarJo.

• 6Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Dunno, in Africa at least you'd likely be able to keep your dick. Jury's still out on whether or not Charlize's joggerlings will keep theirs.
hopefully it ends with her murder
My daughter's story is really her story, and one day, if she chooses, she'll tell her story,' she said. 'I feel like as her mother, for me, it was important to let the world know that I would appreciate it if they would use the right pronouns for her.'

In an interview with DailyMail.com earlier this year, Charlize said her children were 'born who they are and exactly where in the world both of them get to find themselves as they grow up, and who they want to be, is not for me to decide.'

She continued with Pride Source: 'I think it became harder for us the older she got that people were still writing about her in the wrong pronouns, and also I was still talking about her in the press using the wrong pronoun.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I still don't get why this movie gets so much hate. It has both Sam Rockwell and Mickey Rourke just chewing the fuck out of the screen - what isn't to love? Plus, it has a 26 year old ScarJo.
And thos tits and ass. Got damn

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy

It's a C tier MCU outing, but that means it's still better than a good chunk of them. It really does have some good high points (namely the cast) but the movie overall is meh.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Same. Plus the soundtrack was great.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Since I just rewatched Iron Man 2, I'd say it's better than yall remember. I'd say it's B-tier, not C-tier. Tony Stark is a joy and Black Widow is hot as hell. Also liked Russian badass Mickey Rourke. Was much more fun revisiting that than it was catching up on Phase 4, TBH.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
didn't they do iron man 1 & 2 essentially with no script or rewriting it daily? They are decent movies but they also jump around weirdly with a lot of story disconnects, and are mostly just carried by the actors charisma

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Iron Man 2 is a good to very good movie, what lets it down is how stupid Mickey Rourke's character comes off as.

• 1Garbage

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Iron man 2 and 3 are made worse in retrospect because they have a completely desynchronized story from the rest of the mcu, but by themselves they're pretty good

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Not getting tricked into them ruining the Mandarin or this hot piece of garbage

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Dunno, in Africa at least you'd likely be able to keep your dick. Jury's still out on whether or not Charlize's joggerlings will keep theirs.
Somewhere around the age of 5 or 6 they get big enough to assert dominance over a crack whore like her. Watching some little jogger beat the ever living shit out of a coal burner at that age is really just a site that warms my heart. I remember one in particular where I just had to stop to watch who was on the floor crying "WHY WON'T ANYONE HELP MEEE" as the little african slapped her head over and over.

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Knock knock.
Who's there?
Door Mom.
Door Mom who?
Yes.

images.jpg

<womp womp>

• 1Worf

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Above average movie, hindered by several things.
Personal annoyances-
1) Shitty villian. Wanda was just completely batshit and illogical, basically a giant rubber monster. This is similar to what happened between IW and Endgame with Thanos. Olsen acted well with what she was given, but its been a long running issue with most Marvel movies that the villians have been sub par.
2) SJW Checklist- The eye rolling I did at every virtue point checkbox they ticked was extensive. Fortunately, they were mostly done with that after Universe with Fedora wearing NPCs and plants on the windows. Just the usual male heroes getting wtfpwnt in 3 seconds while the vagina wearing ones somehow could last minutes in the ring with Wanda.
3) Missed opportunities- Probably the result of schedule shuffling and delays, but the evil strange could have been the one from What If while he was trapped in his own universe, just prior to the finale. Also a bit more info on both Cthon and the Illuminati would have saved them from feeling tacked on/shoe horned in.
4) Heroes are the source of all the problems. This gets overdone in Marvel movies a ton, with Civil War being the worst offender.
5) No real ground rules for magic. This is always going to be hard in any medium, but in a movie its worse since you have less time to lay the ground rules out.

General Criticisms-
1) Wong was inconsistent. Been stated here, but agree with the bitching about Wong being retarded.
2) If the Illuminati were as hardcore as they claimed or were portrayed in the comics, they would have hit the automated "gas the mexican girl" button on her cell the moment their facility was breeched and certainly had deadman switches set up to that effect. And what sort of super organization decides to engage the SW and leave their sorcerer supreme behind? Carter should have been on guard the Wizard duty, not Mordo.
3) Prof X, literal mind reader, read Stranges mind and knew he was not bullshiting about the threat. Prof X proceeds to not share this with the rest of the group. Fucking stupid.
4) Stange dealing with his personal demons was well done and there should have been more of this and far less virtue signalling.
5) Girl playing chavez was flat as an actress, but thats probably because of the quality of the people she shared screentime with.

Things I liked or at least did not mind-
1) Black Cpt Marvel was fine, as the original character was black in the comics and that version was infinitely more likable than Cpt Resting Bitchface.
2) Diarrhea Christmas Lights CGI fest did not bother me because anything Dr Strange related is going to have to be like that.
3) Final fight was decently done and the pep talk from Strange actually made good sense (standard Hero's Journey stuff) in context.
4) Chavez did not completely take over the movie, and make Cumbersnatch a guest star in his own flick.
5) Nice Raimi horror touches. Could have used more, but the murder hobo fest and Carrie nod were great.

Overall, 6.5 out of ten, maybe a little more. I liked it about as much as I did the first, but its not something I am going to go out of my way to re-watch. I think it was Angry Joe who said it felt like they were restraining Raimi from doing his thing, and I agree. I would love to see the first cut of this movie that he did and feel like he deserves a shot at making a movie with complete artistic freedom. If he does the next one, I am in for seeing it. If this is the last completely solo Strange movie, I also won't shed a tear. Much like Iron Man, Strange works better as a guest in other movies, imo, unless you are specifically going to explore his personal issues. This movie did that more so than the first, but the pacing and MacGuffinisms were way worse. Its not one of Marvel's best, but its far above the shit tier movies like Cpt Marvel, Inumans, or the like.

• 1Cringe
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Above average movie, hindered by several things.
Personal annoyances-
1) Shitty villian. Wanda was just completely batshit and illogical, basically a giant rubber monster. This is similar to what happened between IW and Endgame with Thanos. Olsen acted well with what she was given, but its been a long running issue with most Marvel movies that the villians have been sub par.
2) SJW Checklist- The eye rolling I did at every virtue point checkbox they ticked was extensive. Fortunately, they were mostly done with that after Universe with Fedora wearing NPCs and plants on the windows. Just the usual male heroes getting wtfpwnt in 3 seconds while the vagina wearing ones somehow could last minutes in the ring with Wanda.
3) Missed opportunities- Probably the result of schedule shuffling and delays, but the evil strange could have been the one from What If while he was trapped in his own universe, just prior to the finale. Also a bit more info on both Cthon and the Illuminati would have saved them from feeling tacked on/shoe horned in.
4) Heroes are the source of all the problems. This gets overdone in Marvel movies a ton, with Civil War being the worst offender.
5) No real ground rules for magic. This is always going to be hard in any medium, but in a movie its worse since you have less time to lay the ground rules out.

General Criticisms-
1) Wong was inconsistent. Been stated here, but agree with the bitching about Wong being retarded.
2) If the Illuminati were as hardcore as they claimed or were portrayed in the comics, they would have hit the automated "gas the mexican girl" button on her cell the moment their facility was breeched and certainly had deadman switches set up to that effect. And what sort of super organization decides to engage the SW and leave their sorcerer supreme behind? Carter should have been on guard the Wizard duty, not Mordo.
3) Prof X, literal mind reader, read Stranges mind and knew he was not bullshiting about the threat. Prof X proceeds to not share this with the rest of the group. Fucking stupid.
4) Stange dealing with his personal demons was well done and there should have been more of this and far less virtue signalling.
5) Girl playing chavez was flat as an actress, but thats probably because of the quality of the people she shared screentime with.

Things I liked or at least did not mind-
1) Black Cpt Marvel was fine, as the original character was black in the comics and that version was infinitely more likable than Cpt Resting Bitchface.
2) Diarrhea Christmas Lights CGI fest did not bother me because anything Dr Strange related is going to have to be like that.
3) Final fight was decently done and the pep talk from Strange actually made good sense (standard Hero's Journey stuff) in context.
4) Chavez did not completely take over the movie, and make Cumbersnatch a guest star in his own flick.
5) Nice Raimi horror touches. Could have used more, but the murder hobo fest and Carrie nod were great.

Overall, 6.5 out of ten, maybe a little more. I liked it about as much as I did the first, but its not something I am going to go out of my way to re-watch. I think it was Angry Joe who said it felt like they were restraining Raimi from doing his thing, and I agree. I would love to see the first cut of this movie that he did and feel like he deserves a shot at making a movie with complete artistic freedom. If he does the next one, I am in for seeing it. If this is the last completely solo Strange movie, I also won't shed a tear. Much like Iron Man, Strange works better as a guest in other movies, imo, unless you are specifically going to explore his personal issues. This movie did that more so than the first, but the pacing and MacGuffinisms were way worse. Its not one of Marvel's best, but its far above the shit tier movies like Cpt Marvel, Inumans, or the like.

Did you have to buy two seats when you went to the theater?

• 3Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I'm hearing bad things about the drop off between 1st and 2nd week box office numbers.... Or is this the "new normal" for movies post-covid?

But there seems to be an explanation for the abnormal 1st week surge....
1652650339796.png

• 5Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 5 users