Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Who/what is Cathon? Never heard of it. Madison Cawthorn?

Sounds like FWS would piss me off indeed.

I can't get a loan either, because I shot my credit when I was in my 20's by not dealing with a medical bill for years, being late on payments, etc. Been doing everything nearly-flawlessly in my 30's but it doesn't matter, my credit is still like 10 points shy of getting any substantial loans.

It's probably 'cause of my skin color. No, it's because I made bad choices and stupid mistakes.
I have never had the same problem, but doesn't your credit only extend out 7-10 years? I thought after 7 years the score no longer takes a negative into account? Its how people eventually recover from a bankruptcy.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I have never had the same problem, but doesn't your credit only extend out 7-10 years? I thought after 7 years the score no longer takes a negative into account? Its how people eventually recover from a bankruptcy.
That is after debts have been paid, IIRC. I know a couple who went BK and gave their house back and maxxed out all their cards thinking they'd be discharged in BK. LOL, idiots. Anyway, 12+ years later and they are still paying off debts and their credit is still fucked.

I think it all started when they got tired of paying $1800 a month for mortgage. The only place they could find to rent was...$1800 a month.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Sounds like FWS would piss me off indeed.

I can't get a loan either, because I shot my credit when I was in my 20's by not dealing with a medical bill for years, being late on payments, etc. Been doing everything nearly-flawlessly in my 30's but it doesn't matter, my credit is still like 10 points shy of getting any substantial loans.

It's probably 'cause of my skin color. No, it's because I made bad choices and stupid mistakes.
you have to ask one of our comic book guys, i read comics as a little kid, but it was just Spidey and Archie comics.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure this is who he is referring to. Would be pretty out there, but then again, Dormammu wasn't someone I expected to show up ever. Or Gorr the God Butcher.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That is after debts have been paid, IIRC. I know a couple who went BK and gave their house back and maxxed out all their cards thinking they'd be discharged in BK. LOL, idiots. Anyway, 12+ years later and they are still paying off debts and their credit is still fucked.

I think it all started when they got tired of paying $1800 a month for mortgage. The only place they could find to rent was...$1800 a month.
yeah, debts never go away, they just cant really do shit to you except garnish your wages for a certain %. though bill collectors do give up on you. so maybe in a way you escaped paying back the money, but your credit is shot for life. moral of the story, toss your credit cards away if you cant pay your bills in full each month. i learned that shit in the 90s, i was having too much fun in my twenties and figured i would just pay it off in my 30s. if it was just the money i spent that wouldnt have been a problem, the interest is what always fucks you.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
yeah, debts never go away, they just cant really do shit to you except garnish your wages for a certain %. though bill collectors do give up on you. so maybe in a way you escaped paying back the money, but your credit is shot for life. moral of the story, toss your credit cards away if you cant pay your bills in full each month. i learned that shit in the 90s, i was having too much fun in my twenties and figured i would just pay it off in my 30s. if it was just the money i spent that wouldnt have been a problem, the interest is what always fucks you.
Kind of amazing how badly they screwed themselves. They are at the point in their lives when their house should be paid for. Now all they have to look forward to is working till they die.

Xevy

Log Wizard
This was okay. Bit of a letdown. Some cool scenes, some hokey acting and bad direction, but some of the Raimi stuff hit pretty well. Expected more, but still not awful. Definitely not aching to see it again. 7/10

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

TBH I have no clue. Most of my mistakes were made in the 2007-2013 range. The medical bill I never paid was a $25 charge that I didn't even know about and was on the books for about 6 years before I found out, think I got it when I was 20. By the time I found out about it, the clinic that billed me didn't exist anymore. Eventually that issue poofed from my ledger, so I guess the statute of limitations arrived for it. Credit didn't bounce back though. And I had an abundance of late payments, which ended around late 2013. Credit was like 550 when I turned 30. Been clawing it back up since around then, gaining 30 or so points every year by just making all my payments on-time and trying not to ever add any large debts. I think it's 680 or so now and apparently you need 690 to get loans. Or somewhere in that ballpark.

spronk

FPS noob
lol saw this pop up on torrents, it has Lucille Ball as Morgana Le Fey! Dr. Strange the movie from 1978 haha

• 1Great Review
  • 1Popcorn
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Surprised they haven't announced a Fantastic Four movie yet.

Phase 4 also doesn't seem to have an end-movie like the others did. It just goes right from Phase 4 to Phase 5 some time soon. I can't really wrap my head around that. What differentiates Phase 4 and 5?

I'll say this though, I thought they didn't have any real plan post-Thanos and were just throwing random sequels out there, but now I think I was wrong. There's definitely a plan leading to a climax, even if I don't get it yet.
The good stuff in P4 is all multiverse stuff, Ant Man 3 being more of that.

So I would assume there'll be a movie to merge some of the multiverses so that P5 can have X-Men and Fantastic 4.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

No, that's not true. Only a few things like student loans don't follow the 7 year rule when it comes to your credit.

It's also 7 years from when it went on to your credit report, not 7 years from when you created the debt.

• 2Like

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Movie was alright. Before Wandavision I had this dream that Wanda would be one of the major members of the next Avengers. Also a well developed, but flawed character.

The more I think about the post credits scene with Charlize Theron the more I want to laugh. Unfortunate, but she looked every bit like a 40+ year old women trying everything to look younger. That shit is washed up and I just can't take her seriously.

This movie kind of felt like an elaborate explanation to casuals that the multiverse exists. I was entertained but am conflicted about how I feel about it.

• 1Like

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Even after all the recent crap they have produced, Marvel still gets to entertain thanks to videos like this one:

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Movie was alright. Before Wandavision I had this dream that Wanda would be one of the major members of the next Avengers. Also a well developed, but flawed character.

The more I think about the post credits scene with Charlize Theron the more I want to laugh. Unfortunate, but she looked every bit like a 40+ year old women trying everything to look younger. That shit is washed up and I just can't take her seriously.

This movie kind of felt like an elaborate explanation to casuals that the multiverse exists. I was entertained but am conflicted about how I feel about it.
maybe the incursions are what she did to her adopted BOYS.
iu

• 1Barf
  • 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
She was officially rated "undateable" years ago due to how messed up she was, yet still qualified to raise kids.

• 2Like