Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
They would have made mountains of money if they let Raimi take that ball and run with it. So short sighted.
It’s maddening how fucking stupid their process is. The dude made literal billions for Sony but their little Disney box-set model has to be put together exactly how they want it like some screaming autist.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
They would have made mountains of money if they let Raimi take that ball and run with it. So short sighted.
This is still probably the darkest MCU movie so far. Wanda vs the Illuminati was pretty brutal.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
The scene where Wanda vs the Illuminati was close to The Boys or Invincible from Amazon. This was pretty dark at points for sure. I still maintain though that Dr. Strange has been a missed opportunity for Marvel. It needed a different tone and to be more fantastical. (thus my Pan's Labyrinth mention in an earlier post).

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's still Disney being Disney, the deaths didn't do much but shock for a moment. I legit thought they killed Tobey in NWH for a second,

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
They missed a perfect opportunity of America and Strange falling through a universe in front of Deadpool, who has to stop suddenly to avoid the portal and drops an aluminum foil covered tray he's holding.

Deadpool, looking directly at the audience: "What the fuck was that? Oh no! The lemon squares for the baby shower!"

End scene.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
Saw it last night. What a piece of shit. And does Sam Rami have to turn every movie into Evil Dead? Hack

• 1Salty
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Saw it last night. What a piece of shit. And does Sam Rami have to turn every movie into Evil Dead? Hack

Not challenging you, because I thought it was a complete piece of shit too, but what did you hate about it?

When I talk to several RL friends, they are like "I loved it, I thought like the battle with the musical notes was so cool", and to me it was among the faggiest shit I've ever seen in my life. Literally I could watch all our forum trannies blow bang each other and it would be less faggy than this whole movie.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Picard

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The movie had so much potential and wasted all of it.

Even the stupid "you have to be the one holding the knife" thing was fucking retarded because we already did that ego shit it the first Dr Strange.

And then Infinity War for sure should have put that shit to rest.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
Not challenging you, because I thought it was a complete piece of shit too, but what did you hate about it?
I hated the tone and directing in general. I think Raimi gets way too much credit when he's a one trick pony who can't help but insert his shlock into movies that don't warrant it. I hated all the CG environments. Any action scenes that take place in a fully CG world are always terrible. It didn't help that they started the movie that way to set the tone. I hated the actress who played Chavez; flat, zero charisma, and no chemistry with Cumberbatch. The story felt disjointed and didn't take any time to develop ideas. I don't even think 3 minutes passed between Wanda saying she was coming to take Chavez and her showing up at the temple; no effort to build foreboding or anticipation (think Helms Deep). I don't like the way they treat the multiverse characters when it comes to disposability. They're literally just Star Trek red shirts with fancy skins. Important characters should be treated as being important no matter what universe they're from. Otherwise there are no stakes.
I just didn't give a fuck about anything happening on screen. It felt more like a Marvel TV show than a Marvel movie. The quality has just dropped right off. It feels like a bloated behemoth that has written itself into a corner of only getting bigger and bigger. This was closer to Raimi's Wizard of Oz than it was to Winter Soldier. No one is steering the ship anymore. When
Theron
showed up in the mid-credit scene I couldn't have cared less. I could only think "are they doing this again???"

I was so stoked when I first heard this movie was in development. The idea of it is right up my alley. But they stunk the joint out.

I liked the tentacle creature

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Wanda was just completely batshit and illogical,
She should be right up your alley then, guy who constantly says things with 0 proof!!!

Also, I find it funny that a childless man cannot understand why she is the way she is due to her love of her kids, but she really had no kids which drove her kinda batty.

This is similar to what happened between IW and Endgame with Thanos. Olsen acted well with what she was given, but its been a long running issue with most Marvel movies that the villians have been sub par.
Thanos is one of the best villains ever due to NOT being just 1 dimensional type of BIG BAD SMASH BECAUSE I EVIL. Like, that's a universal sentiment that Thanos's reasons for his malevolence was actually something that made sense.

It's hot takes like this, Phazael, that cements your place for being so utterly detached from reason and logic.

• 1Picard

Jive Turkey

Karen
Thanos is one of the best villains ever due to NOT being just 1 dimensional type of BIG BAD SMASH BECAUSE I EVIL. Like, that's a universal sentiment that Thanos's reasons for his malevolence was actually something that made sense.

It's hot takes like this, Phazael, that cements your place for being so utterly detached from reason and logic.
Thanos 1.0 in Infinity War was great. But then they killed him at the start of Endgame and Thanos 2.0 WAS the 1 dimensional big bad. He was just chasing infinite power

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
She should be right up your alley then, guy who constantly says things with 0 proof!!!

Also, I find it funny that a childless man cannot understand why she is the way she is due to her love of her kids, but she really had no kids which drove her kinda batty.

Yeah, best villain ever because of his motivation that makes no sense if you think about it for now than a minute.

Definitely the first villain in history to have a noble cause.

Ambiturner Ambiturner

Please link a post of yours where you actually enjoy, like, and are entertained by something.

Thanks!

No, I'm not a trained monkey and I'm not going to dance for a living Dunning-Kruger Effect

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Thanos 1.0 in Infinity War was great. But then they killed him at the start of Endgame and Thanos 2.0 WAS the 1 dimensional big bad. He was just chasing infinite power
nah, he was pretty calculating and clever in Endgame. when Scarlet Witch was ripping him to pieces he called in all the missiles to stop her even though it would have fucked up all his men. he understand the timey wimey stuff too and made adjustments for it. Thanos was always more than just a typical DCEU villain.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Was not a big fan of this. It was just all over the place and didnt know what it wanted to be. Loved all the different elements thrown in but it didnt come out as a finished product. The best part was definitely 90s X-Men Professor X. They even played the theme song from the cartoon when he rolled out.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
FTzaJSiXEAAK-9U

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users