Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)

Jive Turkey

Karen
I just don't care enough about this shit to watch it through.
This is exactly how I felt at the very beginning of the movie. Whose idea was it to start with a CGI shitfest in the middle of a boring battle the audience has zero investment in? And it didn't get much better from there

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This movie was a mess and somehow boring despite mostly action. It might be decent for phase 4 but that is a nonexistent bar of shit outside of Spider-Man.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I do not believe the sorcerer supreme can innately fly. Strange is able to solely due to the magic cloak he wears. That's my understanding, but it's never actually explained in the movies.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Goddamn this movie was ass. I don't understand all the people who jerk off over Sam Raimi. Total dogshit director.

I fired up a video game and "watched" this in the background after about 15-20 minutes, when I realized it was going to be a snoozefest.

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I would say this movie is disappointing (given the involvement of Raimi, Elfman, etc.) but not bad - between the brief actual multiverse bit and Wanda's takedown of the Illuminati, there is more memorable here than a ton of other marvel movies (everything not Spider-Man in phase four, Thor 1/2, BP, CM, probably IM 2/3, etc.)

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
This is exactly how I felt at the very beginning of the movie. Whose idea was it to start with a CGI shitfest in the middle of a boring battle the audience has zero investment in? And it didn't get much better from there
I do agree with this, they did it at least twice early in the movie, and both times it was like "why did you blow so much effects budget on a throwaway scene no one cares about?"

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Watched it last night on D+. Glad I didn't theater this. It was visually top notch. There is so much to dislike though. In no particular order...

Black chick Capt Marvel. I didn't hate her because she was black, I hated her because she was a black Brie Larson. Totally fucking unlikable.

I don't care if the girls name is America and she uses star portals in the comics. It was stupid. The idea of someone having multiverse powers was fine, the execution was ass.

Lesbo moms. Added zero value to the movie. Pure SJW pandering.

Them murdering whatever earth number Strange the illuminati murdered. It's a comic movie. You don't have heroes murder Dr. Strange (their friend). They exile him or some shit. They don't murder him.

Capt Carter jetpack. Was stupid and added no value to the show. Also opened up questions like why hasn't Reed Richards made her a modern version? I knows it's from what if, but it is still stupid.

I could go on, but the movie just isn't good. It's not Eternals bad or anything. It's mediocre at best.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Zombie strange was the saving point imo. I dont know how they messed up the Illuminati stuff so bad. Also why put in Rintrah and just have him in the background, so odd

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah, I put this in the category of something like Thor: Dark World or the first Captain America. It's not offensively bad, it's just not good and totally forgettable.
Shut your whore mouth about First Avenger. That movie is good.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Shut your whore mouth about First Avenger. That movie is good.
Yeah I will watch first Cap over this any day. Cap 1 is high on the list of tier 2 while this is almost tier 3 bad, all the acting was great, the story was just a mess.

I blame it's failure on American Chavez even though she was surprisingly great

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I really liked First Avenger. This is another movie (like Ant-Man) that at first glance seems like it has very little to work with. The origin story, the technology (vita-rays, etc.) seems really cringy but they do a great job with what they have. Even the part of the storyline where Cap is at first a war bonds salesman who ignores orders and goes off on his own is done really well.

I was surprised and really enjoyed it. My favorite part of the film is when Tommy Lee Jones throws a dummy grenade into the training squad and Rogers is the only one who dives on it, that always gets me right in the feels.

• 2Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Them murdering whatever earth number Strange the illuminati murdered. It's a comic movie. You don't have heroes murder Dr. Strange (their friend). They exile him or some shit. They don't murder him.
They intentionally made them jerks to soften the blow of Scarlet Witch murdering them.

And Cap 1 doesn't get enough love - notice I didn't include Cap 1 in the list of movies DS&MM is better than

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
That scene also confused me. I am pretty sure the sorcerer supreme can fly. I honestly thought the movie was insinuating that he died. Then he is shown at the edge of a cliff an hour later.

Made no sense...

Sorcerer Supreme is just a title and a responsibility. It doesn't give you any power you don't already have

• 1Solidarity

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
This was a mediocre mess up until he gave his pep talk...

then it kicked into turbo retard mode and I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes.

"Believe in yourself!"

star trek laughing GIF

Quaid

Trump's Staff
This movie was so bad, not only does it make me far less likely to ever watch another Marvel movie, I’m less likely to watch any movie at all ever again.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users