Doctor Who

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Didn't Leela end up hooking up with a Timelord?

Yup. Show has had TONS of strong women, dating way back to its origins with the Hartnell Doctor. Strong women like Leela, Ace, and Amelia. Smart women like Nyssa, Romana, and Missy. Morally grounded well written women like Penny, Sara Jane, and Donna. It even had one of the best gay characters in sci fi of all time, with Captain Jack. It had decent (if short lived) minority companions like Martha, who suffered from being written as lovesick for the Doctor after we had just had two years of Rose boring us with that shit. There was already more diversity in the that blue box than in a BK Kids Meal. But its never enough for the cult.

Like everything else the SJW cult touches, they have no real knowledge of its history. They just see something they can invade and fag up with their surgically constructed faux flaps. Missy worked because the actress playing the role was not a virtue signaling retard and the writing of the character was mostly pretty good. Hell, if Buckwheat was never on the show and it was some gender bender shit of the Doctor and Missy coming to terms, Capaldi's last season might have been the best one ever filmed. Instead, the virtue signaling took center stage and everyone worth a shit bailed as soon as they could. I feel bad for Capaldi, who wanted the role forever only to get shafted with bad scrips and the agenda police of BBC dictating everything. If you fast forward through anything involving the Dindu Dyke Mary Sue, you are left with some really good quality Dr Who, but that's only less than 10 percent of the entire season.

No way this does not crater in a manner identical to Orphan Black's demise at the end. They will respond to tanking with allegations of trolls and -isms, while ramping up the virtue signaling until the whole thing spirals out of existence.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
No opening or closing credits...very strange.

Episode was average at best, not quite sure.

Edit: I heard in UK they played intro and out credits, but not on BBC America.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Wow... that was really good. Reminded me of an Eccleston episode. That was better than almost everything Moffat produced.

Not familiar with Sheffield so don't know how realistic the racial diversity was, that's fine for Manchester which is where I live and the closest city to it. From what I know it's probably OK.

There was no feminist propaganda in the episode and female doctor seemed to fit in with the character quite well.

It had closing credits in the UK/on the BBC streaming service, they are using something very close to the original 60s theme and it sounds awesome. I think we get opening credits next week.

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Was... ok...?
It wasn't terrible. You could really feel the difference in showrunner though. Best comparison would be TNG show vs TNG movies, same story and characters but a different cinematography and feel. I didn't hate Jodi as the doctor yet. I do like the companions so far. Bad guy was fairly good... lol at Tim Shaw.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Wow... that was really good. Reminded me of an Eccleston episode. That was better than almost everything Moffat produced.

Not familiar with Sheffield so don't know how realistic the racial diversity was, that's fine for Manchester which is where I live and the closest city to it. From what I know it's probably OK.

There was no feminist propaganda in the episode and female doctor seemed to fit in with the character quite well.

It had closing credits in the UK/on the BBC streaming service, they are using something very close to the original 60s theme and it sounds awesome. I think we get opening credits next week.
really? why did they virtue signal the glass ceiling and "its about time" bullshit in the teaser? i'm gonna give this a few weeks and if its still solid, i'll hop back on board

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
really? why did they virtue signal the glass ceiling and "its about time" bullshit in the teaser? i'm gonna give this a few weeks and if its still solid, i'll hop back on board
Marketing departments I would guess are a feminist stronghold since its a way to be in an industry without actually doing any of the core work. Same as HR.

You are right, the trailers were very worrying and absolute shit. The actual episode was very dark in tone, the total opposite of the trailers.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Marketing departments I would guess are a feminist stronghold since its a way to be in an industry without actually doing any of the core work. Same as HR.

You are right, the trailers were very worrying and absolute shit. The actual episode was very dark in tone, the total opposite of the trailers.
aight man, i'll give this a shot based on i know you're a big Who fan and you know how this show should be.

velk

Trakanon Raider
It was.. fine. New doctor was kind of bland, but seems fair to give her a few episodes to get into it. Companions were serviceable, story not particularly original, I did get a laugh out of the dude just hitting "yes" to the alien terms and conditions without reading them though.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Probably a smart move to focus first on the humans, then introduce the Doctor like a quarter of the way through the episode. You build out the potential companions/recurring human characters a bit, then you plop the Doctor into the middle of them.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I figured out what was bugging me. There were two lines in the trailer that they used in the episode where The Doctor says if someone needs help I never refuse and if I see a problem I fix it. Are those true? For the most part yes, but why would he announce that? Then it dawned on me that they're banking on a new audience tuning in only because of the gender swap and they have no idea who(pun intended) The Doctor is.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
There were a lot of womyn at work who tuned in who have never watched Dr Who before, so in that sense it was very effective.

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
Thought it was pretty decent. The 11th's is still the best Doctor intro episode, but this was better than 10's or 12's first episode. Let's hope the quality doesn't drop off sharply.

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
aight man, i'll give this a shot based on i know you're a big Who fan and you know how this show should be.
I skipped the Capaldi run but decided to tune in for this premiere. Not bad, honestly. Definitely a different feel -- wasn't goofy like a lot of the Moffat shit. I think the actress did a great job channeling The Doctor. Also, didn't detect any overt SJW or girl-power nonsense.

Interesting remark The Doctor made -- "Been a long time since I bought women's clothes"...meaning what? The Doctor has had a female form sometime in the distant past?

Will continue the watch. The cliffhanger was pretty lol.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
Interesting remark The Doctor made -- "Been a long time since I bought women's clothes"...meaning what? The Doctor has had a female form sometime in the distant past?

Maybe, but not necessarily, the TARDIS does have rooms full of women's clothes which presumably came from somewhere. I don't think any reason or motive was ever suggested for that, and it's a little surprising none of his female companions found that at all creepy ;p

Chris

Potato del Grande
I skipped the Capaldi run but decided to tune in for this premiere. Not bad, honestly. Definitely a different feel -- wasn't goofy like a lot of the Moffat shit. I think the actress did a great job channeling The Doctor. Also, didn't detect any overt SJW or girl-power nonsense.

Will continue the watch. The cliffhanger was pretty lol.
Second time they teased that the Doctor was female in the past (Capaldi did too but he said he wasn't sure). All the regenerations are accounted for though since the old lore said there was a 12 regeneration limit but a new set could be granted by the timelords (which happened when Matt Smith died).

This episode had a very clear reference to The Doctor having a family in the past so it's probably just a reference to that. He had a grandaughter in the 60s.

New theme is amazing. Synth themes are in after Stranger Things and they have probably the first ever synth TV theme available to them.

• 1Like