Doctor Who

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
WHAT IS WRONG WITH TIMEY WIMEY THINGS???????????????????!!!!!!!!
nothing. wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff was tennet. Matt smith did nothing of note other than look retarded.

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
OK here's my pitch for the next few seasons of Dr Who. Tennet is back, but not as the next doctor, as the Dr that he was (I can't remember the numbers). They pair him up with Martha Jones and they have some adventures from that part of his timeline. Bring in River too. It will give us, the fans, an opportunity to experience their relationship in the non-linear fashion that they themselves experienced it.

I mean, that's if it's tennet. I'd still rather have ayodale.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I would have bet good money that it was Smith. :eek:

Berenstein/Berenstain Bill Cosby/Bill Crosby
Tennant is a Davies Doctor. Smith was Moffat. Davies was hired to fix Chibnall's shitshow. i dont think Tennant is going to be the next doctor, if they bring him back in some convoluted manner, he's just there to boost ratings until they figure out what to do next. 60th anniversary they need a boost.

Cybsled

Smith was great - although Amy and Rory helped tremendously in that regard. They’re probably my favorite Doctor + companion grouping

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I would have bet good money that it was Smith. :eek:

Berenstein/Berenstain Bill Cosby/Bill Crosby

he did say it too in Day of the Doctor, but it was first used by Tennet in the best episode ever, the first weeping angels show (called either "Blink" or "Don't Blink").

Here's is smith using it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i guess interest in Doctor Who is waning so they keep pushing rumors to keep it in the news. the latest is the next Doctor could be Hugh Grant. Doctor Hugh? yeah ok.

• 1Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
i guess interest in Doctor Who is waning so they keep pushing rumors to keep it in the news. the latest is the next Doctor could be Hugh Grant. Doctor Hugh? yeah ok.
Yeah I see a new clickbait on this every few weeks.

Usually it's "Doctor Who actor says..." and it's someone who played a minor character in one episode talking about someone who worked with RTD.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm less bothered about the actor and more interested in how they're going to undo the fucking travesty of the last two seasons.

I thought giant murderous Bertie Basset candies was as low as the show could get back in the 80s but I was so very wrong.

the-happiness-patrol1.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
There's a new TV channel in the UK (Forces Tav) playing classic Dr Who repeats and I caught part of Genesis of the Daleks (which I saw a tape of as a child) and also the Tom Baker regeneration.

It's fucking terrible, so very very dated.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's a new TV channel in the UK (Forces Tav) playing classic Dr Who repeats and I caught part of Genesis of the Daleks (which I saw a tape of as a child) and also the Tom Baker regeneration.

Yeah, I picked up a free subscription to BritBox and really struggled to watch some of the old Who, even Tom Baker.

Although I can confirm Sapphire and Steel still confuses and terrifies me in equal measure.

EepALv2WoAA3ios.jpg

Cybsled

Couple years back Twitch was showing all the classic Doctor Who from the 60s through 80s.

Early Daleks were lol. Pushed off a boat and the thing falling apart mid fall, or people owning a Dalek with a metal pipe alone. Or getting hit by a crappy car and shattering

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i remember watching those Tom Baker episodes as a kid with my dad and we would laugh at the terrible production values of the sets and creatures. but we still watched them because Tom Baker was awesome to watch. Doctor Who has always been this way, the Doctor actor was the only redeeming quality and if his companion was cute. they only upped the budget after David Tennant became a massive hit and then the show entered mainstream popculture. before that it was just us nerds watching and trying to make it more than just a B grade TV show.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This looks like an extra scoop of shit on top of the shit sundae that Doctor Who has been lately.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
This looks like an extra scoop of дерьмо on top of the дерьмо sundae that Doctor Who has been lately.

It's weird as usual how the marketing/diversity shit is for the teenage girl demographic who have no interest in Sci-fi or History.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
i remember watching those Tom Baker episodes as a kid with my dad and we would laugh at the terrible production values of the sets and creatures. but we still watched them because Tom Baker was awesome to watch. Doctor Who has always been this way, the Doctor actor was the only redeeming quality and if his companion was cute. they only upped the budget after David Tennant became a massive hit and then the show entered mainstream popculture. before that it was just us nerds watching and trying to make it more than just a B grade TV show.
And then they killed it by putting a woke 50 year old woman in teenager clothes running around saying I am the dawktuh! I am the dawktuh!

• 1Solidarity

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I finally got to see the flux season. It was good. My only complaint is how compacted it was. They had a full season story arc packed into 6 episodes instead of whatever the normal number is. No filler episodes where you just get a hint at the overall season arc and explore an interesting idea instead. If you like chewie and wish he could speak english, then the lupari might become your new favorite race. I also like that they sort of took the angels back to their roots of sending you back in time and killing you by letting you live to death.

• 1Picard

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
And then they killed it by putting a woke 50 year old woman in teenager clothes running around saying I am the dawktuh! I am the dawktuh!

Jodie herself is pretty based. Where was the wokeness in the flux season? I must have missed it. the doctor being anti-war and not using guns is well established so you can't blame any of that on her. Hell, they even had a gun save the day when the one armed girl used one to escape from the passenger.

• 1Picard