Doctor Who

Fucker

Log Wizard
Jodie herself is pretty based. Where was the wokeness in the flux season? I must have missed it. the doctor being anti-war and not using guns is well established so you can't blame any of that on her. Hell, they even had a gun save the day when the one armed girl used one to escape from the passenger.
I bailed halfway through the second episode. Woke as in the show is woke. 900000000 companions of different colors who are only there because of their skin color and not to add to the story.

Let's also not forget they only put a woman as lead because she's a woman and not for anything related to telling stories.

The show being woke is a common complaint in the UK, and its dead viewing numbers are proof. People don't want to be preached at in a sci-fi show.

Their response to their critics was to double down on stupidity and drive even more eyeballs away.

Also, LMAO. The show lost two million viewers by the second episode. In a sane world, this would have gotten the show cancelled and everyone blacklisted from acting in anywhere but Rhodesia.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Let's also not forget they only put a woman as lead because she's a woman and not for anything related to telling stories.

The show being woke is a common complaint in the UK, and its dead viewing numbers are proof. People don't want to be preached at in a sci-fi show.
England is pretty conservative actually, I think that only 20 of the last 70 years have had a left wing government. We don't like this Woke American shit and push back is further along than it is in the US.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The Easter special was straight up garbage. Bad use of sets to convey 'outdoors', bad action, bad rubber masks, bad pacing... Just awful.

I am chuffed that they are bringing not only the Master but Ace and Tegan back for the regeneration / BBC Centenary special.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
The Easter special was straight up garbage. Bad use of sets to convey 'outdoors', bad action, bad rubber masks, bad pacing... Just awful.

I am chuffed that they are bringing not only the Master but Ace and Tegan back for the regeneration / BBC Centenary special.
Agreed that was yet more hot garbage. The male companion is a fantastic comedian and they are totally wasting him on that shitshow.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i heard they had a will she wont she moment on this episode and now the paki chick and the Doctor are snogging it up or something?

Rime

<Donor>
Ladies and Gentlemen, your new Doctor.

_124639028_gettyimages-1385052638.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Rustled

Chris

Potato del Grande
Ladies and Gentlemen, your new Doctor.

View attachment 411556
It's important to not let over the top woke shit turn us into the bigots they want us to be.

I will watch the first episode and give him a chance. He is young, in a popular Netflix show and seems to have done some Shakespeare. So he can act and appeal to a young audience.

Jodie Whittaker is not bad because she's female, she's bad because of her shitty attitude and bland soap opera writing. They could have made it work and didn't.

We know that there's a high chance of get woke go broke, but there's no point laughing at this until we see what they do with it.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have no idea who this guy is but neither did I know who Matt Smith was and he turned out to be half decent. As long as the writing is better I’ll give it a fair shot.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
It's important to not let over the top woke shit turn us in the bigots they want us to be.

We know that there's a high chance of get woke go broke, but there's no point laughing at this until we see what they do with it.
Ever wonder why your entire country is overrun with third worlder rape gangs?

I don't.

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
Ever wonder why your entire country is overrun with third worlder rape gangs?

I don't.
Because the opposition to immigration was "We don't want joggers here, they don't belong here, they are dirty and subhuman" which surprisingly wasn't a winning argument.

If instead the argument was about infrastructure and integration then there may have been a different outcome. The far right seem to be fairly low IQ and I'm aware that I'm talking to someone who denies the Holocaust yet hates Ukrainian Nazis.

Anyway it's the same concept here.

We can complain about the guys skin colour and convince nobody and not stop it, or we can complain about the shitty writing and racist storylines when it comes out and have a chance at it not happening again.

When I explain why I don't watch anymore I don't go "Eww woman are gross", I say that the writing and casting was shit and people always agree with me.

• 2Solidarity

Cybsled

As long as the writing is better I’ll give it a fair shot.

This is the big thing - you can be a great actor, but if the writers are shoveling shit and passing it off as story, there is only so much you can do

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is there a list of crew / creative members that are leaving, or is this another Kennedy or Star Trek situation?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Is there a list of crew / creative members that are leaving, or is this another Kennedy or Star Trek situation?
All of them allegedly.

Russel T Davies' production company is taking over instead of it being in house BBC.

RTD is hot off a successful show about gay men dying of AIDs in the 80s called "It's a Sin". I saw it and it was excellent. He is also responsible for the original Dr Who reboot and the Eccelston/Tennant seasons, so he knows what he is doing and is not a spent force creatively.

I'm optimistic. Hopefully the BBC diversity shit doesn't restrict him.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
More trash no one will watch.
I'm sure a black man time travelling through history will be welcomed with open arms wherever he goes. a black timelord who was born in Africa and not Britain.
i guess Globohomo strikes again.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
He's won the BAFTA for his role on Sex Education for Netflix and is a pretty damn good choice. Definitely has comedic chops but can turn on that dramatic bit as well when necessary. Definitely has a north accent but who knows what they'll use for the Doctor.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I'm sure a black man time travelling through history will be welcomed with open arms wherever he goes. a black timelord who was born in Africa and not Britain.
i guess Globohomo strikes again.
He won't even be the real time lord. He is just som Somalian who jacked the Tardis off the real dawktuh, and will fly around the universe stealing hubcaps off of assorted vehicles.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf