Doctor Who

Sevens

Log Wizard
I don't get the hate for Clara, but I also haven't seen much of her. I liked what I did see. I'm wondering if maybe the issue is less Clara and more the writer changeover. Was the writer changeover in Smith 2 or Smith 3? I feel like it was Smith 3 along with Clara showing up.

There's no denying that Clara is pretty hot, at least. She apparently turns women gay:

One time, one of my GFs just offhandedly mentioned how hot it'd be to have "passionate sex" with another girl while I was tied-up and forced to watch. I wish she'd never said that because for the rest of the year that we were together I basically had a boner the entire time, and she never actually followed-up on the idea of course.

Edit: The implication was that I wouldn't remain tied-up during the course of the event. If it were just that, that'd probably be rough. I sometimes wonder if she ever actually did that with later boyfriends, or if it was just a carrot to dangle without any actual payoff.
When she first appeared (where she had died and was living on a planet full of daleks...Asylum of the Daleks) she was pretty cool, but once she became the companion and was retconned into all of the Doctors old lives and shit it just became too much, she was the hero saving everyone by saving the doctor. I dont really remember all the specifics just that it bugged the high hell out of me....Girl power!

Cybsled

I didn't mind the "Impossible Girl" thing that much - It was somewhat interesting that her entire existence was somewhat of a paradox and she created thousands of "echo" versions of herself through out time.

I think one of the main issues is starting with Rose and ending with Clara, they kept pushing the "this companion literally helps save time & space by ascending to something beyond human", but with the exception of Donna, they did their thing in the 1st season of their appearance and then became more "normal". Normal Clara was just less interesting. I think post Girl Who Remembers Amy was still a good character because you had the whole interaction with Rory and family dynamic with The Doctor and of course the River Song stuff tying into all that

Rose - Bad Wolf
Donna - Doctor/Donna
Amy - Girl who Remembers
Clara - Impossible Girl

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I didnt hate Clara (Souffle Girl) at first, she grew more annoying as time wore on, i was always pissed off that they just ditched Amy so abruptly. like wtf?

Last edited:

velk

Trakanon Raider
Clara's storyline finished when she split up. If they had left that as an ending to the character it would have been perfect IMO.

Goatface

so apparently in last week's show they reconned how time works? and there is a hidden planet that makes and controls time.

1636653363515.png

blue guy is swarm/icon that consumes time and is rumored to be the doctor's dad

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
so apparently in last week's show they reconned how time works? and there is a hidden planet that makes and controls time.

View attachment 381748

blue guy is swarm/icon that consumes time and is rumored to be the doctor's dad
Yeah.... they retconned a lot of dumb shit with blonde doctors writing team, this doesn't surprise me any.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
After 5 of 6 parts of the Flux I still have no bloody idea what's going on. It feels like a JJ Abrams Mystery Box on steroids what with all the new characters and coy references to things that are literally impossible to know since they are technically foreshadowing.

This whole thing feels very last season of the 7th Doctor and not in a good way. At least during the 6th Doctor 'Trial of a Time Lord's the individual stories were semi-decent and only had the trial framing sequences to contend with. So far this has been one meandering plot that follows too many characters and lacks any of the self-contained adventure that Doctor Who is best at.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Well the 6 part series 'The Flux' has now concluded.

What a bunch of horseshit THAT was. Chinballs through plot after plot after plot into a pot and then once it started to boil over he decided to add more plot.

And none of it was good.

The only redeeming feature was the one episode where the Fugitive Doctor comes back, but the entire context of that story (not to mention the story as a whole) made no fucking sense.

I actually like Whitaker in the role, but you can only do so much when you are given page after page of stuff that makes no sense. In the end it all meant...nothing? I guess?

Well back to Daleks showing up for Xmas/New Years! I hope they give the 13th Doctor a decent story for the regeneration but I'm afraid it's gonna just be down hill from here till Davies gets back and starts the bilge pumps.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Well the 6 part series 'The Flux' has now concluded.

What a bunch of horseshit THAT was. Chinballs through plot after plot after plot into a pot and then once it started to boil over he decided to add more plot.

And none of it was good.

The only redeeming feature was the one episode where the Fugitive Doctor comes back, but the entire context of that story (not to mention the story as a whole) made no fucking sense.

I actually like Whitaker in the role, but you can only do so much when you are given page after page of stuff that makes no sense. In the end it all meant...nothing? I guess?

Well back to Daleks showing up for Xmas/New Years! I hope they give the 13th Doctor a decent story for the regeneration but I'm afraid it's gonna just be down hill from here till Davies gets back and starts the bilge pumps.
I told my wife that the season was over and I still had zero idea WTF was going on. I know next year is a new Doctor and a new showrunner. I'm giving it 1-2 episodes to make sense or I'm noping the fuck out. Life is too short for this shit.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I told my wife that the season was over and I still had zero idea WTF was going on. I know next year is a new Doctor and a new showrunner. I'm giving it 1-2 episodes to make sense or I'm noping the fuck out. Life is too short for this shit.
We should designate one person to watch it and tell the rest of us if it's worth it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
We should designate one person to watch it and tell the rest of us if it's worth it.
judging by their BBCAmerica ratings. more people watch Batwoman than this show. it may only be one person watching by the time the Davies Doctor Who starts.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I am a garbage tier Dr Who fan. I didn't even know we had a season, and it's already over? What the fuck man. Was it on BBC?

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
it was ...ok*. I watched it hoping doc slackjaw was gonna die.

*ok in that it actually made some sort of sense and had a logical beginning and an end.

But it was nothing special.