Doctor Who

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
how can she be "solid" if the story is shit? a "solid" actor can uplift a poor storyline. christ, the other Doctors have been doing it for 50 years. this was always a low budget show with a basic storyline so kids can follow along.

I can answer this. I found her Doctor (in the limited episodes I watched) to be engaging and different in many ways.
I found the actual writing to be not complemental of her style. Every actor is indeed different and can sometimes "lift" a weak story.
I thought the ones I observed did not play to her strengths.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I can answer this. I found her Doctor (in the limited episodes I watched) to be engaging and different in many ways.
I found the actual writing to be not complemental of her style. Every actor is indeed different and can sometimes "lift" a weak story.
I thought the ones I observed did not play to her strengths.
well alright, so what you're saying is that she was inneffective in her role as Doctor. i'm not taking away from her acting as ive seen her in other roles and she's fine, but here she was out of her depth and i wouldnt call that solid. miscasted is a better word.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just finished the episode.

What?!
It was nonsense, start to finish.

There were a bunch of cool visuals mixed with boring shit, bad acting and no coherent story bringing it all together.

Every good visual in the episode should have been given time to breathe in it's own stand alone episode, it was basically an entire cancelled series of story concepts all in one special.

It was worse than Rings of Power.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
It was nice that...

The brought back 5, 6, 7, 8 and New 1 along with Fugitive / 0.

Also fun that the group session at the end included Mel, Jo and Ian even though the last time we saw Mel she was in the future running off with Sabalom Glitz. Must have gotten a ride back somewhere along the way. I had no idea that William Russell was still alive... I mean talk about a throwback to the origin.

Chris

Potato del Grande
It was nice that...

The brought back 5, 6, 7, 8 and New 1 along with Fugitive / 0.

Also fun that the group session at the end included Mel, Jo and Ian even though the last time we saw Mel she was in the future running off with Sabalom Glitz. Must have gotten a ride back somewhere along the way. I had no idea that William Russell was still alive... I mean talk about a throwback to the origin.
Yeah, but it pissed me off that they wasted it on this Doctor and this episode.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I obviously liked the conclusion but everything that came before I gave zero fucks about. I won't miss baseless expectation of empathy for characters I really don't care about and even bringing back some of the old companions was a blatant, "You should feel nostalgia" moment. I don't know how they managed to get it so right with the Matt Smith/William Hurt/David Tennant episode and get it so awfully wrong with this series.

Well, shit writing I know but there should be some sort of gatekeeper on what they're allowed to put out.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The Chibnall era is going to be talked about for a long long time. Of all the things he did I'm most pleased with the Fugitive Doctor and sincerely do hope that we get a couple of specials or something down the road with Jo Martin really having a chance to show us all she's got.

I'm also rather enamored with the whole Cybermaster design motif.

Now we have to wait another year to see if Neil Patrick Harris knocks it out of the park as the Celestial Toymaker.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
The Chibnall era is going to be talked about for a long long time. Of all the things he did I'm most pleased with the Fugitive Doctor and sincerely do hope that we get a couple of specials or something down the road with Jo Martin really having a chance to show us all she's got.

I'm also rather enamored with the whole Cybermaster design motif.

Now we have to wait another year to see if Neil Patrick Harris knocks it out of the park as the Celestial Toymaker.
Doogie hasn't let us down in decades.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I was done with this show, but if it has NPH in it, I have to give it another shot. Do I need to put the current episodes on in the background to catch up or will I be fine just jumping in when he makes his appearances?

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
I grew up watching Dr. Who, and I loved it all the way up to this female Dr. I was done after her first or second episode. Glad to see they're finally replacing her, and I'll definitely give it another go with her gone.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
They asked both him and also the actress who played the 2nd Doctor companion Polly and both turned them down.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
In all the hubbub I forgot the rumor that Dr Who was moving to Disney+ for everywhere but the UK

Last edited:

Cybsled

Easier to access than BBC America. Even if you have cable, they always hid that in some higher channel tier

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's a real score if all the earlier episodes are on there. If you want to catch them in the UK you have to subscribe to BritBox.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
With Disney+ becoming the new home to new episodes of “Doctor Who” outside the UK, the series is reportedly set to get a budgetary and creative makeover.

The Telegraph reports that while showrunner Russell T Davies will retain the overall creative vision for the programme, Disney will give the show vast budgets well beyond the BBC’s means to allow for more cinematic production values and stars.

However, the actual figure amounts are “commercially sensitive” and haven’t been revealed. The series has grown a cult following despite limited budgets over the years and now is sounds like the Mouse House is planning to let it compete at blockbuster levels.

In addition, Disney will reportedly have a say in creative decisions for the show under the terms of the co-production deal made with the BBC whom will retain ultimate editorial control of future series – therefore, the tone and content won’t deviate dramatically from canon.

The public service broadcaster also retains intellectual property rights, so Disney will be unable to produce spin-offs of other material based on the concept.