Doctor Who

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
There was a line about how the planet had a law that forced the babies to be born but cut the budgets so they wouldn't be looked after. This is a common pro-abortion critisism of Republicans who are anti abortion and anti welfare.

Of course continuing the pro abortion argument would mean killing the babies in the pods and having cute babies everywhere doesn't really help either, so overall the episode feels more anti abortion though that's not intended.

They then had a line about how a nearby planet was a sanctuary planet that would take in refugees, but only if they arrived at the border, they wouldn't come get them.

So yeah... modern politics.

Aren't you a leftie? If they're being too obnoxious with the messaging for you, then I imagine they're really alienating viewers who aren't left-leaning.

Liberal-leaning riend of mine has been watching this entire series with his very conservative dad for many years now and they're up to Capaldi. I've been wondering when his dad is going to nope out on the show (i.e. when The Message starts being too heavy-handed too fast, given that they're watching several eps a week and it's going by quickly).

Chris

Potato del Grande
Aren't you a leftie? If they're being too obnoxious with the messaging for you, then I imagine they're really alienating viewers who aren't left-leaning.

Liberal-leaning riend of mine has been watching this entire series with his very conservative dad for many years now and they're up to Capaldi. I've been wondering when his dad is going to nope out on the show (i.e. when The Message starts being too heavy-handed too fast, given that they're watching several eps a week and it's going by quickly).
No I'm not a leftie. I agree with people here about 80% of things and even had my mind changed on a few things, but that 20% is bad for the echo chamber.

The main political disagreement is me being on America's side with the Ukraine War which is baffling to me.

Bald Brah

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The main political disagreement is me being on America's side with the Ukraine War which is baffling to me.
All the jewlensky lying, murdering coach redpill, all the biden burisma grifting, and this is surprising to you? How old are you? 12?

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Wow...

And I do mean wow. So let's think about this-- you have a show that allows for a complete "Tabula rasa." You can paint whatever you want into that blank canvas. You can explore any genre, any time, for as many episodes as you want. You have an extraordinary budget and score. And these are the decisions you make? Goblins? Babies (x2)?

I have not a hell of a lot of issues with the actor. He seems charismatic and to have a wide range. We know, from her filmography that the companion can do the same.

But once again- stupidity in the writing and concept murders the show.

It is really unforgivable. Can't blame the cast. Can blame RTD and everyone who allowed him to proceed with idiocy.

I still thik Peter Capaldi could have been the perfect doctor for a generation. But, once again, he is just an actor and not a writer.

Fuck the BBC or Disney or whoever allowed this murder and desecration.

Chris

Potato del Grande
All the jewlensky lying, murdering coach redpill, all the biden burisma grifting, and this is surprising to you? How old are you? 12?
Yeah people don't like it when you point to the bad of both sides, they want only the good of their side discussed and the bad waved away.

So here I am, apparently a leftist because I see the bad shit Putin does too, complaining about woke Doctor Who and this being a surprise somehow.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Yeah, it's the same kind of thing as the specials - the kid's show aspect has been dialed up from probably to a 9/10 instead of a 4/10. So a lot of the stuff is things that would be fun/funny for 8 year olds.

Really great kid's stuff doesn't insult your intelligence for watching - this is not the case here.
Yeah, that's my issue with the show. Far too child oriented. Writers need to understand that kids look up to and want to be adults. Older kids/young teens don't need ditzy characters or soft stories. They are fond of and fully capable of engaging with deep characters and stories that require thought. What these youngsters don't want are Ewoks and Jar Jar Binks because they find them shallow and uninteresting. The first two regular season shows is just...Jar Jar Binks in an Ewok costume being an idiot. I'm referring to the overall tone of the shows, not the new cast.

I am willing to give the show some runway as they develop the shows and the characters. We are only 3 shows in, and keep in mind I noped out of the last Dawktuh halfway through the first episode.

The new Doctor and his companion seem fine....hopefully they will be given something to work with instead of running around and gawping at things like idiots.

Cybsled

Yeah, that's my issue with the show. Far too child oriented

Doctor Who had the same dilemma that virtually all media has when it starts off as a "show for kids", then those kids grow up. Do you continue to try to court the original audience, or do you ignore them and primarily focus on trying to generate new audience (aka kids), or do you try to keep both?

Trying to keep both is difficult if your writers/producers aren't skilled enough. This show has gone on for so long that it has seesawed between both extremes quite a bit. They had a chance to sort of split the audience when they did Sarah Jane Adventures (which by all accounts was very successful and was more kid focused in tone), but then Elizabeth Sladen died. I think they originally had plans to do a Lady Vastra, Jenny, and Strax standalone show that presumably would have been more kid focused, but it never got off the ground.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Bald Brah

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think the homosexual show writer thinks he has enough clout to do whatever he wants, and what he really wants to do is indoctrinate kids by bombarding them with nonstop homosexuals and transvestites.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Doctor Who had the same dilemma that virtually all media has when it starts off as a "show for kids", then those kids grow up. Do you continue to try to court the original audience, or do you ignore them and primarily focus on trying to generate new audience (aka kids), or do you try to keep both?

Trying to keep both is difficult if your writers/producers aren't skilled enough. This show has gone on for so long that it has seesawed between both extremes quite a bit. They had a chance to sort of split the audience when they did Sarah Jane Adventures (which by all accounts was very successful and was more kid focused in tone), but then Elizabeth Sladen died. I think they originally had plans to do a Lady Vastra, Jenny, and Strax standalone show that presumably would have been more kid focused, but it never got off the ground.
Doctor Who solved this already. a decade ago.

there is no excuse why they cant do it again with somebody else like Donna or Clara (since the Sarah Jane actress died). instead they completely ruin their fucking flagship show with this nonsense. BBC deserves everything that happens to them.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
never watched an episode of this show and sometimes tempted but then i see stuff like this lol

GNZ4wbrW8AAT9bk.jpg

is a gay jogger the new doc lololol

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
is a gay jogger the new doc lololol
I also saw a clip where the stupid cunts are tearing into David Tennant because of how worthless "male presenting doctors" are or some shit. Like just the most in your face unapologetic misandry from the writers.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Screenshot 2024-05-13 093256.png

Article doesn't appear to have been well received.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
New Doc isn't as bad as slack jaw lady doc. I'll watch a few more. That music tranny was scary , I thought the gays only presented themselves as good/happy people? Anyhow good news is Disney + isn't getting a dime from me.

BTW Guys, I watched lady doc in a BBC show called Time , she played a mother that was put in jail for bad checks and she CAN act, and act well. I guess she had fuck all to work with as the doctor.

• 1Like

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Ironically, it is having a ripple effect on me. I am watching some select Peter Capaldi episodes. Just finished "Mummy on the Orient Express." So Disney is propping up my Amazon Prime membership, indirectly and without financial ties (that I am aware of anyway). I had to pay $0.87 to watch that one.

I never thought I would long for these Capaldi episodes, but some were pretty darn well-produced, written, and fun. Stephen Moffat is a respectable writer (when he isn't too self-referential). But what remains watchable is the result of a residuum of many years. So, it is entirely possible that one day these new episodes will be watchable!

Hahaha - no. I was kidding about that last sentence. No one will ever re-watch the baby episode. Ever.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The fact that any of you is watching this shit is absolutely baffling.
yeah, i dont know what the ever living fuck is wrong with the people here. that Bette Midler monster is nightmare fuel. not the kind you want to stick around and watch either. thats a 100% channel changer on the remote, nightmare fuel.

• 1Worf
  • 1Edgelord
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users