Doctor Who

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
He gives birth to himself via homo erotic mitosis with each half having half the clothes,

Wait, is that why the new dr was pantsless? I guess that would make sense, but tennet wasn't shirtless during the game of catch, was he? I can't find any screen grabs of the game at the moment.

Not that I liked the new Dr's legs, but I was hoping that would remain his official uniform for the lulz. Anyway, he seemed like a good actor in what we saw of him so far, so I'm in. He's no Ayodele, but he's also no Capaldi.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Wait, is that why the new dr was pantsless? I guess that would make sense, but tennet wasn't shirtless during the game of catch, was he? I can't find any screen grabs of the game at the moment.

Not that I liked the new Dr's legs, but I was hoping that would remain his official uniform for the lulz. Anyway, he seemed like a good actor in what we saw of him so far, so I'm in. He's no Ayodele, but he's also no Capaldi.
He was wearing two shirts.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
So Ruby Sunday is an orphan that gets left at the Church on Ruby Road as an infant? So then I suppose we are meant to wonder just who she is?

Chris

Potato del Grande
So Ruby Sunday is an orphan that gets left at the Church on Ruby Road as an infant? So then I suppose we are meant to wonder just who she is?
I bet she's the key to everything!

That's Moffat's schtick though.

Chris

Potato del Grande
New companion has huge tits for her body size, can't stop staring at them. Looks like I'm watching this.

Episode was OK.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
New companion has huge tits for her body size, can't stop staring at them. Looks like I'm watching this.

Episode was OK.
Which 'her' are you referring to? The diversity reTARDIS has turned everyone on that show into a rainbow of genders and identities.

Cybsled

Episode made me think the writers were given a synopsis of the movie Labyrinth and then got confused

I know they’re trying to make “mystery girl” again as a companion theme. I bet Ruby is the “mother” that drops off the baby to satisfy a timeloop. Her DNA test coming up with no matches for relatives might be another hint on her origins - maybe distant past or distant future.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Episode made me think the writers were given a synopsis of the movie Labyrinth and then got confused

I know they’re trying to make “mystery girl” again as a companion theme. I bet Ruby is the “mother” that drops off the baby to satisfy a timeloop. Her DNA test coming up with no matches for relatives might be another hint on her origins - maybe distant past or distant future.
It's probably that next door neighbour who is weird at the end.

She's hateful at the start and blamed Abdul for the TARDIS being on the pavement.

At the end she's happy and knows what a TARDIS is.

Explanation is that she is Ruby's mother and saw The Doctor save Ruby. The Doctor sees her walking away both before and after the action scene, nobody is that slow and inattentive lol.

In the original timeline she doesn't recognise the TARDIS. But after the time travel, she does and is happy to see the man who saved her daughter and maybe even pieced together that Ruby is her daughter.

Big coincidence living next door to your abandoned daughter though? The goblins were feeding off that coincidence, it all fits.

worst rated doctor debut. this show is done.
It was a good first episode, it established the tone for the soft reboot and was action packed.

It's just woke tainted, but RTD doing gay stuff predates woke, he earned his spot, he isn't a diversity hire.

It's better than the previous debuts I think, other than Eccleston's. Matt Smith had a decent debut but this one had better villians.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
It's probably that next door neighbour who is weird at the end.

At first I thought she was another old companion who had maybe parted on bad terms or had forgotten about the Dr (she made a comment that she'd hoped to never see another call box again). But I looked her up and other than playing an alien a few years back, that actress hasn't been in Dr Who before. I'm leaning towards an old nemesis like the master or valeyard or any of the dozens I don't remember because the toymaker hinted at another that he would not play games with. But I cannot explain why she didn't recognize the tardis at first. Perhaps it was forgetfullness at first, then when she saw it in action, she was shocked and dropped her bags. That could have been when she realized it and got very happy.

Your theory is sound but I think davies usually goes bigger than that. She could also be related to amy Pond and River song with a name like Flood.

Fucker

Log Wizard
It's fine. new Doc is fine, I'm loving Jenna Coleman 2.0. I made it to the end and wasn't anoyed. I couldn't handle more than 10 minutes of JW before I turned that Doc off for good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user