Doctor Who

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Typical Moffat. I haven't read the spoiler boards but so far two people have told me there is a ton of spoilers and Easter eggs in that little clip with Gomez. She's wearing a vortex manipulator on her left wrist was probably the easiest one I missed. And I didn't catch the whole symbolism with an apple a day keeps the doctor away.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
Started watching Bad Education after looking at the cast work of another show and Michelle Gomez is in the 1st season as a main character and a guest in the 2nd season

She plays a deputy head of school (assistant principal) with a love for fascist dictators and leaders

Chris

Potato del Grande
Watch "Green Wing" (similar to scrubs but better), she literally plays the same character as The Master in that.

Saban_sl

shitlord
Finally got around to watching the christmas special. I hope the rumors that Shona might be a returning character turn out to be true.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Well, we definitely need some more recurring characters and just.. depth to Capaldi's doctor. I re-watched Journey's End the other day, the Tennant episode with the meta crisis doctor, 'Doctor Donna' and the whole Davros/Dalek reality bomb thing. I felt more emotional impact re-watching that episode for the 5th or 6th time then I have with any of Capaldi's run so far. Just the scenes with the other characters, not even the Doctor, you actually felt something for them.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
all the episodes from donna teaming up to the impossible astronaut are dr who gold. i have watched those at least 4 times and they are still awesome.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Capaldi's season feels like a total standalone where they don't have an outline to weave in details for future arcs and such. Not sure if they plan to do that going forward or keep shooting from the hip.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
The blonde chick that dancing up a storm at the start.
I have a theory she was the next companion. Moffat stated the new companion (like many others) was to be entirely different than any the Doctor had before: She was going to be a junkie. Just my 2cp

Chris

Potato del Grande
I have a theory she was the next companion. Moffat stated the new companion (like many others) was to be entirely different than any the Doctor had before: She was going to be a junkie. Just my 2cp
They already had white trash with Rose. Unless they mean actually white trash IRL and not english Britney Spears clone like Billie Piper was (yeah she was a pop singer).

Good catch though, I thought that the emphasis on that character was odd.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Lol that was actually pretty good. Forgot a chav saved the Universe already.

Saban_sl

shitlord
I just like the idea of a normal companion who doesnt have some grand destiny or some other nonsense. Just a perfectly normal person who ends up with the doctor. Alot like Rose before the whole Bad Wolf thing.

If by path you are talking about the episode turn left, then that happens as a response to her already being with the doctor. It's all timey wimey. She does do the doctordonna thing near the end of her run but that was a one shot sort of thing and not her destiny. She's pretty much the most normal companion the doctor has had. No romantic feelings or she is so special moments. She travels with the doctor because it's fun, and purely for that reason.

Every Single main companion has been at some point. She's just the least out there and isn't always put in to those plot situations. Let's just say she's no bad wolf, or the impossible girl.

Saban_sl

shitlord
Yeah, in terms of being a person shes clearly about as normal as you get.

I liked the Shona character so i hope she does turn up again.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
what was so special about martha jones? she was just a normal doctor in a hospital until it got hijacked onto the moon. she was never a "chosen one" otherwise. in fact she was so normal she had to be saved many times.