Doctor Who

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
No, he got them off the aliens in that episode. Was designed to fix them so they could keep fighting, etc.. it was a little deus ex machina, as it makes very little sense that an immortal warrior race would be scared of anything really, but whatever.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
No, he got them off the aliens in that episode. Was designed to fix them so they could keep fighting, etc.. it was a little deus ex machina, as it makes very little sense that an immortal warrior race would be scared of anything really, but whatever.
If I remember, the doctor modified two chips, she got one in her head and the other to give to someone. Second got wasted on the thief dude. The original chips in the helmets wouldn't last forever until he modified them.

Interesting episode tonight. Only tear I shed was for Clara's rack. Was looking good.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Is it just me or is Arya's acting very subpar on this show? This entire episode felt like she was... I dunno... Trying too hard? Overacting? It just felt awkward.

Edit: Scratch that this entire episode just felt awkward as hell. I felt like I didn't know what the hell was going on half the time. And if this really is the end for Clara what a crock of shit. Longest running companion's end because of a miscalculation trying to save some one-episode side plot character nobody even remembers?

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Pissed off Capaldi Doctor would work so well....I wish they would explore that more.

This weeks episode was average for me, no real show about the end.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I hope so too. And if the rumors are true about the finale, we might get just that.

Regarding Masie, I've only ever seen her in GoT, but she seems to be the same character more less.

And on Clara, not a lot of emotion from me. At this point I was ready for her go. She got was a lot of fans wanted: a companion death.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
She's 18 but only 5' 1", I don't think she's going to get any older looking than she is now so her character types will be rather limited. Still doing a decent job given her role in DW.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Pissed off Capaldi Doctor would work so well....I wish they would explore that more.
Just fucking this. Pissed off Doctor season please, you have the perfect actor for this. Why did their hire Capaldi if not for him to do this?

Ganthorn

N00b
I also felt like this was a wasted story line for when the doctor needs to regenerate. Have him take the hit for his companion or someone else.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Yea, this death felt a bit contrived. Even at the end of the episode, I still figured she wasn't dead somehow. Wasn't until I googled it and found this really was her last episode.

I want to second (third?) wanting a pissed off Capaldi Doctor. Smith and Tennant had some of their best moments when they were angry, and I think Capaldi would do an even better job. They really need to let the vengeance take over for him, but from the preview of next episode it sounds like we may start to get that.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Any guesses on the enemy? The Master seems a little obvious.

Just fucking this. Pissed off Doctor season please, you have the perfect actor for this. Why did their hire Capaldi if not for him to do this?
I think a lot of us have wanted Malcolm Tucker, but after this ep I'm not so sure.

They butchered Clara. I don't like her, I didn't like Adric, but holy fuck the feels.... And hearing the Doctor say there's no more Doctor and I'm going to kill you and everyone you love was probably a bit much. Clara wasn't exactly all that important compared to losing your entire damn race, and 2/3rds of your Companions. She aint special.

But wish granted it would appear...

Steven Moffett talked about the final two-parter of season 9 with Doctor Who Magazine and said "Episode 11 pushes the Doctor to the brink of madness, and Episode 12 is what happens next. If the Doctor has lost his moral compass, if he's being selfish, if you really, really hacked him off, if you really got him angry and gave him nothing to fight for.. what would you end up with?

That's the 'hellbent' of the title. An angry, off-the-rails Doctor."

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
that was a fucking shitty way of killing off a companion who has been around for so long. forget that clara sucks, its all about respect. amy pond got a goddamn tearjerker and as a result all stops were pulled, the best new villains, riversong and still they brought her back for the 50th anniv epi. what does clara get? death by shitty video game crow in a second rate Diagon Alley. thats fucking bullshit. they should have had The Doctor kill her by accident when she was in the dalek module allowing her character to come full circle, at least we could have had a whole season of pissed off doctor.

and yes her rack was looking quite good.
tongue.png

Malkav

French Madman
lol, I didn't even know it was her last episode. Just assumed the Doctor would find a way to bring her back or something.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
It looked good.. for being completely covered in a sweater ffs. At least Amy Pond wore some short skirts every so often..

Northerner

N00b
Fuck. Just got around to seeing it and even though the killing-off was long overdue, pretty weak way to do it. I really expected a Dr. save even at the end there (hug=transfer?) or something.

Clara dead from Dalek impersonation would have been a million times more interesting both for her arc and for the Doctor's.

Nice tits though.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think thats how she was originally supposed to die, but they decided she was key to future episodes or they wanted the season opener to not be a huge downer. i mean it is a kid's show still and it probably would depress children all over britain having to watch capaldi mourn his BFF for 10 episodes. still i think it was the way to go. having the Doctor murder a companion impersonating as a dalek that was set up by The Master in a Davros episode is the kind of way you would want to go out in a DW episode.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Doctor never would have recovered from it really. He'd blame himself as much as Missy, and then we'd have an angst-y emo Doctor all season.
If someone else was the one to pull the trigger however, that might have dovetailed nicely into an angry Doctor.