Doctor Who

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah this.

First half of Matt Smith had issues with the overarching storylines being nonsense but the force of the actors carried it. It started to suck in the second half because Clara was written too obnoxious and the stories and continuity got worse.

Peter Capaldi is a great actor but the stories got really shitty, even a great actress like Missy/Michelle Gomez couldn't save her own stories being dogshit.

Bill was the start of the SJW takeover at the BBC and was horrific. They even had a double master story with a companion death and regeneration which on paper is awesome, but it devolved into nonsense as usual.

The showrunner Moffat just had a limited number of ideas which he used up as writer in the Eccleston/Tennant era, he is bit of a fraud as showrunner too.

So now after we have a full SJW cast and writers and there's no saving it without a break and a reboot. This is the late 80s all over again. The next Doctor may be an improvement (as Sylvester McCoy was over Colin Baker) but the ratings will fall and cancellation approach.
my only hope at this point is when BBC goes private, they drop all the woke shit and just give people what they want and stop catering to the same ten weirdos on twitter.

Goatface

my only hope at this point is when BBC goes private, they drop all the woke shit and just give people what they want and stop catering to the same ten weirdos on twitter.
not going to happen, they hired the weirdos on twitter

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Yeah this.

First half of Matt Smith had issues with the overarching storylines being nonsense but the force of the actors carried it. It started to suck in the second half because Clara was written too obnoxious and the stories and continuity got worse.

Peter Capaldi is a great actor but the stories got really shitty, even a great actress like Missy/Michelle Gomez couldn't save her own stories being dogshit.

Bill was the start of the SJW takeover at the BBC and was horrific. They even had a double master story with a companion death and regeneration which on paper is awesome, but it devolved into nonsense as usual.

The showrunner Moffat just had a limited number of ideas which he used up as writer in the Eccleston/Tennant era, he is bit of a fraud as showrunner too.

So now after we have a full SJW cast and writers and there's no saving it without a break and a reboot. This is the late 80s all over again. The next Doctor may be an improvement (as Sylvester McCoy was over Colin Baker) but the ratings will fall and cancellation approach.
Tom Baker will always and forever be the Best Doctor. But Tennant was an amazingly good actor and owned the role.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I liked Eccleston more than Smith.
Eccelston was the right amount of over the top and warlike to be great. though he got stuck with the fart monsters episode. which was embarrassing and probably contributed to him telling the show to fuck off after one season.

like really, you got the creepy ww2 kid episode, jack harkness and they run out of good monsters in just the first season?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Eccelston was the right amount of over the top and warlike to be great. though he got stuck with the fart monsters episode. which was embarrassing and probably contributed to him telling the show to fuck off after one season.
Eccleston said that they basically miscast him. Apparently he wasn't pitched such a light hearted Doctor and that he was insecure about how he was fulfilling the role. Apparently that and some other shit caused a falling out between Eccleston, Davies, and the other producers.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Eccleston said that they basically miscast him. Apparently he wasn't pitched such a light hearted Doctor and that he was insecure about how he was fulfilling the role. Apparently that and some other shit caused a falling out between Eccleston, Davies, and the other producers.
i dunno if it was just good acting, but he seemed really pissed off at the shit he was forced to deal with on some episodes.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1610147149709.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Rustled

Goatface

i don't care for the the guy one way or the other, but his managers should tell them to fuk off, if his managers brings the offer to him, he should be fire them.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This is a time travel show, would all of the next seasons be alien worlds or would they lean extra hard into preaching about race relations throughout history?

• 1Worf

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
This is a time travel show, would all of the next seasons be alien worlds or would they lean extra hard into preaching about race relations throughout history?

Gee, I can't figure out which is more likely. It's anyone's guess. There's probably no one on the board who has an opinion on it either. It's literally a coin flip.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
John barrowman was always assaulting his female co stars with his dick. They said that literally in any scene where you only see faces, his dick is probably out. He'd come up to them in the makeup chair and lay his dick on their face. That kinda stuff. But he's gay so everyone laughed it off.

I love Capt Jack and all of the barrowman characters that I've ever seen. But he needs to lay low so he doesn't get buttfucked with those stories they've been telling at conventions for years.

• 1Like