Does nearly everyone under 24 seem autistic to you?

Does nearly everyone under 24 seem autistic to you?

• Yes

Votes: 109 65.3%
  • No

Votes: 58 34.7%

• Total voters

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers. -Socrates
there is no way he said that.....

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

khorum

Murder Apologist
Socrates was talking about orgies and binge-drinking and footsies at the temple of Athena.

He would've happily chugged nightshade sooner if he knew all his work would eventually lead to this:

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Everyone is autistic. The spectrum needs to be extended further back; I don't think anyone is 100% autism-free. I think if you're really mild (aka considered not autistic) you were taught to bury that shit growing up, while kids today have their mild outbursts embraced and often coddled. In the past I think the heavily autistic ended up in monasteries and shit like that. You can totally find examples in historical texts like dudes eating grass and what the fuck.

TL;DR all you fuckers are autistic. Suck it up.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
To fill in all the new joiners to the site, Mist is a 30 something lesbian who lives at home with her morbidly obese mother and thinks WiFi signals give you brain cancer. And she's here calling the younger generation autists.

This is the kind of compelling Internet action you'll only find here, folks.

• 11Like
Reactions: 10 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Mist, will you please keep us updated on each time you get a new cat. Once you reach 30 you can stop updating us.

Thanks!

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Socrates was talking about orgies and binge-drinking and footsies at the temple of Athena.

He would've happily chugged nightshade sooner if he knew all his work would eventually lead to this:

Wat in the ACTUAL FUCK did i just watch?!?!

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
"You wake up and meet a spergy, you met a spergy. You wake up and meet spergies all day, YOU'RE the spergy."
One of my favorite ancient Chinese proverbs.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Aren't hipsters those hand moisturizing tools that try desperately to look like rugged manly men?
I'm not sure any more. The term hipsters has been ruined by people like me calling everyone who annoys me a hipster.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
I'm not sure any more. The term hipsters has been ruined by people like me calling everyone who annoys me a hipster.
Maybe its a bunch of hipsters who decided it wasn't enough for them so they went and turned it up to 11.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
No. It's just their platform has changed. If anything the fucking millennials are the most socially engaged generation we've seen yet. It's that you don't really see it unless you're as immersed in Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat as they are.

There was a study on how Tinder was supposedly changing hookup culture but it turns out it was just facilitating a hookup culture that had been emerging already.

Yeah, still. From an academic perspective I've also even made the argument that kids-these-days actually read more than their parents ever fathomed, it's just they're reading shit their parents don't understand and don't value, so don't notice or think it counts, like texts, stuff online, ebooks, etc. While true in a vacuum, it's not a net positive across the generation, and especially not between generations.

There's something to be said for bridging generations, and I think that's what's lacking more than ever with the younger generation. Growing up when social media and texting and computers and shit was new meant we still had a connection, whether we liked it or not, to the older way of doing things. A lot of kids now are so disconnected from anyone but each other and technology-based media they look like retards in your typical mixed generational social setting. Or worse, in the workplace where you have to actually teach them to interact with people in a non-aspie way and massage their feelings when it comes to approaching strangers, or reassure them everything will be okay when they have to actually punch in a phone number to make a call.

Kids are like puppies. Yeah, some happen to turn out okay without much effort, but most you really need to socialize them or they'll end up a spazz.

• 1Like

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
I have 4 guys that work under me that are sub 25. None of them are what I would call "autistic." The only issue I have is that these guys are totally clueless about the world. It seems like they literally only went to college to learn how to pass a test. They also cannot take stress well at all. The first time trouble starts they run for the hills. That's the most frustrating thing I am seeing these days.

• 1Like

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
stop being a fucking old shit. Everyone is autistic and always has been.

Every generation says the thing about the generation behind them. But yeah, millennials, I don't understand them, they can hardly be motivated to walk and chew gum at the same time.

OK, I sound like my Dad.

• 1Like

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
We've got 23 year old summer associates in the office right now. Haha. I keep having to remind myself how dumb I probably seemed at 23. These are goddamn children.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The end of society, the rise of the beautiful ones.

(Partially tongue in cheek, but also maybe not.)

There's a reason mice are used to often in all sorts of medical and psychological research.

The species that existed around the time the Dinosaurs died out, which eventually evolved into homo sapiens, was very similar to mice and squirrels and other rodents in most respects we figure.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I have 4 guys that work under me that are sub 25. None of them are what I would call "autistic." The only issue I have is that these guys are totally clueless about the world. It seems like they literally only went to college to learn how to pass a test. They also cannot take stress well at all. The first time trouble starts they run for the hills. That's the most frustrating thing I am seeing these days.

Clueless about the world but good at passing tests and are so bad at handling stress they flee? That's pretty autistic.

• 1Like