Dominion on SyFy (old thread deleted)

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well the first episode was decent enough. Honestly I liked the first episode more than the movie it was based off of. Not the highest praise but I will give it a few episodes see what they can do with it.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Only going to be 7 episodes this season?
Seems that might be a good length if they keep it focused on a single storyline

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
This was way better than I expected. The weakest parts of the show were the same ones I thought looked shitty in the trailer, namely the Powers angel. Even though everything but the wings was probably an actual costume, he looked stiff and "fake." Honestly, most of the actors were pretty well matched with their roles. I'm not a big fan of the main Chosen One character, but he isn't terrible. His girlfriend is hot, and seemed decent enough. Little girl...eh, other than looking like a 60-year old woman put in a little girl's body, tolerable I guess. Slimy guy, check. Old warhorse, check. MILF banging Michael, super duper penis salute check. Michael sort of bothered me at first, but he grew on me over the course of the episode, and now I think he sort of fits the aloof, alien-like lack of empathy he's supposed to portray. I like him for the role, upon further consideration.

I will be looking forward to more of these, as this far surpassed my expectations for a terrible Syfy show.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Dune is one of my favorite books, so this really is clicking with me and feels very Duneish with the tons of religion and houses. The whole MGM Grand and Caesars palace being their symbols is sorta weird with this only being 25 years in the future.

Main girl looked familiar... she was on GoT

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
i caught the pilot, liked it.

bets on the chosen one being um1/4th angel......ie the grandson of michael..

Qhue

Trump's Staff
They tossed in that whole "accidental pregnancy" bit at the front when Michael was fucking his way through a night, so I'm guessing the kid is the offspring of either Michael or Gabriel.

More detail into what exactly they know about God 'leaving' would be nice. I do like the whole notion that what we call Demons are just naughty lesser angels.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Much better than I thought it would be. I remember the source material, Legion, being decent as well for supernatural fare. It's good to see Giles although the way they're building him up he'll be a bad guy soon enough. And his black suit wearing, hair gelled back spawn.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Que:

beginning yes they mention the accidental pregnancy/sex stuff with michael, however, i don't think Gabriel is in the mix for being the father/grandfather.... when the "chosen one" is revealed, Michael said that he had the tattoo's before Jeb.....which is why i think he is michael's grandchild tattoo's michael to jeb to whatever his name was the person to beware is apparently giles's (why do we still call him Giles from Buffy?) son

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
They tossed in that whole "accidental pregnancy" bit at the front when Michael was fucking his way through a night, so I'm guessing the kid is the offspring of either Michael or Gabriel.

More detail into what exactly they know about God 'leaving' would be nice. I do like the whole notion that what we call Demons are just naughty lesser angels.
Everything is better with nephilim I guess.

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Much higher quality then I was expecting from Syfy, will definitely give it a few more episodes. It's been a while since there was something I liked produced by the channel.

Cybsled

Main girl looked familiar... she was on GoT
Ya, she became more familiar tonight when she got naked lol. Dat ass. Some interesting twists in the 2nd episode, including that wtf scene at the end.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I haven't read this thread yet as I don't want to be spoiled, but I will chime in and say...

First episode was pretty frackin' cool! I'm about to watch the 2nd episode, I hope they don't slow the pace down. Hoping for the best!

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm actually a big fan of the council woman that was banging Michael in the first episode, Becca I believe her name was.

I liked the scene where Gabriel had the sword to Michael's throat, saying he should kill him right there, and Michael quickly turned the tables on him. I wanted him to say something along the lines of, "Do you know who the fuck I AM? I'm motherfucking Michael, you know, Sword of God, warrior angel, all that good shit? Yeah, you have no idea who you're fucking with, bitch." But that's just me!

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Maybe I missed it but how could angels be hiding in the city and Michael not be able to sense their presence?

Cybsled

Maybe his sex orgies in that tower dampen his ability to sense nearby angels? ;p