Doom: Eternal

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I'm not reacting to that. I'm reacting because ANY time someone posts something, you repeat the same thing you've said with different words. We get it, you want to boycott the game. Sober up and rant about something new.

Drunk gaming doesn't start until Friday :) I'm sober as a Priest on Saturday (Sunday is when they get to drink all the wine)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
To be fair here Doom: Eternal and FF VII were two of the releases I was really looking forward to.

But they shit in my cereal with the FF VII episodic crock of shit and Bethesda has already pissed me off about Doom. Doom has locked levels behind the deluxe edition paywall. Along with retarded doom guy skins.

That stuff is in the game right now. It will not be surprising in the slightest if they fag it up further with MTX and shit like that too.
They said day 1 that FF7 was episodic. I don't know why people never got that

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
I agree, it's a FUCKING retarded design choice. I don't give a fuck if it helps me determine resources need. You'll pick it up anyways. Bunch of fucking tards.

Yeah but the twitter soyboys defence force like their Neon.
Hopefully there is an option to tone down that shit, also i'm not super fan of parkour gameplay in Doom. 100% out of place.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
They said day 1 that FF7 was episodic. I don't know why people never got that

Well, here is the deal on that. And Caveat Emp too along with it - but SE is being shady about it. They state Episode 1 for $59.99 but every single game up to this point with episodic content has someone paying full price for the game up front and the episodes come later. Which I think everyone would be fine with. It's paying $59.99 PER EPISODE for a remake of a full game in which they aren't even communicating how many episodes there will be in which people have problems.

The first is the market condition and expectation for episodic content - and they aren't being forthright in ANY ads via their purchasing process via Amazon, Gamesopt, whatever else, they they are deviating from that and charging full price for each episode. If they did that, and were forthright in communication of "This is our plan, expect to pay this for the entire remake" and be up and coming about it, it's still bullshit but at least they aren't trying to use a market condition to fuck the consumer into thinking something else and playing coy about futures.

Although that isn't for this particular thread, it sets a HORRID new concept if it takes off. Bethesda turning TES 6 into episodic and paying $400 to get the full game from start to finish. And don't think every publisher in the world wouldn't follow suit if SE pulls this off and people are gullible enough to fall for it.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Does Doom Eternal add daily quests for tokens!

Hugely positive soyboy reviews!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather

ZqTJvyZ.gif

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The news was made by Doom Eternal creative director Hugo Martin, replying to a comment on Facebook, of all places. Here’s what he had to say about the prospect of an MTX store or for-sale cosmetics in the game:​
“No store. Nothing you can unlock in Eternal with XP has anything to do with player abilities or content that would impact your game in any way. The only thing you can unlock with XP is COSMETICS. These cosmetics have no impact on how you play, they just look cool. Eternal is a $60 game, not a free to play game or mobile game – we are giving you a complete experience with no store just like you’d expect. Unlocking skins with XP is a part of the experience if you care about that stuff or you can completely ignore it and it will have no impact on your experience AT ALL and it’s all free.”

My skepticism remains fully intact.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That is an extremely odd way of phrasing it...

Are they naming their MTX Currency XP? If so, that is some filthy filthy shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
That is an extremely odd way of phrasing it...

Are they naming their MTX Currency XP? If so, that is some filthy filthy shit.
Sounds very assassins creedish. XP boosters inc for sure.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So there is no MTX store just an XP store. But you need to buy boosts to earn XP faster than you would without it so you can use it in the free store... But they're not MTX because you aren't buying skins directly.

That's what I am understanding here.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, and this Hugo Martin is putting his name and reputation on the line with a statement like that. He works for a lying company, but he now might come away from this project himself as a liar.

But, if he is telling the truth and the game is good... I will be happy to pay for it.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
^^ Agreed. But there is ZERO chance this doesn't have MTX's. Christ they already confirmed it did with XP boosts in another fucking article. Their entire baseline gaas model for this thing is based around it.

This could VERY well be some Bethesda scheming shit right here.

So yeah, XP buys things in the "Store". Buy XP Boosts to get more XP - they control the amount of XP in the game - making it grindy as hell just like a mobile game.

And there ya have it. (This is some SLEEZY shit right here)

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Look at how the dude is phrasing the XP store. It doesn't make sense unless your'e intentionally trying to avoid saying its MTX while also not overtly lying about it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Look at how the dude is phrasing the XP store. It doesn't make sense unless your'e intentionally trying to avoid saying its MTX while also not overtly lying about it.
Look at how the flag is flapping in the wind on the moon

... And other conspiracy theories

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
to directly quote the very first thing he said, "No store."

and 2 sentences later, "we are giving you a complete experience with no store just like you'd expect"

not sure how you read that as "there is a mtx store"

I get it, bethesda is the donald trump of videogames but you guys are fucking weird

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'll bold what I think is relevant

No store. Nothing you can unlock in Eternal with XP has anything to do with player abilities or content that would impact your game in any way. The only thing you can unlock with XP is COSMETICS. These cosmetics have no impact on how you play, they just look cool. Eternal is a $60 game, not a free to play game or mobile game – we are giving you a complete experience with no store just like you’d expect. Unlocking skins with XP is a part of the experience if you care about that stuff or you can completely ignore it and it will have no impact on your experience AT ALL and it’s all free.”

Again I'm wondering where we can buy xp boosts