Doom: Eternal

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I don't know where you got any of this from at all, they said snapmap isn't making a return. It's not even running on the same engine, let alone the fact that snapmap ran off of the multiplayer version of Doom which was a completely seperate game with a completely seperate dev team (saber). Which is why it felt so fucking wonky. There was an interview when the game was first announced where they said modding is probable in the future with the way they built id tech 7, especially with megatextures being gone, but it likely won't be anytime near launch.

Depending on the quality of the additions to the campaign, I'm fine with paying 5$ for more official basically expansion content just like I was for the Witcher, or Dark Souls. I know Bethesda are full of cucks but they mostly only stick to ruining their own games.

They've completely said several times snapmap isn't in the game, or even in the engine, which I'm bummed about - but you're just making shit up saying they're going to add it later for muh money.

Oh bull fucking shit. They didn’t pour resources into it because they said themselves they want to charge for DLC, not let players make it. The backside is Bethesda trying to incorporate the upcoming tool (because I guarantee you it’s coming) to function for both single player and multiplayer maps but need time to incorporate it into their creation engine fuck scam.

Just why do you think this thing got delayed the same time they are also instituting private server subscriptions for Fallout 76 - because they are tooling it for that as well. Hence the delay.

You WILL see snap announced post release with,

“We realize how much you love this tool so we are announcing its return! Please subscribe to this and private servers for 9.99 a month!”

Quit believing what you read in the gaming press. Especially when every news gaming sites came out with the damn same “Spent three hours with doom and it’s better than the original” bullshit across 89 sponsored “previews”.

At least you aren’t defending FF7 remake.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

Anyone else really turned off by all the neon colours in the UI and in the environments? It really clashes with the theme of the game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
Someone somewhere said the reason they're like that is actually the suit itself scanning over the items to let you know what they are. So there's a "reason" but it's a weird reason.

I don't mind the UI much but some of the world spawn items are goofy to me for sure lol

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just wait and see. Watch or read a review of someone you really trust before you give them any money. Bethesda has earned every ounce of skepticism you can muster.

If you are still pre-ordering games in this day and age, you are ruining this industry and a big part of the reason the rest of us get bad games.

• 2Like
  • 2Truth!
  • 1Ding!
Reactions: 4 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Just wait and see. Watch or read a review of someone you really trust before you give them any money. Bethesda has earned every ounce of skepticism you can muster.

If you are still pre-ordering games in this day and age, you are ruining this industry and a big part of the reason the rest of us get bad games.

I can't wait to see what Bethesda locks behind paywalls in that "Doom Base."

And you know what? I would LOVE that concept. Being able to play through levels to unlock a ton of things in a base would be fun and mysterious to see what's in there, but I trust Bethesda about as much as I think Todd Howard is the bastion of Gaming Consumer Ethics - so the first thing I think of, instead of thinking that sounds like fun, is how grindy they are going to make that to the point they want to force people to an MTX Store to purchase the unlocks instead. (Which hold your advanced weapons)

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This guy goes into detail about the faggy Spaceship Cathedral Hub. It's not like a US Army spaceship its some magical space castle called the Doom Fortress...

lol

He also goes into detail about the multiple upgrade and unlock systems in place.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
This guy goes into detail about the faggy Spaceship Cathedral Hub. It's not like a US Army spaceship its some magical space castle called the Doom Fortress...

lol

He also goes into detail about the multiple upgrade and unlock systems in place.

See now, I love this kind of stuff. But The MTX system in place for this will be fucking ridiculous. If I can earn my base unlocks in a reasonable amount of time that isn't grinding the ever living shit out of it trying to bait me into going to their store for a "short cut", this would be fun as hell for me. But it's Bethesda. This will be a MTX bait and switch.

• 1EyeRoll

xzi

Mouthbreather
I love that you increasingly make more shit up as the thread goes on

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

donomito

Blackwing Lair Raider

Anyone else really turned off by all the neon colours in the UI and in the environments? It really clashes with the theme of the game.
I agree, it's a FUCKING retarded design choice. I don't give a fuck if it helps me determine resources need. You'll pick it up anyways. Bunch of fucking tards.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Can't wait until the private details of everyone that preordered get leaked.

At least they'll get a plastic bag and a bottle with cancer to compensate them. Along with .03 Doom coppers, so after throwing in 49.97$ they can order the blue suit.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I love that you increasingly make more shit up as the thread goes on

I love the fact you don’t know some of this has been leaked already. Chapter lists, MTX power ups and boosts to purchase for pay to win, massive grind for unlockable weapons in your base with Ubisoft style bypasses for 5-30 Buck’s, there is a battle pass already set up which carries boosts for demons... This is common for Bethesda so no one should be shocked.

This isn’t counting the other shit they have planned with private servers and similar shit they pulled with fallout 76.

Last edited:
  • 1EyeRoll

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Can't wait to torrent this and then leave it on disk for months and never play it, because they had to shit it up with something that annoys me to no end. Just like Borderlands3...

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Link please

Going to spoiler this link.

This was BEFORE the delay. The delay was to work on MTX systems for the base. A lot of this other shit is going to come out during launch time - Bethesda is shutting everyone down trying to talk about it right now. Bethesda is PURE shit. People need to know this. (If they do not already)

Rent, Borrow, Pirate. ANYTHING but giving these cock-suckers any money. Basically from what I have heard, the last delay was to incorporate a heavier grind to drive people to the MTX store to buy unlocks with RMT, and finishing the work on the DLC levels (Which will launch in quick succession) so they can add Snapmap to the Bethesda Mod for Pay scam they have going on and charge for those maps this time around. (Battle pass, and also a subscription for Private servers ala FO76)

Bethesda is FUCKING with everything. Not necessarily ID's fault, but Bethesda owns them wholly so its nothing but a name at this point and the legacy guys at ID can't do a thing about it and are pissed as fuck all.

• 1EyeRoll

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Oh, to add, ID said themselves the game was complete 6 weeks before the deadline which allowed them plenty of time for QA and a day one patch. Bethesda PR spun that one too.

Doom Eternal was complete by the time its delay was announced, just six weeks before it was due to hit shop shelves.

So you tell me Tarisk Tarisk because I'm at a loss - 6 weeks is PLENTY of time for contracted QA and a day one patch to meet a deadline. You care to tell me when a dev house needs another 5 fucking months? I'll clue you in. NEVER. Do the math.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
wccftech and 4chan are not reliable sources. And not that you're necessarily wrong in your criticisms and skepticism, but you are clearly grinding an axe.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
To be fair here Doom: Eternal and FF VII were two of the releases I was really looking forward to.

But they shit in my cereal with the FF VII episodic crock of shit and Bethesda has already pissed me off about Doom. Doom has locked levels behind the deluxe edition paywall. Along with retarded doom guy skins.

That stuff is in the game right now. It will not be surprising in the slightest if they fag it up further with MTX and shit like that too.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
wccftech and 4chan are not reliable sources. And not that you're necessarily wrong in your criticisms and skepticism, but you are clearly grinding an axe.

Against Bethesda?: Yes no doubt. That 4 chan leak was the same leak that was deleted (By Bethesda) and had to be thrown on a second site, and also comes from the same person that leaked Doom Eternal to begin with with internal development shots. It's a trusted source regardless of web link it was delivered on.

And yeah, I do have a bias against Bethesda. They are complete crooks. Look what happened to FO76? It would take me a month to write out all the bullet points.

The matter at hand though is It doesn't take 5 months to QA a game that was already queued for Gold and was already deep in QA to begin with with multiple 3rd party contractors as they already had the day one patch 50% complete.

The REALLY big sad part about this? They must have had some financial success with the FO76 subscription in charging for private servers. Otherwise they wouldn't have delayed this to add all this in and that's fucking ridiculous if people are actually paying for that BS.

Also, Bethesda LOVES creation. They just got away with charging to mods - some of which even QA the game for them! (Skyrim unofficial patch which did more post game support than all of Bethesda could have done in 5 years) and they are eating this shit up. Its on the docket to do the same with Snapmap. This is the path they have chosen. From a business perspective if people are stupid enough to pay for that and drag us down further into this pit of gaas bullshit that is emerging, one cannot blame them for keeping it up - but that doesn't mean it is ethical or right, and the buck stops and starts with us so if we can all just keep our wallets in our pants, maybe we can get back to SOME semblance of normalcy in this industry.

Now THIS I do nto know for sure entirely, but I would bet the added grind to this game is what Bethesda ordered based on MTX history with Blades on Mobile - push the envelope as FAR as you can without getting any backlash. It's the same thing Ubi did with Odyssey until they patched out that system when the sales dried up and they could save face a bit. The same thing Warner did with Shadows of War - it's a repeating but emerging pattern here which everyone can see. Treat MTX as a 3-6 month window of opportunity, and when the money stops rolling in, patch it out, apologize, and be the hero. Rinse and repeat for the next game.

Last edited:

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Oh, to add, ID said themselves the game was complete 6 weeks before the deadline which allowed them plenty of time for QA and a day one patch. Bethesda PR spun that one too.

So you tell me Tarisk Tarisk because I'm at a loss - 6 weeks is PLENTY of time for contracted QA and a day one patch to meet a deadline. You care to tell me when a dev house needs another 5 fucking months? I'll clue you in. NEVER. Do the math.

I'm not reacting to that. I'm reacting because ANY time someone posts something, you repeat the same thing you've said with different words. We get it, you want to boycott the game. Sober up and rant about something new.