Doom: Eternal

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
What exec thought that spot was good? What "untapped" audience are they expecting to get with rap shit?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
What exec thought that spot was good? What "untapped" audience are they expecting to get with rap shit?

Completely out of touch liberals in Bethesda's marketing department.

• 4Like
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Those fixes fucking sucked. Call me Bethesda Marketing. Rather the guy who made this video.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just use the first track off this and call it a day...

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Considering how talented Mike Gordon was in making this album and the first doom game soundtrack. Y'all do him a disservice by not letting his work be in the ads for the game when that shit is all you'll be hearing as you blast demons.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Caliane

Those fixes fucking sucked. Call me Bethesda Marketing. Rather the guy who made this video.

to be fair, the "fixes" were making fun of the bad music.

And, while at it. I think you could a Doom trailer or score a Doom game with Synthwave. That'd work.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Considering how talented Mike Gordon was in making this album and the first doom game soundtrack. Y'all do him a disservice by not letting his work be in the ads for the game when that shit is all you'll be hearing as you blast demons.
Yeah, they have a full new album of awesome shit, and a full album from the prior game and they used none of it. I bought the Doom 2016 album. It's mind bottling how disconnected they are from their own product.

• 1Like

Caliane

In fact, I'll take it a step further.

Doom is cyberpunk. And instead of this gothic angel shit, they should have taken it further in THAT direction, ala Shadowrun. If we see Earth in this game, it needs to look like its right out of Shadowrun/cyberpunk 2177.

make a DOOM with this vibe.

• 2Seriously?
  • 1Barf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah, they have a full new album of awesome shit, and a full album from the prior game and they used none of it. I bought the Doom 2016 album. It's mind bottling how disconnected they are from their own product.

They're really not though. This is literally the first time they didn't use Mick Gordon in the trailers. They're just making as much tv spots as possible. Yes it's hilarious but like.. there's another 15 commercials with the actual doom music in it. Who cares?

• 1Like

Caliane

They're really not though. This is literally the first time they didn't use Mick Gordon in the trailers. They're just making as much tv spots as possible. Yes it's hilarious but like.. there's another 15 commercials with the actual doom music in it. Who cares?
doom 2016's tv spot was not Mick Gordon either.

Refused- New Noise was used.
which according to the comments was also used in Cyperpunk 2077. SEE!

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
We can all agree at least that rap is the second most retarded choice they could have made, with only country music beating it out

Edit: On second thought... country would be better.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
We can all agree at least that rap is the second most retarded choice they could have made, with only country music beating it out

Edit: On second thought... country would be better.

Both ideas are complete shit. The edit with Thin Lizzy was far better, regardless.

• 1EyeRoll

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist

20200226_122224.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 7 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
That rap trailer...I've never lost a boner so fast.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users