Doom: Eternal

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Also.. I'm like 90% certain that doomguy is actually doomguy from Doom 3.. which actually Heaven being mad at their apocalypse being stopped directly ties into the Doom 3 novels. They said they want to expand the Doom lore with eternal which I'm honestly so stoked about.

taken from twitter:

2V9BJ5H.jpg
Why even take the from behind shot? They show his face through the helmet.
Capture.JPG

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Doom Lore?

Angry Marine in armour with a shotgun murders hordes of demons.

The end.

There's your lore.

The best part of Doom 2016 is how there actually IS a story going on in the game. Doom Guy just doesn't give a shit about it at all and actively ignores it. Radio message from someone? Stops listening mid sentence and smashes the screen.

• 4Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 6 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
The best part of Doom 2016 is how there actually IS a story going on in the game. Doom Guy just doesn't give a shit about it at all and actively ignores it. Radio message from someone? Stops listening mid sentence and smashes the screen.

There's also a very significant amount of lore in all the data entry stuff (which gets more and more.. corrupt-y? as the game progresses) but literally everybody ignores it. Rightfully so, it's Doom I just wanna blast some shit. But my point is it exists lmao

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
be warned....

do not type Doom Tranny in google images...

View attachment 243566

Looks like a cross between Pete Hines and Todd Howard as they watch to see if anyone actually buys the first 15% of the FF7 remake at full price, anticipating what they might be able to follow suit with with all their products.

xzi

Mouthbreather
wasn't sure how Mick Gordon could fuckin top BFG Division but this song goes pretty god damn hard

• 4Like
  • 2Weird Boner
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Fantastic podcast with my boi Hugo talking about Doom Eternal (and a bit about 2016) and it's seriously increasing my hype on this game. I love this dude.

One of the big things he mentioned I haven't really seen anywhere is that they spent a lot of time making it so arenas aren't going to be the only compelling part of the game again, they need to make everything between the arenas just as if not more compelling than the rest of the game. Which is fantastic because while Doom 2016 is my favorite FPS I've ever played, it definitely did get a little stale by the end of the game just moving from gore nest to gore nest basically lol.

game is gonna be off the fucking chain

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Fantastic podcast with my boi Hugo talking about Doom Eternal (and a bit about 2016) and it's seriously increasing my hype on this game. I love this dude.

One of the big things he mentioned I haven't really seen anywhere is that they spent a lot of time making it so arenas aren't going to be the only compelling part of the game again, they need to make everything between the arenas just as if not more compelling than the rest of the game. Which is fantastic because while Doom 2016 is my favorite FPS I've ever played, it definitely did get a little stale by the end of the game just moving from gore nest to gore nest basically lol.

game is gonna be off the fucking chain

Can you make a podcast on Bethesda and their antics and why we should give these bastards any of our cash?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
All this is cool and all but Doom: Eternal, despite my undying love for Doom 2016, will not be getting a single red cent from me. Bethesda deluxe edition only bonus levels and that garbage can go fuck itself.

Five torrent discount for me.

• 2Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
You shouldn't give them any of your cash, just steal it. But id is the only company under the bethesda branch that have any clue what they're doing and I'm going to choose to buy it for that reason.

In a world of publishers you pick your battles or you just literally don't play videogames. Indie games get old after a while, and half of them are owned by tencent anyways. Literally can't win.

It's more quake-like, but go buy DUSK and get your fill of juicy fps games from that instead. or Wrath: Aeon of Ruin (pretty much what quake 2 should've been).

• 2Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
You shouldn't give them any of your cash, just steal it. But id is the only company under the bethesda branch that have any clue what they're doing and I'm going to choose to buy it for that reason.

In a world of publishers you pick your battles or you just literally don't play videogames. Indie games get old after a while, and half of them are owned by tencent anyways. Literally can't win.

It's more quake-like, but go buy DUSK and get your fill of juicy fps games from that instead. or Wrath: Aeon of Ruin (pretty much what quake 2 should've been).

Gamefly rentals work wonders for sticking it to the publisher and still playing their game, or yeah, pirate the living crap out of it. Which is what I think we should all do with ANY bethesda game going forward. Zenimax Media fully owns ID Software as brand recognition only, and all the good people are LONG gone. It's a name now, similar to Bioware.

For the record here, I wouldn't have a problem supporting a developer who is 3rd party publishing with a crap publisher (Although if it was Warner Brothers I would be wary of their heavy handed MTX decisions and forcing that upon their developer) but ZM and Bethesda and anything they own will quite literally never get another red cent from me, and they shouldn't from anyone else either when it comes to the shit they are pulling in the market - and the sooner that wallet dries up, the sooner it stops.

Pirate - Or Rent.

Oh, they also removed Snapmap and are charging for that in future DLC.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
be warned....

View attachment 243566
That's from Event Horizon. That movie will fuck you up if you watch it at 2am, in the woods, with only one other person, in a house with giant windows and no curtains/blinds peering out into said woods.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
be warned....

View attachment 243566

1579334224291.png

It blew my mind last year when I finally realized that these guys are probably inspired by Event Horizon. Also noticed that these, the aneuk, and the sex-gimp ukuns are all missing eyes. Jesus Christ.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like