Doom Patrol

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I am catching up on this show now. This is very different but I like it. Jane is hot. Canceling the show just makes it easier for me to cancel HBO MAX once Last of us is finished. There is really nothing coming out this year that interests me.

Succession S4 is going to be craaaaaaaaazy

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Sucks to hear about the cancellation. At least we'll get a full last season. But I saw this coming, as some have mentioned we have reached "Peak Super Hero Media" and are now in decline on it.

And as much as I hate to admit it, IP like Doom Patrol is the esoteric fringe comic book stuff. The kind of thing that only gets made when they're looking for ANYTHING with a comic book source material to make a show/movie about. At least we got what I considered some really good seasons out of it.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Sucks to hear about the cancellation. At least we'll get a full last season. But I saw this coming, as some have mentioned we have reached "Peak Super Hero Media" and are now in decline on it.

And as much as I hate to admit it, IP like Doom Patrol is the esoteric fringe comic book stuff. The kind of thing that only gets made when they're looking for ANYTHING with a comic book source material to make a show/movie about. At least we got what I considered some really good seasons out of it.
Eh, not sure it is superhero burnout more than this is all more victims of the DC reshuffle with Gunn. Gunn is supposed to announce a bunch of DC shit soon. With the TV shows and even animated stuff all being one universe like the MCU is.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Eh, not sure it is superhero burnout more than this is all more victims of the DC reshuffle with Gunn. Gunn is supposed to announce a bunch of DC shit soon. With the TV shows and even animated stuff all being one universe like the MCU is.
I think it's SuperHero burnout. Look at the decline is success Marvel is starting to see. Movies in this last "phase" of the MCU in no way outdid the phase ending with Endgame and Infinity War. And they all know it. Some will claim that it's "Oh they went woke!" but in reality they've mined a lot of good content, and are starting to reach for things. Gunn coming in at Warner/DC is them hoping a "shake things up and it will reinvigorate the drying shrub and get us one more season of good fruit from it" IMHO.

I think we're about to go back to seeing 2-3 superhero based movies a decade that are worth anything, and the occasional super hero TV show that lasts 1 or maybe 2 seasons.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mean MCU has been shit since infinity wars movie wise. Even Thor wasn't good. I think they hit power creep. Imo they probably should've rebooted after End Game with a fantastic 4/xmen universe.

Loki was good but again with the power creep and multiverse. Other then Loki nothing has grabbed me, and the she hulk and the little Arab girl were just a waste of everyone's time and money. She hulk should've just been a side character in a new hulk buy they gotta hit their quotas

Last edited:

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Some will claim that it's "Oh they went woke!" but in reality they've mined a lot of good content, and are starting to reach for things.
Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Late to this party but semi binged it over the past week or so. In the middle of s4 now. Yeah there's a bit too much diversity nonsense, but the shit is overall fun as fuck. Weird and quite amusing at times. I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Reminds me of Venture Bros. actually. Never read the comic so can't pontificate on how well it does on that angle. But it's still pretty solid.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Late to this party but semi binged it over the past week or so. In the middle of s4 now. Yeah there's a bit too much diversity nonsense, but the shit is overall fun as fuck. Weird and quite amusing at times. I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Reminds me of Venture Bros. actually. Never read the comic so can't pontificate on how well it does on that angle. But it's still pretty solid.
Honestly, they're sticking pretty solidly to the level of "queer/diverse" that the Morrison Doom Patrol run in the comics was. But in his case it almost always furthered the story instead of being there for social awareness points. Danny was just as queer in the comics, for instance. This has been a series where their "wokeness" hasn't detracted much from it, IMHO. Which is rare these days.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Damn, last season was short :(. I was ready for more, but I can appreciate the finale.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Finally we get the last half of the final season. Starts back up October 12.

• 2Like

Animosity

First 2 episodes of the last half of season 4 are finally out.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Finale was today. Good send off to a good and weird show.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

bolok

Trakanon Raider
That last episode was more bittersweet than I was prepared for. Good wrap up for the show though.

• 2Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Something I didn't notice until this very last episode.

The number of scenes where Larry is supposed to be eating or drinking something, but it cuts away instead of showing him consuming anything through his bandages 😹

Any other show it would be a plot hole but this show it's just more charm. Definitely gonna miss this series. Anyone avoiding it fearing the Big Gay Agenda is doing themselves a disservice.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Anyone avoiding it fearing the Big Gay Agenda is doing themselves a disservice.
This is a good show but you're seriously downplaying just how gay it is with this statement.

It is by far the gayest superhero show I've ever seen. Its still got its great moments, don't get me wrong. But your comment makes it sound like its not that gay. Its super, super, super gay. I wouldnt say I'm avoiding it for that reason, but it definitely wears on me after a few episodes and I have to put it down for a while. And it goes without saying, its not a show to share with any younger superhero fans.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This is a good show but you're seriously downplaying just how gay it is with this statement.

It is by far the gayest superhero show I've ever seen. Its still got its great moments, don't get me wrong. But your comment makes it sound like its not that gay. Its super, super, super gay. I wouldnt say I'm avoiding it for that reason, but it definitely wears on me after a few episodes and I have to put it down for a while. And it goes without saying, its not a show to share with any younger superhero fans.
Ive gotta agree. I enjoyed the show up to a point, but that episode a season or two ago where the house is just one big fag safe haven, and then the breakout musical song with it. I just turned it off and watched something else. This "gay love" and "black people are cool" schtick has been going on for far too fucking long in MSM and Im just over it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not DENYING there's a gay agenda in this show lol, just saying that its actually a really awesome show past that. You're all strong minded and not going to get brainwashed. Great show about powerful fucked up people owning their own guilt ultimately, and the finale cemented that very hard.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Well, the source material (Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol run) had a lot of queer aspects in it. They played a bit of it heavier in the adaptation, but not over the top and not making any really massive changes outside of I think they created the fact that Larry Trainor was gay, I don't recall that being the case in the comics, but I might need to go back and re-read.