Doom Patrol

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I cant belive this got renewed, i love the show but its such a small group of people it would appeal to. Little ove half way through season 2 and its been really good.

The special effects are great for not having a massive budget. The practical effects and cgi really work well together so big props to who all is behind that. I think cyborg effects are the worst but hes such a better character in this than the Snyder movies

The actress playing Crazy Jane ... Girl is beautiful
Jane is definitely pretty. For some reason, I really like the show and the low budget shit doesnt really phase me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Michelle Gomez was a casting coup, especially for the role she is in.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
So watching season 3 now.... I know they had to jack around with putting the S2 finale into the beginning of S3, but that seemed awfully anti-climactic/awkward of a way to wrap up S2....

Aside from that enjoying it so far, 4 episodes in. But I will admit it doesn't have a punch season 1 had, which I think is mostly missing an Alan Tudyk level Mr Nobody bad guy. THey're cooking up Dada obviously this season, and I hope as per the comics that means Nobody's return is nigh....

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
How many episodes this season? Waiting for it to be over so I can just binge. Watching Titans weekly has been sucky.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
How many episodes this season? Waiting for it to be over so I can just binge. Watching Titans weekly has been sucky.
10, and we are 6 episodes in so far.

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
OK, I'm getting a bit tired of them needing to keep hamfisting the "But Vic.. WE'RE BLACK, LOOK AT HOW THEY TREAT BLACK PEOPLE!" crap. I would hope that at some point Vic tells his father that he has his own path and it's not going to be beholden to racist concepts, but that's probably too much to dream for. This has been my favorite non-comic iteration of Cyborg so far, but I feel they're desperately trying to ruin that for me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
OK, I'm getting a bit tired of them needing to keep hamfisting the "But Vic.. WE'RE BLACK, LOOK AT HOW THEY TREAT BLACK PEOPLE!" crap. I would hope that at some point Vic tells his father that he has his own path and it's not going to be beholden to racist concepts, but that's probably too much to dream for. This has been my favorite non-comic iteration of Cyborg so far, but I feel they're desperately trying to ruin that for me.
They did this in the most recent season of Titans too. It just felt so unnecessary and forced.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Even when that shit is done well, its still just doesnt fit in so many forms of media. All I ever do is sit there and roll my eyes at the shit and hope and pray that they move on sooner rather than later.
annoyed-robert-downey-jr.gif

I'm not the biggest fan of this most recent season - just seems directionless at times, in a bad way.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Even when that shit is done well, its still just doesnt fit in so many forms of media. All I ever do is sit there and roll my eyes at the shit and hope and pray that they move on sooner rather than later.
annoyed-robert-downey-jr.gif

I'm not the biggest fan of this most recent season - just seems directionless at times, in a bad way.

I will agree it has seemed far less purposeful this season. Like they wanted to take a season off and "just have them work on their own shit". Admittedly though that's keeping with the spirit of Dada from the comics to some degree. It's just not translating well to a format where people expect an overarching season arc with individual interesting episodes.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
So... Early December for season 4... finally...

And as for the teaser.. I have no words...

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
First 2 episodes drop in the morning. Looks like there will be 6 episodes and then a break before the last 6 episodes.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wife and I just started watching this, on season 1 episode 11. Really enjoying this!!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I watched the first two episodes. I think this is my favorite dc show.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am catching up on this show now. This is very different but I like it. Jane is hot. Canceling the show just makes it easier for me to cancel HBO MAX once Last of us is finished. There is really nothing coming out this year that interests me.