Doom Patrol

Haus

<Silver Donator>
The butts are loose!!

This show is fantastic. I really cant stand Cyborg though. The actor(s) and character is just so dull. Even in the comics from what Ive read. DC just forcing him down our throats to say "Hey we have an Ironman too!!"

When I look at Doom Patrol Cyborg, and then look at DCEU cinematic Cyborg, Doom Patrol Cyborg is so far preferred it feels unfair to the crybaby who just got fired from the job in the movies. heh

• 6Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 6 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
How the fuck did I miss this show

It's perfect

tenor.gif

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
When I look at Doom Patrol Cyborg, and then look at DCEU cinematic Cyborg, Doom Patrol Cyborg is so far preferred it feels unfair to the crybaby who just got fired from the job in the movies. heh
Cyborg has always been a crap character. This show made him actually good.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Cyborg has always been a crap character. This show made him actually good.
I will have to add something now...

Now that I have seen the Snyder cut my opinion of Ray Fisher as Cyborg is different. The character has FAR more depth and feeling to him in the Snyder cut. He actually wasn't a grating unbearable little cunt, just a bit broody. Still not as good as Doom Patrol Cyborg.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I keep telling everyone about this show, and no one will watch it. Im like if you love the Boys you will love this!
It's essentially... Take the Boys, Turn the weird knob up to 11, snap the weird knob off... start using it to manually stimulate your nipples. OK, that's Doom Patrol.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Animosity

It's essentially... Take the Boys, Turn the weird knob up to 11, snap the weird knob off... start using it to manually stimulate your nipples. OK, that's Doom Patrol.
Haha ya I said its The Boys crossed with Umbrella Academy essentially.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Reminds me way more of The Tick than anything else really.

It's that unique kind of like "everything is completely nonsense all the time but played completely straight" that makes it really endearing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
I don't know how I missed this. Decent enough watch.

Jane is a good looking cat.

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Looks like they diving into the Dada storyline... this will either be brilliant of utter crap. I see no way of an "in between" with this.

For reference to exactly how weird that will get : Brotherhood of Dada - Wikipedia

Although IMHO to do Dada right they need Nobody back, which means getting Alan Tudyk back on board.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I thought this got cancelled? Sweet if it didn't.

• 1Garbage

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I thought this got cancelled? Sweet if it didn't.
Covid screwed up the filming of season 2, and there were apparently delays. If I heard right the first two episodes of this season will really be what should have been the last two episodes of last season.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Yea it was just delayed. Season 3 back in September! Awesome show.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Almost finished with S01 of this. I'm glad I was bored and out of shit to watch, because this show is fucking great. Like somebody said, it's like The Boys with a heavy dose of total weirdness.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So has anyone watched an episode yet? Im waiting till theres a bunch of episodes, but curious.

• 1Garbage

Animosity

They dropped the first 3 and then it looks like 1 per week after. I watched the first 3 and they were pretty good. The third episode brings in the Sandman universe.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Homsar

I cant belive this got renewed, i love the show but its such a small group of people it would appeal to. Little ove half way through season 2 and its been really good.

The special effects are great for not having a massive budget. The practical effects and cgi really work well together so big props to who all is behind that. I think cyborg effects are the worst but hes such a better character in this than the Snyder movies

The actress playing Crazy Jane ... Girl is beautiful

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users