Doom Patrol

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Well with this week they helped dispell one of my fears. An entire episode without Tudyk, which I feared would be a drop off, and I still thoroughly enjoyed it. Especially the Black Flag choice in the soundtrack.

Someone has found a way to rip the stream for people who don't have DC Streaming, right?

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Black Flag? I heard Dead Kennedys during the appropriate fight. Which was fucking brilliant :D

And yes, if people choose to go that route.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Black Flag? I heard Dead Kennedys during the appropriate fight. Which was fucking brilliant :D

And yes, if people choose to go that route.

You're right, I stand corrected. My 70-80's music mind must be slipping in my advancing age.

It was "Nazi Punks Fuck Off" as I recall.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Yep your spoiler is correct :)

All good! Check out Deadly Class for some great 80's sound tracking as well :)

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Even though I feel like I'm coming in here for my weekly discussion of this with maybe one other person ... I am back to shill some more!

They brought Mark Sheppard in on this episode and he was great, although feeling a bit typecast. 2 Parter. This series still has no right to be this good and I wish they would put it out on a service that had more actual people to watch it... sheesh.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
It's definitely embracing the "This is where Weird shit happens" angle. Often with little to no explanation... i.e. a ghostly blue talking horse head with a railroad spike in it.

velk

Trakanon Raider
They brought Mark Sheppard in on this episode and he was great, although feeling a bit typecast. 2 Parter. This series still has no right to be this good and I wish they would put it out on a service that had more actual people to watch it... sheesh.

Clearly his instructions were : 'What you did in supernatural ? yeah that'.

He made a good point though - 'No-one is going to explain any of this to me are they', lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Just caught up on the last two episodes. Before I commented to my wife "Episodes without Mr Nobody so far are definitely when things slump a little..."

ANd BAM.. with the meta reference in like his second sentence in the episodes. heh This show gets me, and that attack he orchestrated is how I would have also done it.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Hahaha, the end of this last episode was great. This show is awesome.

• 1Solidarity

Qhue

Trump's Staff
When they said they were doing a Doom Patrol series I never imagined they would be relying on the Grant Morrison version for inspiration. So crazy and yet so damn good.

I guess this is what you do when you have even less network intereference than you get from CW

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, the worst thing about the show is that it's on an obscure streaming service so it's impossible to get normal folks to check it out.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hahaha, the end of this last episode was great. This show is awesome.
The ending was the best part by far. The pace needs to go a little faster but it's still very entertaining. Still can't believe this is one of the best versions of cyborg they've put out and his costume is complete shit

Haus

<Silver Donator>
The cyborg costume I can appreciate because it was a desire to go for as many practical effects as they could to reduce the CGI budget for the show. And if keeping the show cheap keeps it on the air I am perfectly okay. In general I also like this version of cyborg better than any other version I've seen.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
That last episode was hot SJW garbage.

I don't know about that.... Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus felt somewhat the same way. But I look at it like this.

The Doom Patrol in this incarnation seems to be the straight up embodiment of "When the going gets weird, the weird go pro". So having the Department of Normalcy show up makes sense on that front as a foil for them with Mr Nobody being the enemy on the other end of the spectrum.

As for Danny, it would make sense that the weird sentient teleporting street would accumulate others it found as weird, so the "outcast" thing works. Maybe explicitly making it "genderqueer" was a shade heavy handed as what gender would a street "normally" have?? Other than that, it gave us at least incremental character growth/development for Negative Man in starting to get that he's weird/different, and that more importantly, that's OK. Which should be one of the underpinnings of him really working with his stowaway better.

Jane storyline worked, and also got the same "moment of almost normalcy" for Cliff.

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Where is this personality of crazy Jane?

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Haha.

Soldier: "General, the butts are loose."
General: "I understand. God be with you. Ladies and gentleman it's been an honor." *Blows brains out"

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Haha.

Soldier: "General, the butts are loose."
General: "I understand. God be with you. Ladies and gentleman it's been an honor." *Blows brains out"

That scene was glorious..... The Vic story line is kinda messed up though.

• 1Like