Doom Patrol

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This show really is way better than you would expect. Given the trailer looks like some shit from the CW. But its on a dark corner of the streaming services like nobody has.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
This show really is way better than you would expect. Given the trailer looks like some shit from the CW. But its on a dark corner of the streaming services like nobody has.

You're right. I fear this show will perish not because of itself, but because it's in the no man's land of streaming services. I'm half hoping DC decides to fold it's streaming service and wait for the overall WB one to happen. Then in the meantime it can license it's original content through a more mainstream service.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
DC needs to get out of the bed they have been shitting and laying in, swallow their pride, extend their hand to Netflix, and make that deal happen.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Netflix/WB to counter Disney/Marvel would make my nipples quite turgid.

They don't need to. AT&T Warner is starting a streaming service and DC already has a separate one. I am actually wondering what Netflix is gonna do when everyone it licenses movies and shit from has their own service. I mean Netflix Originals are spotty at best, they can't believe they'll actually hang on.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
And it will be AT&T/Warner v. Disney/Marvel/Hulu , Nexflix gets kinda left out of that dance.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
The more they split the streaming market like this the more likely people will revert to piracy.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
You're right. I fear this show will perish not because of itself, but because it's in the no man's land of streaming services. I'm half hoping DC decides to fold it's streaming service and wait for the overall WB one to happen. Then in the meantime it can license it's original content through a more mainstream service.
With the departure of Marvel from Netflix, DC should simply license their material to them. Why bother with the trouble of all the infrastructure needed to support their own streaming service? Sounds pretty dumb to me.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
With the departure of Marvel from Netflix, DC should simply license their material to them. Why bother with the trouble of all the infrastructure needed to support their own streaming service? Sounds pretty dumb to me.

Simple, the same reason Disney/Marvel is building their own. $$$$ from cutting out the "middleman".

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Simple, the same reason Disney/Marvel is building their own. $$$$ from cutting out the "middleman".
Well, Disney has WAY more cash than DC, plus a wide variety of potentially streamable content. DC's stuff is pretty narrow.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The more they split the streaming market like this the more likely people will revert to piracy.

I try to sign up for services to give support to the creators, but damn if I was going to sign up for just this show alone. Thats the problem with all the different platforms right now. If a person only likes one thing on the entire platform, like myself, its either boot leg the show or skip it entirely. More has to be brought to the table in these situations. Even as much as I liked Doom Patrol and would rather support them in creating another season. Luckily, they are doing a second season in Feb 2020. I'm sure we'll eventually come full circle, and all the platforms will shrink down to just a few. Netflix likely wont fade, but theyre going to have to give up more and more of the profit sharing.

I just finished watching it, and although its a bit cheesy at times - its definitely good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I try to sign up for services to give support to the creators, but damn if I was going to sign up for just this show alone. Thats the problem with all the different platforms right now. If a person only likes one thing on the entire platform, like myself, its either boot leg the show or skip it entirely. More has to be brought to the table in these situations. Even as much as I liked Doom Patrol and would rather support them in creating another season. Luckily, they are doing a second season in Feb 2020. I'm sure we'll eventually come full circle, and all the platforms will shrink down to just a few. Netflix likely wont fade, but theyre going to have to give up more and more of the profit sharing.

I just finished watching it, and although its a bit cheesy at times - its definitely good.

I agree with you about if you only want one thing. FOr my wife she wanted the DC streaming service because she recently got on a Batman kick and wanted to watch ALL the animated Batman stuff. Which you can stream through the service. She watched Titans but wasn't impressed, I didn't make it through two episodes of Titans. But then Doom Patrol , we both love it. Not sure what we'll do after that. Maybe we'll get lucky and Swamp Thing will also be good.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
They already reduced the episode count of swamp thing from 13 to 10. Not sure it's sticking around.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
They already reduced the episode count of swamp thing from 13 to 10. Not sure it's sticking around.

Yep pretty sure it's gone. They were supposed to cut the last couple episodes into an ending. If they hadn't of given out their schedule it sounds like they would have cancelled it.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I agree with you about if you only want one thing. FOr my wife she wanted the DC streaming service because she recently got on a Batman kick and wanted to watch ALL the animated Batman stuff. Which you can stream through the service. She watched Titans but wasn't impressed, I didn't make it through two episodes of Titans. But then Doom Patrol , we both love it. Not sure what we'll do after that. Maybe we'll get lucky and Swamp Thing will also be good.

Young Justice is a good show as well.

• 1Like