DOOM

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
You're like the guy that goes to a godzilla movie and then complains about the lack of a human romance story. Nobody likes that guy.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
You're like the guy that goes to a godzilla movie and then complains about the lack of a human romance story. Nobody likes that guy.
If romance was introduced go Godzilla movies and it was successful with a story behind it that worked, then ten years later we find out the director and movie studios fucked the entire movie they were doing and decided to throw back to the claymation days because they had five bucks left to make a movie, than pass it on as hey dudes! Original Godzilla! Just like the old days!" You may have a point.

Seriously guy, it isn't like this shit hasn't evolved with the title before. Doom 3 was more successful than any other doom game. Quit trying to make it out like everyone should be happy with a mediocre 1992 mechanic shooter because of incompetent fuck hacks due to a name in where the game mechanics haven't been relevant for the last 24 years.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I agree with Ut. We've become a generation of gamers that is genuinely surprised by competence. A game that used to get laughed at in the 90s for being unoriginal is now a 95/100 because it's playable from beginning to end without frustration not because it blows us away and takes its genre to the next level.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I agree with Ut. We've become a generation of gamers that is genuinely surprised by competence. A game that used to get laughed at in the 90s for being unoriginal is now a 95/100 because it's playable from beginning to end without frustration not because it blows us away and takes its genre to the next level.
Exactly.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just started now, slept early last night so didn't bother playing it any last night... no clue how the MP will be, don't care all that much - but yea, the SP is amazing - I just picked it up for SOMETHING and it's blowing me away.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I guess my biggest issue is Ut is going nuts and 1) no reviews are out, 2) he has not played the game, and 3) from what most of us watched on streams it looked amazing.

Is the story terrible? WE HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I guess my biggest issue is Ut is going nuts and 1) no reviews are out, 2) he has not played the game, and 3) from what most of us watched on streams it looked amazing.

Is the story terrible? WE HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA.
They have already said there isn't a story. At all. Then you have Dr. Mario coming in here saying "HEY YOU STUPID UT IT'S A DOOM GAME WHAT DID YOU EXPECT DID YOU SEE GODZILLA COME ON DO YOU THINK LEO AND KATE SHOULD BE IN A GODZILLA MOVIE?" When it is painfully obvious the game is just a 1992 based mechanic shooter without any recourse for story or character development. Which is fine. Let's call it that then and also say why it happened (Piss poor incompetent development and producing who tried for much more in 2008 but only know how to role play levelord) instead of trying to justify this mediocre pile of shit in a box for 60 bucks because Doom was a great shooter in 1992 when we had 386SX-16 Packard Bells and now we get to see it in more than 256 colors on screen at once!

Seriously.

And since that is the game, something from 1992 reborn with art assets from 2010, it should have been sold for 19 bucks on digital stores everywhere. What I am sick of is the new viral bullshit of "HEY GUYS IT'S DOOM THIS IS SO GREAT OH MY GOD I HAVEN'T HAD THIS MUCH FUN SINCE 1992 BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY I HAVE BEEN LOCKED IN A ROOT CELLAR FOR THE LAST 24 YEARS AND THIS IS MY FIRST GLIMPSE AT A VIDEO GAME SINCE I HAD MY LAST MCLEAN DELUXE WITHOUT CHEESE"

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
DooM has always been about fast gameplay, difficult gameplay and great level design. If it has all of this I'd consider it a success. You can run the old Dooms like an hour if you know what you're doing on the levels so brevity wouldn't be the biggest hinderence to the game as long as there is a feeling of replayability to try and do it faster.

But I know absolutely nothing about this current iteration.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Tell me, what does it do right? The monsters move and you can shoot shit? FUCKING AMAZING GUYS AND I CAN CONTROL IT WITH A KEYBOARD AND MOUSE OR A CONTROLLER!IT DOES EVERYTHING RIGHT!

Holy FACEPALM.

Meanwhile, half the streamers are already bored to tears and are playing with the fucking map editor.

GAME OF THE YEAR.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I don't think it's GOTY material. But fun? You know, that thing games are supposed to be? Fuck yes.
Please elaborate on everything this game does "right" and why it is such a fantastic addition to the gaming universe. These are the topics you cannot use.

CONTROLS
GUNPLAY
IT DOESN'T CRASH
ITS RED... LIKE HELL

Ready?

GO.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Tell me, what does it do right? The monsters move and you can shoot shit? FUCKING AMAZING GUYS AND I CAN CONTROL IT WITH A KEYBOARD AND MOUSE OR A CONTROLLER!IT DOES EVERYTHING RIGHT!

Holy FACEPALM.

Meanwhile, half the streamers are already bored to tears and are playing with the fucking map editor.

GAME OF THE YEAR.
If you want innovation and a big-budget AAA you're probably not going to find it. The games are too expensive to take too many risks on the formula so if you isolate yourself to the big name studios and big budget games you're going to be playing a bunch of rehash.

Although you posted earlier how you like UC4 even though UC wasn't even innovative for the original game and they've been chugging out the same formula each iteration

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Please elaborate on everything this game does "right" and why it is such a fantastic addition to the gaming universe. These are the topics you cannot use.

CONTROLS
GUNPLAY
IT DOESN'T CRASH
ITS RED... LIKE HELL

Ready?

GO.
It's an FPS and you don't want him to talk about the controls or gunplay. Are you out of your mind?

There's a reason Counter Strike is still played today and a lot of that is controls and gunplay

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
If you want innovation and a big-budget AAA you're probably not going to find it. The games are too expensive to take too many risks on the formula so if you isolate yourself to the big name studios and big budget games you're going to be playing a bunch of rehash.

Although you posted earlier how you like UC4 even though UC wasn't even innovative for the original game and they've been chugging out the same formula each iteration
UC4 is above and beyond in terms of acting, quality, gameplay, atmosphere, graphical and sound presentation, etc. There is much more that goes into a game beside the gameplay element. There can only be so many gameplay elements. Doom 3 was the most successful Doom ever because it took it up a notch with a great story written by Costello and new gameplay mechanics but the same run and gun mechanics, with a graphical and sound presentation unmatched. This little word on both of those games called EFFORT.

This piece of shit? ANYONE, and I mean ANYONE, can throw together some rehashed art assets from 2010 and hire 5 people to create levels on a map editor that was made 5 years ago. Selling the game for $60 and convincing the peon sheep to buy their mediocre "How much can we make with the least work possible" experience? That probably takes more resources than what it took to make this pile of shit. And we are seeing it all right now, in viral paid for streamers harkening back to the days of old as a scapegoat for this complete bastardized version of design that came out after the project lingered with incompetent straggling dill-holes for the first 6 years.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Can we have a movie discussion without mentioning plot, characterization or special effects, please?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Wrong analogy. Not surprising.

What you should have said was "Can we have a movie discussion without mentioning it uses 8mm film and lighting?"

Because that's exactly the back to basics shit we should expect from our movies.

"OH MY GOD GUYS THAT WAS SUCH A GREAT MOVIE EVERYTHING WORKED. THEY USED FILM TO RECORD IT AND MICROPHONES PICKED UP THE AUDIO AND EVERYTHING!"

It's the same damn thing here. "OH MY GOD I CAN SHOOT AND MONSTERS MOVE"

Thank God we haven't been seeing that in games since 1980.

And this, THIS little phrase above is what the morons cling to when they need to justify something (Or promote something virally) that doesn't deserve to be promoted.

Grasping at straws fellas.