DOOM

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Innovation got us Doom 3 too.

I'll take the nostalgic doom with no ads or reload. Some of the boss fights are challenging as well. Solid 7/10 game for me. I'd give it a 8 if the MP didn't suck.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well this game caused me to go out and purchase a GTX 970 upgrade from my GTX 760. The 760 kept stuttering whenever fog was in a room and I was constantly turning down settings to improve performance. The 970, however, plays it on ultra settings flawlessly.

I Did debate buying another 760 and putting the two of them into SLI but I hear that not all games do well with SLI and and a single extra 760 was $140 used while a 970 set me back $300. I'm not sure if it would have been better to go SLI 760's for the $160 savings but I'm definitely not unhappy with the 970!

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Innovation got us Doom 3 too.

I'll take the nostalgic doom with no ads or reload. Some of the boss fights are challenging as well. Solid 7/10 game for me. I'd give it a 8 if the MP didn't suck.
I don't remember much of Doom 3 but from what I do remember I much prefer it to this shit. Especially since that was 12 years ago.

This isn't horrible or anything its just not very good. I know some of you fuckers gush over everything and anything but this isn't that great.

Denaut

Trump's Staff
Beat the game and working through a 100% nightmare campaign. I very thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it and it is exactly what it should have been, a modern version of Doom 1/2.

All ranged attacks are projectiles that you can dodge, the level design is relatively open and maze-like, littered with secrets and the demons constantly at your back forcing you to have your head on a swivel. The game especially shines on the nightmare difficulty where even the possessed will eat half your health with a single hit and if you stop you are dead.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Beat the game and working through a 100% nightmare campaign. I very thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it and it is exactly what it should have been, a modern version of Doom 1/2.

All ranged attacks are projectiles that you can dodge, the level design is relatively open and maze-like, littered with secrets and the demons constantly at your back forcing you to have your head on a swivel. The game especially shines on the nightmare difficulty where even the possessed will eat half your health with a single hit and if you stop you are dead.
I agree very little hand holding and some of the boss fights were akin to a Dark Souls boss.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Well this game caused me to go out and purchase a GTX 970 upgrade from my GTX 760. The 760 kept stuttering whenever fog was in a room and I was constantly turning down settings to improve performance. The 970, however, plays it on ultra settings flawlessly.

I Did debate buying another 760 and putting the two of them into SLI but I hear that not all games do well with SLI and and a single extra 760 was $140 used while a 970 set me back $300. I'm not sure if it would have been better to go SLI 760's for the $160 savings but I'm definitely not unhappy with the 970!
Return it. Now. Because in less than 3 weeks you can buy a 1070 for the same price and it will be as powerful if not more powerful than a 980.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I don't remember much of Doom 3 but from what I do remember I much prefer it to this shit. Especially since that was 12 years ago.

This isn't horrible or anything its just not very good. I know some of you fuckers gush over everything and anything but this isn't that great.
If anything I have learned that I need to pay attention more to your opinions on games, and Jait's, and less of Regime who thinks that the boss fights, which I have watched in a stream, are anything close to Dark Souls 3. That's just some outright significant trolling right there.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

A 970 will beat out two 760s in SLI, plus SLI support is generally garbage.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If anything I have learned that I need to pay attention more to your opinions on games, and Jait's, and less of Regime who thinks that the boss fights, which I have watched in a stream, are anything close to Dark Souls 3. That's just some outright significant trolling right there.
Yeah I beat the first boss in a single attempt. I've done that in Dark Souls games too, but the difference was the first boss in this game was just stupid easy and in dark souls I was clenching my cheeks together so a turd didn't pop out.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I am not sure which would be the better troll. Purchasing a 970 2 weeks before we see a 1070 at the same price with three times the power, or upgrading to a 970 for this pile of shit.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I am not sure which would be the better troll. Purchasing a 970 2 weeks before we see a 1070 at the same price with three times the power, or upgrading to a 970 for this pile of shit.
Isn't the 1070 going to be $400? I admit that it would still have been a good idea to wait till it released if not to get a $970 for ultra cheap once market is flooded with people selling theirs for 1070's though

Fadaar

That guy
Oddball question since I really don't know how laptop hardware correlates -- how long until we start seeing laptops with Pascal based hardware? I'm in the market for a laptop again since I haven't had a functional one that could play games for nearly three years now.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
This game for me is a 9 hour long HD upgrade from the original game. Which is fine, but not 59 USD fine somehow.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Can't return it
frown.png
Already cut off the box UPC code and mailed it in for rebate. Welp that was a mistake.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I specifically bought an EVGA so I could step up (needed a video card sooner rather than later). Worst case is I can't step up and I just sell it online.