DOTA 2

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Navi trying to do fountain hook strat, getting way too cute instead of playing as a team and dying horribly in team fights.

I could see doing this in some 1k$ online tourney for shits, but TI3?

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
ohmy god...

if they just won off that hook thats so legit.

thats something him and puppey probably practiced in pubs and perfected it, as weak as some people are calling it does take a bit of practice.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Navi won this game off of fountain hooks, the level of "pro play" in that statement is fucking absurd. Only Na'Vi dares to do shit like this, this is why people nuthug them like crazy. They have balls.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
It was cheesy as hell, but its not like Pit Lord Dark Rifted in to backdoor them, which is also cheesy but very easy to do. This took skill/balls to do. Stupid as hell, its like training all of the mobs in East Commons to the guards and still getting XP for it all when the guards kill them, but my god it takes balls trying to pull it off.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
i dont know, its allowed and navi took the time to master it, and somehow come back from a disaster of a start.

They perfected a mechanic in the game i dont think its cheesy.

xzi

Mouthbreather
It's still pretty cheesy. But it's fucking hilarious and fun to watch so whatever. I was kind of losing hope for Na'Vi for a bit there but they got that hook on gyro and completely turned the game around. Jesus.

edit: Fnatic vs Orange crowd - this guy knows what's up

xyqYMV4.jpg

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
i dont know, its allowed and navi took the time to master it, and somehow come back from a disaster of a start.

They perfected a mechanic in the game i dont think its cheesy.
I think it is only cheesy because of the animation. Either it is a glitch and hook should 'break' on teleport (how is teleport not actually a word recognized by spell check?), or the target should be teleported back with the hook, or hook should break with teleport before landing. The animation just makes it look goofy and lolz.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
At this point I'd be satisfied for 2 western teams in the final 4. Anything more than that is just icing on the cake. I'm a Fnatic fanboi, but they probably have the worst chance of making it along side TL.
Currently all 4 Eastern teams are in the bottom 4 meaning they have to knock each other out. So it is a guarantee that 2 western teams are in the final 4. You got what you wanted! Maybe more depending on Fnatic and TL!

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Currently all 4 Eastern teams are in the bottom 4 meaning they have to knock each other out. So it is a guarantee that 2 western teams are in the final 4. You got what you wanted! Maybe more depending on Fnatic and TL!
haha, nope. TL and Fnatic both played completely different than what they're used to and played right in to their rice eating counterparts.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
So I just started playing, did my 10 bot games and in my 3rd human game got in a random draw where I somehow ended up as the troll king, never played him before. Died twice right away on bottom to 2 other heroes and then my team started telling me to quit as I was feeding even though I was always out my tower and running away when I saw them yet had no help. Not sure what else to do but not a good introduction to the game to say the least.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Don't do random draw, pick a hero you enjoy that you're good at. Being forced in to a squishy carry like Troll is going to result in a very bad time as he requires high mechanics that you aren't familiar with. I'd suggest finding a hero you like in a bot match or two. Increase the difficulty of the bot match as it scales very well. If you're easily crushing normal bots try out unreal and be humbled.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Ffs, I watched the first navi game then started falling asleep when they went 5-1 up in second as it was past 1am here. Thought they already had it in bag so called it a night
I went to bed after g2, I regret that decision
frown.png
People who call this strat cheesy are stupid, Valve specifically said before the tournament that "If it's in the game, it's legit". However after seeing this, Alliance looks like very likely candiates for winning it all, unless Navi pulls another strat out of their hat. They should know how to play vs this shit, or will firstban Chen.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So I just started playing, did my 10 bot games and in my 3rd human game got in a random draw where I somehow ended up as the troll king, never played him before. Died twice right away on bottom to 2 other heroes and then my team started telling me to quit as I was feeding even though I was always out my tower and running away when I saw them yet had no help. Not sure what else to do but not a good introduction to the game to say the least.
Well random isn't necessarily the best thing if you don't have the mechanical skills, even though it does let you see more heroes. I'd just play against bots for 30-40games anyway, full bot games or coop games. You're going to get yelled at even in coop games against bots though. You're going to get yelled at regardless, it's just the game. If one guy is too much of an ass you can report him, if he's acting like a dick chances are he does every game and he'll eventually be muted when he gets reported a few times. Other than that, open score tab, click the little speaker icon to mute them. Just mute everyone and keep playing your own game or communicate with people that are willing to communicate.

To be honest, that's part of the game you have to learn to deal with it even when the idiot bitching isn't right because he has no fucking clue about anything. If you can't let go then you're gonna have a pretty bad time unless you find people to queue up with. I used to argue when people were really wrong but now I don't bother anymore, if an idiot starts to blame someone for something they're not responsible for, trying to reason with them is pointless, if you could reason with them they wouldn't have been that wrong to begin with.