DOTA 2

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Nearly every LoL champion has skills that mirror Dota heroes. They were made by the same person.

Steve Feak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Well Xin was added WAY after guinsoo left, it's a pure Icefrog hero, like everything for the past 5-6years or whatever(I mean pure icefrog as in him and his buddies plus whatever suggestion from players they use). So here I don't think it's really that thing. There are also some stuff that is different. Granted the 2 examples I was thinking of were done in HoN before(vision reduction ultimate Dark Lady/Nocturne and stance swapping to change skills instantly by 2 heroes I don't know the name of, Battlemaster or some shit in HoN and I think it's Darius? for LoL, but Darius might be the bleed guy instead). I guess the LoL uniqueness in design comes from heroes that use Energy as a ressource for example(ninjas), Kennen and Akali are both pretty cool heroes that play very differently than stuff in dota.

Pretty much every initial champion was a copy of dota skills though, that's true. And very obvious.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Well Zed is a reasonably new champion - and Emberspirit is one of the last added to dota (6.73) - The wiki says Feak left the dota map at 6.01. I just found it odd that they both had the teleport to clone skill and nothing more. I'm was aware of all the early heroes in both hon/lol as being direct ports or extremely influenced ports of the dota heroes. Having never seen ember in action, I thought of zed and just wondered which came first.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
God, DK is just incredible. Their teamwork is so good....the overlapping perfect stuns with Kunkka Lion ES etc, so good. It seems like they can almost play any lineup and play them well because so many of their players can play a huge array of heroes, esp Mushi. On most teams where you have 1 guy who carries a team who has a bad game you lose. DK is hard for them to lose unless all their stars have bad games, and even then theyre still strong.

I cannot freaking wait till MLG Columbus to see DK Na'vi and Alliance go head to head there with this patch.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well Zed is a reasonably new champion - and Emberspirit is one of the last added to dota (6.73) - The wiki says Feak left the dota map at 6.01. I just found it odd that they both had the teleport to clone skill and nothing more. I'm was aware of all the early heroes in both hon/lol as being direct ports or extremely influenced ports of the dota heroes. Having never seen ember in action, I thought of zed and just wondered which came first.
Well technically teleport to clone isn't new, Morphling has been doing that for a long time. Xin isn't that recent, I mean it's "only" 6patches, but that's over 1year and a half in dota time, so it was definitely before Zed which I don't know and I was still playing LoL back then. Anyway fairly irrelevant who copied who, other than for the fanboys, I wouldn't mind if IF directly copied LoL or HoN heroes if they're good.

So they didn't even patch this week uh? Fucking volvo ded gaem etc.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you were wondering which came first, you answered your own question in the original post.

and yes, they were just cosmetics. CS:GO and TF2 both got their Halloween updates, Dota2 get nuffin. daed game ??_? ?? GIVE HEROES

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I think watching people go crazy over something they feel entitled to is way more entertaining than playing Diretide...

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Eh, Diretide called annual event. Isn't actually annual. Probably shouldn't use the term annual if you don't actually plan on making it annual.

Also, after making the game famous and giving valve millions of dollars, I'd say at the very least the fan base is ENTITLED to some sort of announcement. If you don't think the player base (the people make the game exist) aren't ENTITLED to that. There's probably something wrong in your head.

Got to love the dota community,

play game, mexican player saying I'm the worst player he's ever seen, uninstall, otherspicspeak etc.
Play next game, team says I'm amazing, commends all around, adds to friends list, win the game.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Play game OD vs Drow. Ask for gank mid. LOLz midz don't get ganks. I haven't heard of a mid getting a gank since I played LoL. Should have just afk'd in the fountain.

ohmgee_sl

shitlord
Its silly that valve should have said something but some people are retarded like spamming Volvos facebook with give diretide

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't really care about Diretide so it was a big 'whatever' from me.

However, it's about time Valve got it's comeuppance about it's lack of communication. As a long time Counter-Strike player it was very frustrating never knowing what changes were coming next. A lot of people forget CS was king of e-sports back in 2001-2006ish. There was zero interest from Valve in e-sports then and a lot of the changes from 1.0-1.6 didn't make a lot of sense from a competitive point of view, and if they did it pure happenstance. I remember being extremely frustrated by Valve back then. Hopefully they learn they can no longer just ignore their player base anymore.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Uh oh he's going to get the police involved. They're going to do what exactly? Dumbass impotent threats will only result in the trolls trying harder.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Uh oh he's going to get the police involved. They're going to do what exactly? Dumbass impotent threats will only result in the trolls trying harder.
It'll most likely be Riot employees found harassing him and then more lulz will ensue.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Eh, Diretide called annual event. Isn't actually annual. Probably shouldn't use the term annual if you don't actually plan on making it annual.

Also, after making the game famous and giving valve millions of dollars, I'd say at the very least the fan base is ENTITLED to some sort of announcement. If you don't think the player base (the people make the game exist) aren't ENTITLED to that. There's probably something wrong in your head.

Got to love the dota community,

play game, mexican player saying I'm the worst player he's ever seen, uninstall, otherspicspeak etc.
Play next game, team says I'm amazing, commends all around, adds to friends list, win the game.
I found turning on the "No Stacks When Alone" setting helps a bit. I really wish they had charged a token amount for the game and made the bar a little higher to play.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I found turning on the "No Stacks When Alone" setting helps a bit. I really wish they had charged a token amount for the game and made the bar a little higher to play.
MOBA is like the perfect genre for F2P - custom servers are highly inefficient until you have tens of thousands playing, you don't have to trust the client with any more data than necessary so you avoid 99% of hacks. The only problem is that the players hate playing with each other.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
DP new meta vs Visage
biggrin.png