DOTA 2

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
No one said it was dumb, we said you were dumb for thinking Mason is a better player than Fear. That just isn't true (yet). Even today. I'm not sure what this weekend proves in your post, that EG can place well in lan events with 3 different players standing in with them because fear has a really fucked up arm? Mason is a fine enough player to fill the role he has to on EG, they have a unique drafting style and arteezy is still the best player who plays his style of hardcore farming mids. What other team would play PA mid? Twice? And win? Sure its a bit of mind games as far as DK were concerned but they picked different heroes because EG picks like no one else.

Mason is no where near as versatile as Fear, but with the other 4 members of EG who they are he fits in well and the team obviously has a lot of really great momentum. Its awesome to see some NA talent really threaten the top.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The sample size of the Summit is no where near enough games to make the kind of statement you just did.
I was just quoting EG in their winners interviews...besides, it should be a straight 50/50% win chance..the fact teams are mentioning it, shows that something is out of sync balance wise

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I saw the winner interviews also, and the comment was clearly made in jest.

Is there any rational person truly making the argument that Dire > Radiant? What map characteristics would they possibly be making that assumption on?

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Can anyone explain to me why the same item will go for different prices on the marketplace? Like the immortal dragonknight item is around $2.50 but the corrupted version is more expensive and another version might be even more expensive. I don't understand the difference between the same item.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Check to make sure people have/haven't pulled the gems out of them as a place to start - as far as the whole corrupted item system I have no idea how that works.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
I saw the winner interviews also, and the comment was clearly made in jest.

Is there any rational person truly making the argument that Dire > Radiant? What map characteristics would they possibly be making that assumption on?
The ability to easily do rosh, it also favors certain heroes because of that (forcing radiant bans and freeing up other heroes). I'm not really sure if you can favor one side over the other currently though since radiant longlane is way easier than dire.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
The ability to easily do rosh, it also favors certain heroes because of that (forcing radiant bans and freeing up other heroes). I'm not really sure if you can favor one side over the other currently though since radiant longlane is way easier than dire.
It has been in the game since forever, just like radiant has easier time pulling and stacking, etc. I know last TI, certain teams ran dire/radiant almost exclusively, even giving up first pick in the process - Navi and Alliance. The sides were never 50/50, simply becuase the map isn't symmetrical. Dotabuff shows like 55% winrate for radiant I think, but pros always talk about the dire rosh advantage.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
No one said it was dumb, we said you were dumb for thinking Mason is a better player than Fear. That just isn't true (yet). Even today. I'm not sure what this weekend proves in your post, that EG can place well in lan events with 3 different players standing in with them because fear has a really fucked up arm? Mason is a fine enough player to fill the role he has to on EG, they have a unique drafting style and arteezy is still the best player who plays his style of hardcore farming mids. What other team would play PA mid? Twice? And win? Sure its a bit of mind games as far as DK were concerned but they picked different heroes because EG picks like no one else.
Cloud 9 has occasionally been putting Envy mid with PA for a while.

One potential issue for EG is that very rarely do they run something other than Arteezy on a farming mid, though perhaps that role is todays equivalent of the Bulldog Prophet/Bear offlane in the TI3 era. A few other teams (C9 and DK come to mind) frequently vary their players laning which seems like it would give more flexibility in drafting.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Apparently Sunsfan was there too (they live together). According to reports from them, some guys busted in looking for drugs+guns and got the wrong house, but they decided to steal shit anyways. They stated that the police only got called right away because of Twitch viewers (neighbors didn't do shit...Arizona, fuck ya!). The armed robbers originally wanted to take her hostage and bring her to an ATM, but the police showed up by that point (that never ends well). Twitch actually did some good for once ;P

Here is her Facebook post
https://www.facebook.com/sajedene/posts/517413101693275

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not to spoil game of thrones for anyone but was anyone thinking of anchor smash in that last episode?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Can anyone explain to me why the same item will go for different prices on the marketplace? Like the immortal dragonknight item is around $2.50 but the corrupted version is more expensive and another version might be even more expensive. I don't understand the difference between the same item.
I got a green named Chaos Knight armlet for way, way cheaper then the regular ones.

I dunno man... I guess... "cuz purples" is the answer to your question.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider

Mason is no where near as versatile as Fear, but with the other 4 members of EG who they are he fits in well and the team obviously has a lot of really great momentum. Its awesome to see some NA talent really threaten the top.
is fear gone, or until his arm is healed? I thought he was gone in general, if hes gone in general they did what was best for the team, and it dosent involve having fear play the game anymore, what he does behind the scenes for them who knows.

well I mean if im dumb for thinking it, EG did it and is having success im ok with it, I know fear is the great white hope for NA gaming but it is what it is, if they replaced him due to performance clearly its not a dumb choice, they are doing whats best for their team, regardless if you think its the right choice or not because you like fear as a player / person more than mason.

shows how shitty we are as a society, dudes on the stream are like "I saw someone come in with a gun and take some shit but idk" lmao
haha in that video of the robbery, while the dude is on cam looting her shit the team is like "damn if she at least disconnected we could use her hero!" lmao

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Last night we learned that lvl 2 terror blade (taking illusion+morph) with drow aura does like 100 damage an auto attack. Fuck.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
So question for any meepo players out there. Is it recommended to build a mek or vlads if your not playing a support meepo? Ive been catching a ton of flack for not but I thought your better off going aghs into either blink or hex into either heart or eth blade if you need to tank up vs doing a ton of damage. I have to admit at the moment im having a blast playing him even when I do screw up the micro and die

niss_sl

shitlord
Vlads is never a good idea on meepo unless you're swimming in cash. The lifesteal makes a miniscule difference, the armor is good but not worth the opportunity cost given how much of a game changer aghs and blink are.

But I suck with meepo.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Vlad is good for farming the jungle, kinda. It has a place, even though it's mostly a pub item for games where enemy supports don't bother warding inside your jungle and no one come ganking you, then you just vlad and farm the entire fucking place+a lane+split push and you hit lvl 25 at 25mins with agh blink vlad and AC.

Generally you want to rush a blink to be able to kill people decently and then an agh for the raw stats and obviously the additional meepo, after that vlad is still ok for pushing, helping your team and again physical heavy setups but generally AC is better(both is fine though if you really want to push). Sheep is pretty common otherwise, or shiva, or really whatever you want but sheep has good synergy with your blink poof beat down combo.

As for mek, meh, it works alright I guess but it's really a teamfight item and like, you want a blink over a mek for teamfighting, and probably an agh too, so it's conflicting with your normal build. If you feel your team is going to take a lot of fights and no one builds one, guess it's good.

End of the day it's fairly situational. I feel Blink and Agh are the only core items, but the order and what you get for the other slot really depends on how the game's going and what your plan is. Which in a pub, tends to be hard to tell unless people are discussing strategy. In this case you're better off going for lategame options right away.

gmstbfla_sl

shitlord
I've seen like 1 or 2 good Meepo players in close to 2000 games. I'd just tell anyone giving you a hard time to can it and go back to right clicking with Skeleton King. Try out different things and go with what works for you. Ignore the pub noise.