DOTA 2

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
They did their typical Navi strat. PLay like shit in the beginning, play really well and make it to the finals, play like shit and get second place.

gmstbfla_sl

shitlord
Na'vi just seems lost when they can't overpower their opponent on individual skill differential. Sometimes they put it together and make sparks, but at this point it seems like they are pretty much relying exclusively on winning some crazy snowball inducing team fight. Their drafts are weak and they haven't been adapting strategy or hero-wise to what the other top teams are doing.

Puppey is constantly feeding and makes zero impact on the game every time I watch them. He's like a completely different player compared to TI2/3 Puppey.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Who knows they may be actually holding strats until TI, because what they're doing is completely unimaginative and regurgitated. Those things aren't usually what Navi is known for and even coming in like 3rd place, they'll make more money than the last 4 tournaments combined.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Navi doesnt practice and scrim hard like other teams do (they've said as much), and its evident. Now, the rest of the world has caught up. Puppey is just not on the same level as other supports imo and his drafting is out of date with the meta, not to mention his hero pool he is actually good at is very small compared to some other supports imo. Its usually Kuro, Dendi, or Funn1k making the big plays and bailing Xboct out of bad situations.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Xboct had an invis rune when he was mid and got caught by a well placed sentry ward. That's pub level shit though and he did play like complete ass.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Navi doesnt practice and scrim hard like other teams do (they've said as much), and its evident. Now, the rest of the world has caught up. Puppey is just not on the same level as other supports imo and his drafting is out of date with the meta, not to mention his hero pool he is actually good at is very small compared to some other supports imo. Its usually Kuro, Dendi, or Funn1k making the big plays and bailing Xboct out of bad situations.
They are bootcamping right now, EG are bootcamping in Sweden. Yesterday they have shown some pretty inspired stuff - skywrath+wisp mid was great to watch and Dendi went like 33-6 over 4 games. EG obviously prepared by picking/banning brew and XBOCT had pretty shitty day, but they seem to be on the right track.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thank god na finally has a legit number one team. These guys are so exciting to watch. Also I love watching Navi get stomped, making this a truly wonderful day.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'd rather hate the betas that follow them and donate. Good on the women if the can milk some douchebags of some money while playing a video game and showing some tits.
Oddly its not just the girls, Waga has his top donators (donations?) listed and there are multiple who have donated several thousand.

Who knows they may be actually holding strats until TI, because what they're doing is completely unimaginative and regurgitated. Those things aren't usually what Navi is known for and even coming in like 3rd place, they'll make more money than the last 4 tournaments combined.
I think that is unlikely - pocket strats work once or twice and can't really be relied upon, and the grapevine tells other teams about heroes a player is particularly with pretty quick.

They were bootcamping and seem to have been playing a lot pre-summit. Dendi was regularly streaming for a while too.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sekret stratz or not, it still wouldn't explain the shitty play.
Its probably like the transition that happened in pro-sports in the late 70s and throughout the 80s/90s. Until that point players were able to get by on natural talent alone, do shit over the off season and still be competitive. The dota2 scene has started to reach the point where the players need to dedicate most of their time to the game in order to be strongly competitive, it isn't enough to show up anymore. I imagine part of the reason the chinese teams look strong is dedicating 12+ hours a day playing (plus not dealing with timezones to setup scrims the way the western teams do) along with full-time coaches which doesn't happen in the west.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They were bootcamping and seem to have been playing a lot pre-summit. Dendi was regularly streaming for a while too.
Yea, they boot camp every year for TI, but they don't practice and scrim a lot like other teams do. Puppey has said that many times.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Its probably like the transition that happened in pro-sports in the late 70s and throughout the 80s/90s. Until that point players were able to get by on natural talent alone, do shit over the off season and still be competitive. The dota2 scene has started to reach the point where the players need to dedicate most of their time to the game in order to be strongly competitive, it isn't enough to show up anymore. I imagine part of the reason the chinese teams look strong is dedicating 12+ hours a day playing (plus not dealing with timezones to setup scrims the way the western teams do) along with full-time coaches which doesn't happen in the west.
Yeah, seems like Chinese dota is taking a page out of the N Korean "how to win at starcraft" book.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why do teams keep picking queen of pain? That hero is complete trash tier. And this is coming from somebody who loves the hero. She's easily my best hero. But in competitive there is no reason to pick her in any situation over any other hero.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Why do teams keep picking queen of pain? That hero is complete trash tier. And this is coming from somebody who loves the hero. She's easily my best hero. But in competitive there is no reason to pick her in any situation over any other hero.
She shits on melees mid still. Doesn't feel like she's near as impactful as she used to be in teamfights though, which is interesting since her damage didn't get nerfed iirc. Guess everyone having a blink dagger kinda diminishes her potential. Need to add the HoN buff to the aghanim ult, it would apply the dot from dagger to everything you hit with the ult, was pretty cool, would increase her damage potential a lot and give her some good slow too. Granted it's an aghanim change so that might not help.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
At one point I thought xbox was Navi's best player. Even Dendi was quoted saying as much. That was roughly 2 years ago. Xbox used to be my favorite player. I think Navi used to be great at playing off his unrivaled aggression/farming ability. Like people are saying though, they don't seem to be adapting to the current meta. Just getting by on a lot of skill at this point.