DOTA 2

groovy_and_sl

shitlord
Void is going to be in a weird spot. His new jump seems OP but the range is reaaaaaallly short, even at level 4. In the 30 seconds of playing around with him it seemed pretty impractical for initiating. Maybe blink is a new must-have on void?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Caster carries and obvious double damage rune bias for melees has a caster equiv (Lion might be insane with this)

Every 1 losing it

Will def be playing this

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Don't forget the nerfed cloak.

Since there are no huge mechanics changes, I think the currrent kill and snowball meta will stay, just the heroes will shuffle a bit.

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
MKB nerf blows , nerf WR blows , buffing my enigma is awesome, WTF riki?
Silencer seem like its going to be good time again as always.
WK new meta for sure
boots nerf all around i dont get why nerf boots but fuck it.
drow ranger agis is the new medusa?

happy little tree? bob ross buff?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Don't forget the nerfed cloak.

Since there are no huge mechanics changes, I think the currrent kill and snowball meta will stay, just the heroes will shuffle a bit.
There's a fair amount of jungle changes, which might impact the viability of push strats. Although it might not change much and people could just include a jungler into existing stuff fine. Push strats don't do particularily well against kill strats anyway, they tend to mostly counter farm strats so yeah.

Still any patch that makes Enigma better is good in my book. The game can never have too many Blackholes.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
The spell casting range bump item really makes me wonder on Pugna or other tethered ability casters

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I only tested on Razor but it increases the leash break range too, so it doesn't like instantly break if you link at max range with increase ranged, which would be terrible.

The main exceptions that were questionnable were movement abilities that don't require clicking(Mirana leap and Slark pounce) and a bunch of abilities that seem to have complex distance mechanics, like Puck's orb(amount of time you can blink to your orb is linked to the spell itself so increasing distance would need an increase in time you can blink too, so it doesn't work atm), Windrunner's Power shot(I assume cause of charging, or maybe cause of target reducing damage for every hit) or Mirana's arrow(increases stun/damage for the distance).

Other than that it works on everything that's targetable and isn't an attack modifier(and I mean in the large sense, like anything that replaces your attack with a modified projectile even if it stacks with other stuff).

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Other abilities no longer being unique attack mod is very interesting (Silencer I think). Going to try some Doom tonight and see wutup.

Sulrn

Deuces
I know in All-Stars orbs were more of a carryover from engine restrictions, but aren't we slowly moving towards fewer and fewer orbs/UAMs? Seems like every major patch another UAM falls off the books.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Well they were pretty stupid with all the exceptions and shit. Some stuff stacked, some didn't, you had to swap items in your inventory to get different effects and so on. I like how they slowly shed WC3 legacy patch after patch with stuff having dynamic cooldowns and so on. On the other hand, I have no clue wtf is going with the iron branches.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'm expecting to see some epic tree-traps with the iron branches... too bad they only last 20 seconds tho, the lolz potential would be huge if they were permanent.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Mirana arrow insta killing creeps seems like it will be really amazing to farm early with
Not really. Longish CD and she has shit mana early on.

As for the Bob Ross trees, it is a stealth buff to WR and Timbersaw. 1) Place tree 2) EZ shackle for WR or free pure damage buzzsaw from Timber

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That is how much all the Arcana cost, unless they happen to do some manner of pre-order sale.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
They need something attached to the Arcana or some theme of the event. I don't really like just the "here's a $35 item" thing. The Legion duel win thing, upgrading PA blades, etc.. were pretty cool. Everyone's going to spam Zeus now anyways. Might as well give them a carrot to chase and actually try to play him.

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
riki new ulit is fucking awesome, if you get the right items, desso + hammer rapes hard.

Arc Warden is so much fucking fun

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I know in All-Stars orbs were more of a carryover from engine restrictions, but aren't we slowly moving towards fewer and fewer orbs/UAMs? Seems like every major patch another UAM falls off the books.
Well I think the limitations are less and less important with the slow powercreep and stuff. I'd expect most if not all of them to be removed eventually. Shit's also confusing, I mean it's dota but the less obscure fucking weird mechanics the better.

On the Iron Branches, one big thing to note is the tree you create gives twice the healing with a tango. So that's useful regardless, and branches were always nice starting item since they're the most cost efficient stat item in the game. Can also be used in side lanes to escape ganks in some situations(or try to) and obviously for some heroes interaction. Timbersaw can create "retreat trees" in midlane for example if he expects a gank, a bit like leaving a remnant at your tower before you go last hit on ember, on top of the obvious drop tree use aoe so it's pure dmg. It's a nice random buff, it won't change the game or anything but it makes branches even better.