DOTA 2

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Not to mention you can give a retarded amount of 100% evasion time to your barracks when you're getting sieged up by the enemy team which after having it just happen to me, is annoying as FUCK. You can do this even if you suck on the hero.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I have a hard time seeing the spell range of aether lens being balanced at all across the game. I get that its an inventory slot, and it might be ignored more in pro games. I can't fathom a world where it doesn't get bought like crazy in pub dota at near any mmr. I'm curious to see if it survives the tweaks with +200 range fully intact. Its about the same cost as a blink, but it comes in pieces, and blink is a harder tool to take advantage of than passive 200 range.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I have a hard time seeing the spell range of aether lens being balanced at all across the game. I get that its an inventory slot, and it might be ignored more in pro games. I can't fathom a world where it doesn't get bought like crazy in pub dota at near any mmr. I'm curious to see if it survives the tweaks with +200 range fully intact. Its about the same cost as a blink, but it comes in pieces, and blink is a harder tool to take advantage of than passive 200 range.
Since it doesn't affect pbAoE, I don't think it's that bad. ES, Jakiro, Lion, SS are the typical subjects, CM probably can't afford it/doesn't need it. Dazzle would be interesting, but since you usually take apart your arcanes to make it, you are trading sustain for it and that is pretty bad in push strats. Antother weird case is WD, since you can place yourself in some rather creative places while channeling the ward. Bane is valid, but I don't think he needs it that much.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I tried out the aether lens on zeus and found it to be much less useful than a blink dagger. YMMV.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I tried out the aether lens on zeus and found it to be much less useful than a blink dagger. YMMV.
You get a lot of good stats from the lens though, not just the range. 8% damage is non trivial on a hero that does such high damage to begin with and the mana is obviously great for zeus. I think both work fine too.

Empire just managed to get an aghanim on Venge, shit looks really strong. At the very least it forces people to do 50% more dmg to get rid of Venge, but it also acts as a refresher when you die and it still gives the old agh stuff which was pretty nice before.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
You get a lot of good stats from the lens though, not just the range. 8% damage is non trivial on a hero that does such high damage to begin with and the mana is obviously great for zeus. I think both work fine too.

Empire just managed to get an aghanim on Venge, shit looks really strong. At the very least it forces people to do 50% more dmg to get rid of Venge, but it also acts as a refresher when you die and it still gives the old agh stuff which was pretty nice before.
Does Lens amplify static field ? If yes, that is really strong.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>

When would you get the aether lens on Zeus? I'm of the opinion that Zeus' builds are all situational outside of bottle and arcanes, but I'm still having a hard time placing the lens in priority over other items.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Bottle, Soulring/Arcane then the other, Disassemble Arcane into Lens, Arcane again, Disassemble Arcane into Bloodstone. Assuming you have other plans than bloodstone, then no soul ring and potentially no second arcane(maybe just travel later on?), instead you'd go whatever, euls or I don't know. Can blink after or before bloodstone. Can forcestaff instead, preferably in the no bloodstone build since you'd want the int.

Unless you feel you absolutely need the mobility, I think you get fairly similar results with lens, with a lot of stats. In some occasions blink would be better, such as a lot of ganking, but for teamfighting the added stats, damage and range would be better I'd say. You can get blink after too, or force staff if playing against clockwerk and what not. You then have better combat stats and also mobility.

And no Lens doesn't affect static field, it's a non targetted aoe. Having additional range on your 2 super spammable nukes makes it very hard to escape the spam however.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
And no Lens doesn't affect static field, it's a non targetted aoe. Having additional range on your 2 super spammable nukes makes it very hard to escape the spam however.
Wasn't sure if we were talking about Kinetic Field or Static Storm. It does impact Static Storm in both cast range and damage (and obviously just Kinetic Field in cast range).

From testing in demo mode the pulses are:

Without: 2,5,8,11,14,16,19....56 = 581 total
With: 6,9,12,15,18,21,24....60 = 627 total

Which is about an 8% difference.

And Glimpse range is basically off screen, hah.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Talking about Static Field, Zeus passive. Pretty sure that's the name at least. We were talking about Zeus, not Disruptor. And was only talking about range, damage works on everything regardless, range only works on specific stuff, mostly targetted spells.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, why was I thinking about Disruptor? Fuck apparently I'm still asleep, need to wake up. Was literally in demo mode with Zeus when this conversation started checking out the Arcana and that sweet Blink animation.

But you'll be happy to know that Aether Lens does increase Static Field. Damage goes from 147 without to 159 with against demo axe with 1795 hp. Also works with Corrosive Skin (18 to 20). And Craggy.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How does Iron Talon fit into the game?

Is it a Jungler item? Is it an attempt at giving ranged heroes a reason to go Quelling Blade? If so, I think it fails. Nor do I think it is good enough to justify the item slot long-term on a melee hero. I don't think it does enough to see much use.

I guess it is just an attempt at leveling the playing-field a bit for Range & Melee junglers?

Sulrn

Deuces
I see it as an offlane item more than jungle. Let's you sneak camps near ss /side pull relatively quickly and still be able to get back to lane for exp. That way even when zoned you're not completely dead in water.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I view it as an item for melee heroes that would necessarily jungle but would not build a battlefury. It extends the lifespan of the quelling blade for those heroes - which is not an insignificant boost to farm speed. It does help close the speed of farm gap between many melee heroes that struggle to farm compared to battlefury flash farmers in the game. I'm not sure the math, but given that you can 40% nuke 4 times a minute you can probably utilize it on most large camps it probably is quite good if you're using the active effectively. Quelling blade is hard to justify an item slot in its most basic form for heroes who won't construct a BF.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, I can see the offlaner use a bit. As for Junglers, Doom, Lycan, and Ursa maybe. But, Lifestealer, Axe, Bloodseeker, and Legion don't need it.

It would be pretty good if there was no recipe and you could dissemble it for Basilius and Vlad's.

Sulrn

Deuces
I find if I'm out of range of helix I'm SOL in a fight anyway. Also, I feel mana/health sustain is more important than a larger pools. Being able to dip in and out of shadows at the worst time for enemy carries seems to lead to more rampages for me than staying in a fight longer (mana pool).

But I guess that's the difference between support axe and carry axe in my book.