DOTA 2

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
TI6 Battle Pass update is live. Casters announced, Fantasy Challenge / Player Card stuff is out. Looks pretty interesting.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was going to ask the same thing.

Also, is there something that explains the fantasy thing? Do I just open up all the card packs and then pick a 1/2/3/4/5 position player?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here are Waga's Player and Hero predictions. I wasn't able to get screen captures of his Team or Tournament pages.

rrr_img_137191.jpg

rrr_img_137192.jpg

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Who the heck are some of these 'casters', I've never heard of 3-4 of them. Unfortunate they again feel the need to have a non-dota native host.

Cybsled

Redeye has done a good job for the TI and Majors he has been a part of. I'm curious to see how they use Slacks since Kaci is also there. He is usually good for the meme/crowd stuff, so it wouldn't surprise me if they use him in that capacity and have Kaci stick to the main stage and the interviews aspect.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
No Nahaz (the only actual analyst), no Lyrical, no Xyclopz, no GrandGrant.

Not excited for the casting. At all. And no Tobi... Might be the first TI in four years I don't watch, or mute it to watch.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Nahaz is coaching Complexity. No way Valve puts xyclopz on any cast or desk even though I'd really like it. Pretty sure GrandGrant and Fogged should have made it over other picks though.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Godz, LD, and Tobi... That is all you need for casters. Merlini, Blitz, Draskyl, and Waga for co-caster insights. Redeye is a good host, professional. Then you have some good analysis with Winter and Charlie. SeemsGood.

They did shit the bed, not having Xyclopz there running around with SirSlacks causing mayhem and entertaining the masses. What a lost opportunity.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Besides, you know Bulldong and Alliance will be out by day 3. He and Xyclopz could have had a camera crew follow them around the rest of the week. Their buddy duo-comedy show would break 100k viewers easy. Nobody would even be watching the actual games.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Besides, you know Bulldong and Alliance will be out by day 3. He and Xyclopz could have had a camera crew follow them around the rest of the week. Their buddy duo-comedy show would break 100k viewers easy. Nobody would even be watching the actual games.
You shut your whore mouth!

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
www.dota2.com

Anyone tried out the Vive Spectator mode?  I have one friend who said he'll watch this way if he's alone lol.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
While we're talking about new features, what's the deal with VR mode?

Do I need a VR headset, or can I just watch retardo view on my monitor for TI?

Mao

Trakanon Raider
Think you need a VR headset.

Honestly, while the brief reveal of it looked interesting, watching youtube videos of it seems kinda underwhelming.  Seems rather unwieldy and not really a good way to get a good view of whats actually going on.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIw2haOAwDg[/video]

Mao

Trakanon Raider
As much as people like to shit on Purge, I think his newbie stream last year was really good and have used parts of it when trying to introduce new people to this "Whats the big deal about vidya games" bit. I'd like to see him do it again this year and hopefully have a landing place for new people who are wondering why there is a video game tournament with 18+ mil in prizes.