DOTA 2

Needless

Toe Sucker
Wake up Bois, fucking Abed is doing it.
9,999 MMR.

Reddit lynch mob still crying about DC feeding him MMR?

I need to find a place for TI still god damn, i forgot how expensive seattle hotels are haha
Looks like im going to capitol hill and finding me a nice gay fetish boi to house me

Needless

Toe Sucker
I hope mouzsports can qualify, i forgot they were ad finem. Loved their run at Boston last year, would like to see them finally adapt to the 7.0x patch and do some work.

Probably unlikely though lol

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I know names are oft reused but it seems weird if you're a new'ish personality you wouldn't at least google your handle to make sure it wasn't already used by a fairly well known person in the esports sphere. I was really confused if Starcraft's Machine somehow rebirthed himself as a DOTA personality until I clicked the link.

Cybsled

Looks like Na'vi failed to qualify for a chance to go to TI...knocked out of top 4 for CIS. I wouldn't be surprised if they disband soon.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Do we know why? I thought he was a good 'adult' figure to keep everything moving along in and entertaining way. Was it him or valve?

Nah, his response is all we'll know, all we need really. It is Valve's discretion and who they think works this time. Which is fine, as it should be, but still up to them to find the right replacement.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Nah, his response is all we'll know, all we need really. It is Valve's discretion and who they think works this time. Which is fine, as it should be, but still up to them to find the right replacement.

Are there any other older more mature esports hosts that do events this large? Our dota hosts are the best, but I'm just not sure if they can carry what I assume valve wants this event to be, or eventually be.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I was a big fan of machine in csgo so i'm glad to see that hes most likely the #1 option for hosting TI

I also figured he would be doing TI the moment i saw him doing Boston last year lol

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Machine, Redeye and Chopra are all meh imo. They aren't offensive but its pretty clear they aren't dota natives. Fuck no to Capitalist, Kotlguy and Nehaz.

The people that come to mind for me - LD, Sunsfan, Purge, Tobiwan. I think any of those could do a good job.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
They really need to fix SF getting souls from clockwork cogs, wards and really illusions. Doesn't make much sense.

Cybsled

Eh, not sure any of them would be ideal hosts for an event this big. They essentially become panel wranglers and directors.

Kaci already confirmed she is doing the stage stuff this year. I suspect the talent reveals will happen a week or so after the qualifiers.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Machine, Redeye and Chopra are all meh imo. They aren't offensive but its pretty clear they aren't dota natives. Fuck no to Capitalist, Kotlguy and Nehaz.

The people that come to mind for me - LD, Sunsfan, Purge, Tobiwan. I think any of those could do a good job.

Purge or Tobiwan I like, but fuck that as host. Purge would be a snooze fest and tobiwan... would be a spastic retard. Give me Merlini, LD or Blitz, or a any combo of those 3. Maybe Draskyl but he'd be boring probably.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Purge or Tobiwan I like, but fuck that as host. Purge would be a snooze fest and tobiwan... would be a spastic retard. Give me Merlini, LD or Blitz, or a any combo of those 3. Maybe Draskyl but he'd be boring probably.

Remember that the host is just there to direct the conversation, its mostly about getting the others to talk. I don't believe Merlini, Blitz or Draskyl would be interested in doing it; of the three I think Draskyl is the only one who could do it well.

Capitalist & Nehaz don't know how to shut-up (plus one imagines Capitalist jerking off to his own recordings), Kotlguy doesn't actually speak English.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Remember that the host is just there to direct the conversation, its mostly about getting the others to talk. I don't believe Merlini, Blitz or Draskyl would be interested in doing it; of the three I think Draskyl is the only one who could do it well.

Capitalist & Nehaz don't know how to shut-up (plus one imagines Capitalist jerking off to his own recordings), Kotlguy doesn't actually speak English.

I've seen purge try to host before, it was cringe city. Tobiwan who knows, but I don't see that ending well. Probably the same with my picks too, which is why I have really no clue who's they're gonna tap unless it's some left field b-list celebrity or IRL sports caster/hosts their gonna train up enough to pull this off.

Jeff Propts hosting TI would be pretty baller I guess.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user