DOTA 2

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Btw, how did everyone land fantasy score wise?

Final score for me was 2686.01. Too bad I didn't pick more Liquid players (had 2 liquid, 3 newbee for final day). But the Liquid players I did have (GH and Miracle) brought massive points ;)

3145.15 for me. I went all-in and ran the entire Liquid lineup today.

Finals were pretty good even for a 3-0.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Kuro is the only player in esports with over 3 mil prize pool. 4 of the top 5 are now Liquid, Miracle is #2 after 2-years in pro, Gh top-10 after 1-year!

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
3145.15 for me. I went all-in and ran the entire Liquid lineup today.

Finals were pretty good even for a 3-0.
What ? The global top has 5 people above 3000 with top having 3012 ...

I just threw in random players and forgot to put in a roster on one day, so I ended up with 2340. Still should bring in a few levels.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Honestly, force staff needs a nerf. Probably just distance traveled. I feel like it had such a huge impact in a lot of games. As a non-player and casual watcher I could be way off base here.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Honestly, force staff needs a nerf. Probably just distance traveled. I feel like it had such a huge impact in a lot of games. As a non-player and casual watcher I could be way off base here.
It has been nerfed several times already, doesn't matter, mobility is such a scarce resource that any source is absolutely bonkers. It also takes a lot of skill to use, since you can equally fuck up the fight if you push somebody when he is facing a wrong direction. It also enables the players to make ridiculous plays, it's a prime spectator item and frankly just makes the game fun. I think we just need an item that fucks with the direction you are facing to enable some counterplays.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
What ? The global top has 5 people above 3000 with top having 3012 ...

I just threw in random players and forgot to put in a roster on one day, so I ended up with 2340. Still should bring in a few levels.

The top 100 list doesn't update immediately. This morning 1st place is 3429.82 points.

As a support player, you can have my force staff when you pry it from my cold dead hands.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Just finished watching, was kinda expecting a china showdown in the finals, went to bed after the first game of LFY vs Liquid and it didn't look good for Liquid losing a game after dragging it for so long but seems they recovered pretty well. Happy for Kuroky and GH was a monster, reminded me of Sumail on EG when they won TI, didn't crumble under pressure even though he's a relatively new pro player and end up winning TI.

Cybsled

Ya, force staff is fine. Key thing to remember is it takes up an item slot, has a relatively low range (your support is closer to the danger), and can be somewhat situational.

Plus it makes for some clutch plays when it is just right ;)

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
It has been nerfed several times already, doesn't matter, mobility is such a scarce resource that any source is absolutely bonkers. It also takes a lot of skill to use, since you can equally fuck up the fight if you push somebody when he is facing a wrong direction. It also enables the players to make ridiculous plays, it's a prime spectator item and frankly just makes the game fun. I think we just need an item that fucks with the direction you are facing to enable some counterplays.

Eh? It hasn't really been changed in years. To me there is an issue with the item being too prevalent - most ranged carries go hurricane and as supports have more gold most can pick them up.

Maybe a simple change like not working vs roots from the ground or perhaps not being pushed up hill.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Eh? It hasn't really been changed in years. To me there is an issue with the item being too prevalent - most ranged carries go hurricane and as supports have more gold most can pick them up.

Maybe a simple change like not working vs roots from the ground or perhaps not being pushed up hill.
Force Staff is a waste of a slot on lategame carry, you want your slaves supports to build it. I still remember when it needed quarterstaff and gave attack speed, then the speed and range was nerfed. Personally I found it odd the frog decided to buff the item with Dragon Lance recipe, but it provides some interesting interactions for lategame. If they ever want to nerf the item, it could inflict damage to an ally if pushed, so it disables his blink.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They could just increase the price again and that'd probably be enough of a nerf. People will still buy it but unless you ruin the item, people will buy it anyway, it's just too good to save your carry if you don't draft Dazzle/Oracle/Winte...no not this one, but yeah.

They could nerf Force Staff+Blink interactions though, that'd be acceptable I think.

There's gonna be a big patch in a few weeks anyway as usual. Wonder if it's time for OP spectre again.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
They could just increase the price again and that'd probably be enough of a nerf. People will still buy it but unless you ruin the item, people will buy it anyway, it's just too good to save your carry if you don't draft Dazzle/Oracle/Winte...no not this one, but yeah.

They could nerf Force Staff+Blink interactions though, that'd be acceptable I think.

There's gonna be a big patch in a few weeks anyway as usual. Wonder if it's time for OP spectre again.

I vote for OP Tiny.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
LET THE SHUFFLE BEGIN!

VP staying together.
Khezu/MP out of Secret.
FATA out of C9 (he played like dogshit). Possibly Pie too.

Last edited:

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Don't remember which game but I believe there was some insane defensive hurricane pike usage. God does my memory fail me wish I had that example. It's in a good place, so is glimmer cape.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
My mmr is low but my fantasy mmr is 10k:

Untitled.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
I had 3 IG players that day they had the 2 hour game. That was luck.

The basics of it were just picking players who had the most possible games each day.

Del

Vyemm Raider
I got to the top 79% even though I didn't pick any players for 4 of the 6 main event days.