DOTA 2

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Please let the sadness of China begin. This is great, they are nearly mute as the game goes sideways.

edit: I thought VP would be on my side. I was hopeful but this looks not good.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Also Alliance fucked up their drafts, let the timer run out on the last ban, then picked Gyro 1sec after, probably tried to ban it instead but too late. Last pick too so couldn't build around it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well it's not the only thing they play, the reason they're in lower brackets is because they fucked up in the 16 previous games enough, so yeah it sucks to get a BO1 direct elim in the main stage but at the same time you do have plenty of games before that to prevent the situation. They could maybe add a day but on the flipside it makes being in the top of the group stage a lot less rewarding, like sure you can lose a bo3 and not get eliminated and that's still nice, but the biggest motivator atm is not being at the mercy of some cheesefest shit in a BO1.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Every TI champion there has ever been as come from the Upper bracket. So, I would say BO1's are working as intended.

You have to thin the herd and they are incredibly exciting. Having been to TI twice, it was my favorite day of the tournament. The game itself is worth $168,000 which seems like a lot, but it is only a difference of 0.5% in the total prize pool. I would like to see them take another 5% off the top of the winners and divvy it up to the 7th - 18th places. That extra $2m would go a long ways towards supporting the long-term health of a lot of teams.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
1566329213123.png

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
I pooped the bed on Navi, mind you they played like dogshit so what can you do lol

They should be on paper a lot better than mineski :( rip BO1

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Every TI champion there has ever been as come from the Upper bracket. So, I would say BO1's are working as intended.

You have to thin the herd and they are incredibly exciting. Having been to TI twice, it was my favorite day of the tournament. The game itself is worth $168,000 which seems like a lot, but it is only a difference of 0.5% in the total prize pool. I would like to see them take another 5% off the top of the winners and divvy it up to the 7th - 18th places. That extra $2m would go a long ways towards supporting the long-term health of a lot of teams.
I've never been a big fan of how top heavy the prize money is. I know they want to reward the winner handsomely, but the drop off is pretty extreme.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
OG with another Ana IO game. These are so fucking entertaining in a clowny way.

Edit: Ok, that was fucking hilarious. That's TI9's fountain hook. But better.

Last edited:
  • 1Barf

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
These times are such garbage. I really hope there isn't a single China team in the final

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Maybe its just me remembering poorly or my personal bias but the crowd seemed better when TI was hosted in the US/Canada. Obviously, there is going to be bias to whatever teams are from the country that is hosting, but I remember the crowd chanting for Chinese teams during previous TIs. Maybe they travel better than the rest of the world?

More or less just tired of loud cheering during Chinese games and almost zero, even during some exciting fights, in the rest.

• 1Solidarity

Needless

Toe Sucker
It's really no different than the Seattle bias, except china always flys out like 1000+ people that sit behind their chinese commentary and are super loud so you hear both sides to a degree
NA didn't do this at all

At least china loves EG though so they at least cheer for one western team lol

Those EG/Secret games were insane, god i love good dota