DOTA 2

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
These times are such garbage. I really hope there isn't a single China team in the final

TI should always be in the US. Or it should travel to the home country of the previous years winners. But this rotational bullshit is just cheap. And makes it annoying to watch because of times, and looks lame because of the Chinese bias (I haven't gone through and checked crowds in prior US TI's)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The US TI crowds were quite diverse. If I had to break it down, I would say:
  • 60% North American
  • 25% Asian
  • 15% European and Other
This China TI? I bet it is 95% Asian and 5% Other.

• 1Solidarity

Delly

Trakanon Raider
TI should always be in the US. Or it should travel to the home country of the previous years winners. But this rotational bullshit is just cheap. And makes it annoying to watch because of times, and looks lame because of the Chinese bias (I haven't gone through and checked crowds in prior US TI's)

Well we'd have to get our borders in order first before we can do that. There is a reason we haven't done it the last 2 years and its because Valve isn't going to risk any bullshit politics fucking up their event.

I'm fine with Canada being the host until we get shit sorted out. Though I would like to see at least one event in Europe to make it "fair".

• 1Seriously?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well we'd have to get our borders in order first before we can do that. There is a reason we haven't done it the last 2 years and its because Valve isn't going to risk any bullshit politics fucking up their event.

I'm fine with Canada being the host until we get shit sorted out. Though I would like to see at least one event in Europe to make it "fair".
Eh? There has been a lot of uncertainty in Valve's backyard for the last few years. That is the primary reason they are going International for '18, '19, and '20.

Key Arena has been closed for renovation since Oct 2018. Seattle is getting an NHL team in 2021 season and there is wide speculation that the NBA is coming back to town as well.

• 1Like

Delly

Trakanon Raider
There are many great venues they could use in the US. Much closer than going to China at the very least.

Now that they've started going international I imagine they have to do some kind of world tour before they would even consider bringing it back home anyways. Like I said, at the very least do a European international and then consider bringing it back.

Also, Valve will move Dota 2 International out of USA if immigration difficulties continue

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
China is BY FAR the largest population of dota, giving them 1 TI makes sense
KeyArena wont be finished until summer 2021, so they'll probably return then. That means theres 1 more year not in seattle.

TI 10 is next year
First TI was in Cologne, Germany

10 year anniversary return to Germany makes sense to me, but i'd rather it be somewhere else in the US or Canada again lol
Montreal would be a really good spot too

Needless

Toe Sucker
We should find out Thursday night anyway though so heres to hoping it's either NA or EU lol

If it's NA or EU i'm going to put in the effort to attend, but not if it's an asian country.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The crowds at the TIs we attended were always diverse and had a lot of cheering, for all teams and from all parties. It was more cheering for good plays and great DotA regardless of the team doing the play. Hell I’d specifically get pissed at Dandain Dandain for cheering for the enemy hah!

• 2Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The crowds at the TIs we attended were always diverse and had a lot of cheering, for all teams and from all parties. It was more cheering for good plays and great DotA regardless of the team doing the play. Hell I’d specifically get pissed at Dandain Dandain for cheering for the enemy hah!
Yeah definitely. Though, sometimes USA USA USA chants got a bit cringe. But I hope everyone realizes though things are just in good fun.

I met all sorts of people from other countries and it was super friendly and positive experiences across the board. As a general rule, I don't know why you wouldn't want to make someone from another country feel welcome.

• 1Like

Dandain

Trakanon Raider

Hahaha, Best part of TI as an event for me was the roar of the crowd regardless of who was playing. I don't mind homer atmospheres, college football, true home games and the like. And I get that when EG is playing NA is loud. TI is definitely more like the Olympics, and last nights China crowd during EG/Secret made me feel pretty good about the atmosphere, but god are they quiet when its a foreign team playing China. I think they fear getting punched by other Chinese sitting next to them if they cheer for the enemy! I promise to only cheer for Auburn in your presence Intrisic!

It has to be said though that Chinese ticketing and travel complications as a foreigner without the external viewing on the grass like in Seattle really makes for a less good experience for international travelers. Being in an arena for 10-12 hours for 6 days in a row would be unsustainable without the freedom to go lay on the lawn and chill at a beer garden or whatever. Additionally - Meme Lords in the broadcast seem to be massively reduced, it could be due to lack of Meme lords or fear of the Chinese Overlords. Either way its sad for the broadcast between games. The segments with Kaci/Slacks in the Arena are way less fun in China.

Seatle(Vancouver) is one of the better locations in its compromise if the goal is to fill the Arena internationally. Having a 20-25% Chinese nationalists in Seattle really gives you an opposing crowd to have a cheer competition against. The USA chants are cringe, but only if you actually look and see we have to USA chant randomly or for 1 dude (Moo). To me they were always sarcastic in joke humor with the USA crowd and almost Zero USA top tier Dota players.

• 2Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
I liked binge drinking overpriced beers between games out on the patio
bring TI back home ;(

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bruh, I was spending over $100 a day on just booze, lol. God, I love vacations.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Finally finished the Secret/EG series. Secret played like shit in all 3 games. First game was all of them. Second Midone was just non-existent (they just got lucky with a team wipe at the end to finish it). Third game Zai crushed laning phase and then just got chained killed.

Their execution was just BAD.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finally finished the Secret/EG series. Secret played like shit in all 3 games. First game was all of them. Second Midone was just non-existent (they just got lucky with a team wipe at the end to finish it). Third game Zai crushed laning phase and then just got chained killed.

Their execution was just BAD.

IMO the issue in game 3 was that their lineup didn't really have a good way to go high ground. None of the cores wanted to go up and hit the towers when the enemy team is alive.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
This Newbee vs Infamous is some of the best team fights I’ve ever seen.

99% Midas efficiency LOL

• 1Solidarity

Del

Vyemm Raider
Mineski's adrenaline must have taken over and they went full retard trying to push into them without buyback on their most important hero. This TI is so full of glaring mistakes.

faille

Molten Core Raider
I felt sure Mineski was going to choke it again but they held on.
Game three is going to be so tense!

• 1Solidarity