DOTA 2

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
How come the arena was like half empty but the tickets are listed as sold out? Is there just a lot of turnover in the audience? I had an idea for a last minute trip to go watch.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wtf their drafting is awful..... CDEC dominates with Lina. Give them Lina both games and then get wrecked by it. Lina is what they picked from the start of the tourney from wild card till now. Homework? Nah

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
They worked out on empire in g3... C9 have any chance?... Lol

Before th bottom bracket starts, anyone think a team starting there has a chance to make it through and win?

As I was typing, every analyst picked c9, with 3/4 saying it would be a 2-0 sweep. Lol, I might feel stupid soon
CDEC has been crushing it, they were right behind EHOME in the qualifiers... Dunno why anyone thought C9 had a real chance, they always choke / fold.

C9 has a lot of loud fans, but... Dunno, CDEC have just been solid. Been rooting for them since the qualifiers EHOME won, and esp since wild card qualifiers.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
In game1 which I got to see CDEC just did everything right. Nothing flashy, nothing spectacular just solid play. None of which C9 actually did.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
CDEC has been crushing it, they were right behind EHOME in the qualifiers... Dunno why anyone thought C9 had a real chance, they always choke / fold.

C9 has a lot of loud fans, but... Dunno, CDEC have just been solid. Been rooting for them since the qualifiers EHOME won, and esp since wild card qualifiers.
Every top team is scared of C9... being behind EHOME in quals isn't saying much to be honest, and that's from a cty fanboy.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Every top team is scared of C9... being behind EHOME in quals isn't saying much to be honest, and that's from a cty fanboy.
How do you know that? In sports you rarely have a "yeah, they suck, going to roll them" being stated with no gamesmanship.

They have always seemed so lack luster in DotA2, same with NaVi. Only been following pro DotA for a year (started with ti4, which I watched all of, then casual until ESL and some others, now rabid with TI5).

Anyway, I thought CDEC should have been a favorite, and rooting for them coming out of the wild card. Hope ViCi makes it out of the Bo1.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Because C9 is the most up and down team out there. As they said earlier, they will shit the bed then they beat IG worse than IG has EVER lost....was like 16-0 when they tapped out.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
They have always seemed so lack luster in DotA2, same with NaVi. Only been following pro DotA for a year (started with ti4, which I watched all of, then casual until ESL and some others, now rabid with TI5).
You can't really make your first statement and then follow it up with that second one. Na'Vi went to 3 straight TI Finals winning one and losing one in game 5 to some of the MOST clutch ratting ever. Also, they really, really dominated the tournament scene at the time. Not to mention the first iterations of navi were made up of some of the legends from dota1. C9 isn't a championship quality team, but easily top 10 at any given moment for the past like 2 years? One of the casters said it best. They can beat the shit out of any team and then get the shit beat out of them by that same team right after. They've always had issues with ingame calls and breaking high ground for them is just not possible for them in games that they should win.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, saw that game, wrote it off as an aberration.

Newbee lost Xiao8 and Fnatic lost BigTail. Dunno if either are viable without those guys (in this ti)

Yeah... What NaVi did three years ago, was three years ago. They were great, just don't see it personally now, even last year they felt flaky as hell. Dunno, I think I have a decent feel for it since my picks have mostly landed.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Yeah, saw that game, wrote it off as an aberration.

Newbee lost Xiao8 and Fnatic lost BigTail. Dunno if either are viable without those guys (in this ti)

Yeah... What NaVi did three years ago, was three years ago. They were great, just don't see it personally now, even last year they felt flaky as hell. Dunno, I think I have a decent feel for it since my picks have mostly landed.
The Fnatic from this TI is not the HoN era Fnatic...

Cybsled

Nice for MVP
wink.png

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wanna see Na'vi do well, but of all teams to have to run into at this point in the tournament? Vici's such a tough draw.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I wanna see Na'vi do well, but of all teams to have to run into at this point in the tournament? Vici's such a tough draw.
Well maybe if they didn't suck in the group stages they would have had a better team to play against. Tbh, the Na'Vi that played in group stage was pretty trash and they didn't deserve any better. Sad to say but the team isn't really what it used to be, even though the players are still potentially great.