DOTA 2

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Hilarious reading the last seven pages with almost everyone here ripping on EG, "calling it", and being so full of shit at the end of the day.
While the Secret fans were definitely loudest and they were on a hot streak rivalled only by pre-TI3 Alliance, EG hasn't dropped out of top 5 teams in the world for the last 18 months.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I bought into the secret hype. But didn't think eg could take vici, lgd, cdec, or secret.

Glad they won, ppd quickly became my favorite drafter during TI (only been following the pro scene for a few months, didn't get to see them much in the months prior).

The shuffle is going to be interesting, c9 and secret might do some swaps etc. Hoping eg stays whole, or the old man retires to coach them while they pickup a solid off laner.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
While the Secret fans were definitely loudest and they were on a hot streak rivalled only by pre-TI3 Alliance, EG hasn't dropped out of top 5 teams in the world for the last 18 months.
Didn't know that. Pretty strong performance for that long.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
EG's been great, best team across 2 Ti's. They got 3rd at ti4, won DAC in January and TI5 in August. They have been the best team in the biggest tournaments despite secret's run inbetween. Xiao8 with a win and Top 3 at TI4/5 as a mention.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I have a question about dumping gold. The last two games I've been racking up a shit load of gold and have nothing to buy; basically bought all the shit I want (Caveat: the last game I was full up on inventory and trying to upgrade via secret shop + stash, and that obviously didn't work. I'm thinking better planning would've helped somehow, but not sure what I should have done).

I started just filling my stash with shit I didn't even want. I frantically clicked a bunch at some point and ended up with a Sange & Yasha and a few other expensive items. Is there a point where you just ask your teammates if they need something and you buy it?

*side note here, is that I don't think the tutorial matches account for any type of "MMR" factor. It's just the first 10 noobs to go. My last two games I've had people say they never played before, and I've noticed I'm able to dominate the shit out of my lane.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Most items cannot be given for a decent benefit. You can buy someone a bottle or give them shitty tangoes and they can benefit from % regen items like perseverance, but that's about it.

At the same time, I highly doubt you were done with your items. It's very unlikely it'll happen before like an hour, and in newb games it even less likely. There's a ton of lategame items that you probably could have bought to replace some of your early game items. A wand is a great early game item, but come lategame, it's shit and it should be sold. If you have TP scrolls(and you should), they can be replaced by Boots of Travel(even if you have other boots), and then upgraded. Post your inventory and hero and I'll tell you what kind of stuff you could hae upgraded.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's kind of what I was also thinking, since I don't know the item trees and wasn't thinking to click the items I had to see if they had upgrades.

I ended up with Shadow Blade, Butterfly, Boots of Travel, Aghanim's Scepter, Heart of Tarrasque, and Hyperstone. The Hyperstone (actually had bought the platemail to use, but sold it trying to juggle inventory) was supposed to be Assault Cuirass, and I had all the items for it in stash, but no way to upgrade it with full inventory. Same with the Shadow Blade; I was going to upgrade to Silver Edge but no space.

I just checked the wiki and the other 3 items were maxed out. I'm also pretty sure I had most of that crap by the 45 min mark or so (edit: 51 minute mark I had the above).

It's also possible I went with items I shouldn't have (Viper).

rrr_img_106349.jpg

Edit: Jesus, I watched the replay of that and we never stood a chance. Net worth was me at the top the entire game, and my entire team at the bottom 4. I thought it was much closer, but the exp/gold charts showed we were pretty much never in control.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Shadowblade can be upgraded to Silver Edge with a Sange and a recipe. Boots of Travel can be upgraded a 2nd time to let you teleport on players, not always useful but it's something. You can also buy a Moon Shard, which you can then consume to get a permanent attackspeed boost with no item slot. Otherwise yeah you're pretty much close to 6slots, long game and you're last hitting consistently.

To combine items when you don't have space, you need a courier. At your tier supports might not buy courriers, but you can buy one for yourself once you have a bunch of money. It's not very expensive, upgrade it to flying, then you can combine shit easily, just put whatever on the courier/yourself, then use the deliver item and it'll autocombine shit.

If you wanted to 1vs5 though, you would have needed to itemize completely differently. Even then it probably would have been hard. The secret to killing everyone though is crit+lifesteal. You'd want Daedalus instead of Aghanim and Satanic instead of heart, then AC for attackspeed and probably MKB instead of shadowblade for raw damage and no dodge, though none of them bought evasion so a second daedalus would have been fine too. But it's not really an optimal build until lategame so it's kinda hard to itemize like that from the get go. Still if the game kept going, you probably would have wanted to replace your items for better items. That said, 4vs5, not sure you were gonna win regardless.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ah, the courier! Yeah, that would've made sense. So that'll be my big lesson from that match.

I've pretty much had someone buying the courier every match, so that's not an issue.

I will say the Boots of Travel + Shadow Blade saved my ass big time. I ported around a lot, and use the Blade to avoid ganks.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Invisibility is super strong early on in your Dota career as virtually no one will buy ways to detect you. It remains strong, but far more in balance when people use the tools the game provides to counter stealth from items or abilities. Items can also be combined in your stash as well while in the fountain.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I have a question about dumping gold. The last two games I've been racking up a shit load of gold and have nothing to buy; basically bought all the shit I want
you can buy and consume moonshards that give you a permanent attack speed boost

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
i don't actually know why i even play this game. Can't remember the last game I had that wasn't full of brazillians and peruvians doing this shit?

rrr_img_106367.jpg

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Add people from the thread, have a few beers, queue with some pals.

It's full of fuckery, esp non ranked or really low mmr.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
C9 disbanded, I don't think there will ever be another consistently good but terrible squad ever again.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have a question about dumping gold. The last two games I've been racking up a shit load of gold and have nothing to buy; basically bought all the shit I want (Caveat: the last game I was full up on inventory and trying to upgrade via secret shop + stash, and that obviously didn't work. I'm thinking better planning would've helped somehow, but not sure what I should have done).

I started just filling my stash with shit I didn't even want. I frantically clicked a bunch at some point and ended up with a Sange & Yasha and a few other expensive items. Is there a point where you just ask your teammates if they need something and you buy it?

*side note here, is that I don't think the tutorial matches account for any type of "MMR" factor. It's just the first 10 noobs to go. My last two games I've had people say they never played before, and I've noticed I'm able to dominate the shit out of my lane.
Moonshard is a consumable item. You can also buy TP scrolls for others, and obviously gem, smokes and wards.

There is also somewhat clowny stuff you can do like having a necrobook 3 on a secondary courier and swapping it in to activate for pushes.

C9 disbanded, I don't think there will ever be another consistently good but terrible squad ever again.
Its too bad but imo they lost a lot of their explosiveness with SingSing then lost a lot of their innovation with PieLieDie & Aui. For me MLG Columbus is still probably the tournament I think most fondly of, so many great close games culminating with a Cinderella ending.