DOTA 2

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Team Secret was a little underwhelming before Arteezy and Zai left EG to be honest. Arteezy left to join them because he's an immature kid that would rather hop to a new team than to try and work out any problems.
Strangely enough Arteezy himself said exactly this recently.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Team Secret was a little underwhelming before Arteezy and Zai left EG to be honest. Arteezy left to join them because he's an immature kid that would rather hop to a new team than to try and work out any problems.
They had ups and downs, when they first formed with Kuro as the carry they were destroying for quite a while.

Aui has a full team apparently. Sing also just said on stream that he needs to practice SF. (not that I'm suggesting the two are related)

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I guess I'm not surprised since it's a bunch of young kids, and a video game on top of that, but I feel like it's kind of shitty to talk crap about him after he's already off your team. ppd needs to take a lesson from professional sports players and just say "we felt like the new guy could contribute more to the team. Aui was an awesome team member and we wish him luck" instead of "dude was cancer."

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I think he feels justified by the circlejerk Aui set off by his comments. Still not professional, but not all that objectionable

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I guess I'm not surprised since it's a bunch of young kids...
This is the crux of it right here. They are all children (yes, until your late 20's and 30's, you don't know much) and all act like it. A necessary evil might actually be professional agents and mentors.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I dunno, I'm just fucking pumped to see Eg's new lineup in action. Their position 1,2, and 3 players are all arguably the top 3 in the world at their roll. Universe IMO is the best offlaner for sure. RTZ is arguably best position 1. Not sure how sumail stacks up mid vs some of the Chinese mids but I can't think of any westerner I'd take over him mid(RTZ aside). I'm interested to see how RTZ and sumail split the farm and how fear does in support role.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The part about talks but has little to say made a lot of sense to me. Anyone who has watched games where Aui has cocasted with someone on top of his voice that somehow increases in pitch with every word knows what Im talking about. Not a reason to kick, but the part about his questioning strats would be if he was the only one not on board. Still, they won with him...so it will be interesting to see how they perform.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
I used to really dislike eg and PPD in particular.. I think it was just he was always so salty and nasty that it was just hard to like the guy but it's hard not to respect him anymore because when he makes decisions he really stands by them and it's usually the best thing for his team. After ti I think that team is as good as it is because of PPD his understanding of the game and the meta is second to none. I think if you replace PPD they don't win ti but I think you could replace almost anybody else on that team with a slightly less talented player they'd still win.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I think TI5 showed Sumail as the top carry / mid player in the world. Some of the matchups where he was able to get solo kills were horrid for his toon.

That being said, I dont think this EG will be as good. RTZ was on EG, they didnt win, so he bailed, then Secret was #1 until out of TI, and he bailed . . . now back on EG. That is some flaky shit. They might be a 10yr dynasty, but its hard to really pull for a guy that flops around like that.

I was a big fan of PPD from TI until I read that drama post about Aui. For a group of ppl making the $$$ they make, with that level of a brand to maintain, and the attention they get, he handled it about as poorly as he could. But, as they say, winning solves all problems. So all will be forgiven if they roll through the next TI. If not, the group gets corrosive.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's esports. Not sports. I'm not interested in another NBA where its all sanitized press releases. We have access so we get stuff like this. It definitely helps build storylines.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Gamer's Digest: POST TI5 blog

PPD on the Aui kick, it's almost like reddit was a bunch of drooling drama hungry hyenas that had no idea what was actually going on inside the team !
Personally it makes me think he's even more of an egomaniac. If you go back to interviews of him around DAC he was complaining about Aui talking too much and that he felt the team should have only one voice. It sounds more like he didn't like another person having suggestions or opinions.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Aui's been kicked for the same reason twice. He's a good player, but he apparently doesn't mesh well at crunch time. And what ppd said about him talking a lot, but saying little.. That comes across in any of his videos where he explains something. I don't fault ppd for kicking aui if they as a team were not enjoying their time with him on board. Yes they were winning, but if they were not happy then the likelihood of one or more people leaving would be high. I'd replace people in my raids if I found someone that socially mixed better and had the same skill. Replace team members in real life in the same way too. Just move them to someone else that can relate to them, hopefully.

Im not a big RTZ fan, but he came out and said he was a dumb kid that chose to flee the team instead of working on his problems with them. I am interested to see if he has any actual growth from all this. I doubt it though.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
If we are forming a team, I call dibs on the hard position 5 that sucks mechanically.

Del

Vyemm Raider
I think TI5 showed Sumail as the top carry / mid player in the world. Some of the matchups where he was able to get solo kills were horrid for his toon.

That being said, I dont think this EG will be as good. RTZ was on EG, they didnt win, so he bailed, then Secret was #1 until out of TI, and he bailed . . . now back on EG. That is some flaky shit. They might be a 10yr dynasty, but its hard to really pull for a guy that flops around like that.

I was a big fan of PPD from TI until I read that drama post about Aui. For a group of ppl making the $$$ they make, with that level of a brand to maintain, and the attention they get, he handled it about as poorly as he could. But, as they say, winning solves all problems. So all will be forgiven if they roll through the next TI. If not, the group gets corrosive.
The weird thing is, EG weren't even "not winning". They had won multiple LAN events post TI4, but crashed and burned at The Summit 2 and for whatever reason, that was the straw that broke the camels back.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
The weird thing is, EG weren't even "not winning". They had won multiple LAN events post TI4, but crashed and burned at The Summit 2 and for whatever reason, that was the straw that broke the camels back.
You can never see inside the team, the way they lost at TI4 was joked about for months, but there wasn't any other squad with similar capabilities in the west, I mean you had C9 and that was about it, Alliance was dead and buried, CIS teams had their own shuffles and really the only up and coming squad was Secret, which came very close to defeating them. Anyone who was confident in winning TI knew nothing really mattered for the next ~9 months until you had to lock your roster, chinese teams even finalized their roster after DAC, so they didn't have to rush.