DOTA 2

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Well, esport teams have been a favorite pet projects of Chinese billionaires for a while. Everybody thinks the area will only grow, so it makes sense to drop money into the leading brand(s), however I question how you can reasonably use this kind of money in the current landscape.

Running a national high school/university league is one thing I can think of, since Russia always prided itself on programmers/mathematicians and similar fields.
Another might be running a Major in either CS:GO or Dota2 in Russia.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah a couple of other reports mentioned them trying to create other local tournaments and such. Overseas the interest is leaps and bounds higher than in the U.S. whether for cultural reasons or any other number of things. We keep seeing ESPN testing the waters and business magazines like Forbes or Business Insider write articles around the scene and potential for growth. Over here it is like everyone will admit there is a market for it and potential to monetize and grow it, but no one wants to take that 1st real significant step. Not that it would be 100% a good thing. It would mean seeing increase in advertisers and everything that comes with it. It'd be much more corporate, or at least eventually. There'd be a sweet spot towards the beginning with a huge capital injection and media machine behind it. Then it'd turn in to the X-Games or some shit. I really would like to find an entry in to it though on some marketing or strategic level. There are a ton of companies hiring for "esports" type positions if you read the postings, but I question how legitimate they are.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
What I found fascinating about that investment was the dollar amount. I struggle to comprehend what exactly an Esports organization would have to do to even scratch 100 million. The only thing I can come up with is an enormous advertising budget.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Prize pools, venues, ads, personnel for events, analysts (liberal use of the word, there are maybe four real ones).

Also, that's not capital to burn, 100$ mil invested, 3% interest, you run it at 2 to 5 million for a few years top test the waters. Pull capital out if it's not kosher.

Unknown looks good. DC is easy money, along with navi, and maybe a few CIS teams.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
Reached critical salt levels today, won a game after being camped 5 in base for 40 minutes. Played Dazzle, after we came back, all I could tell my carry player was fuck you, last hit better.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Navi dead.

I'm going to laugh so hard if they announce a "new squad" with XBOCT/Dendi in it later though

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Heading to New Orleans in a few hours for MLG. Going to fangay it up bois.
Awesome man, have a good time. Go eat at Irene's or get some bread pudding from Commander's Palace for me.

Seeing Dendi play for another team would be strange as shit. Like watching Favre play for the Vikings or something.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Heading to New Orleans in a few hours for MLG. Going to fangay it up bois.
Don't get: raped, shot, stabbed, mugged, or beaten, please. According to every cop/crime/prison show ever, New Orleans is like, the worst.

Other than that, have fun and share with us poor sods who have to work.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
What are the odds Navi picks up monkey buisness? the only reason I don't think the new roster is going to have any of the old on it is they just wouldn't of release the people they were keeping

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Nothing changed since TI finals, EG still got CDEC's number apparently.

Nvm, hope CDEC brought lube.