DOTA 2

Sulrn

Deuces
While I don't agree with everything in those notes, I don't see anything that's particularly out of the realm of possibilities.

I think the PotM changes look fun and would be something along the lines I've been wanting to see more of (more subtle day/night variations to add flavor meta plays). Nights should be more hazardous than slightly decreased vision and offer more risk/reward plays.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Just quickly reading the possible notes late late last night that PotM change (and some other I can't remember) couple with the new to night vision for everyone but like four Heros, seemed like a bit much all at once. Like a huge net advantage for anyone that has unobstructed night vision or provides better. But then the KotL change to blinding light provides lingering vision... Ice shards would no longer provide it. They changed ball lightning and something else (?) a few patches ago.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Slacks is the best caster ever. Dude's fucking hilarious. I hope he ends up doing other big tournaments this next year.

Related:

Sulrn

Deuces
He's loud, but more entertaining and often offers more relevant commentary than most casters I've had the displeasure to watch. If you've played enough games in a meta most games cast themselves, so having a straight face offer his opinion on farm levels/micro aggressions isn't much more insightful than someone trying to be funny while still pointing out the action. Can only think of a handful of times a caster has pointed something out I hadn't thought of. I'd watch more tournaments replays/vods with him partnered with a real caster with a sense of humor (not sunsfan).

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
He's loud, but more entertaining and often offers more relevant commentary than most casters I've had the displeasure to watch. If you've played enough games in a meta most games cast themselves, so having a straight face offer his opinion on farm levels/micro aggressions isn't much more insightful than someone trying to be funny while still pointing out the action. Can only think of a handful of times a caster has pointed something out I hadn't thought of. I'd watch more tournaments replays/vods with him partnered with a real caster with a sense of humor (not sunsfan).
Yeah, but this is an event with Winter and numerous pros who could cast and offer that kind of commentary, so keep him contained to breaks.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I swear this is my favorite tournament of the year (TI not included). Having the pros commentary and the jabs back and forth. It's just casual enough, but still serious and worth a couple $100k. Just some bros hanging out, playing dota, random grills in the background.

The one thing it could use is a salty suite type late night drunk 1v1, pub stomp, or team captain all star thing. But there's a limited number of personalities that could make that work and they're casters / hosting.

rofl as I post... 'literally anything can happen in a couple of seconds. 1..2...suddenly Richard Lewis is choking you'

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Slacks is a mute for me, not my taste.
Ditto, found him quickly annoying. Even the interviews are a step-down from Hotbid.

Moonmeander casting is pretty entertaining, first time I've really heard him, makes me wonder why people seem not to like him.

Summit has had some good casts in the past,Swedish castwith PieLieDie, Loda, Pajkatt & Zai was hilarious. PLD saying he liked watching people make the same mistakes he does as he watches WK attempt to stack a blocked camp 2x in a row.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think this is FNG and Iceiceice for the EG/Liquid match? It's fucking hilarious too. Anytime there's a big play, it's like "OHHHHHHHH!!!" in a thick accent.

Edit: Jesus. Opening of game 3, and I think FNGwas like "EG, the world champions...versus Liquid...who didn't play in a major!" Ouch.

Del

Vyemm Raider
EG makes it to another Summit grand finals.
biggrin.png

VG got absolutely tooled in games 1 and 3.