DOTA 2

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Went to take a shower at around 18mins on G2 thinking "if the game's not over when I'm done, Alliance will be losing". Came back, game still on, Alliance losing. Ursa is such a shitter at closing games.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Went to take a shower at around 18mins on G2 thinking "if the game's not over when I'm done, Alliance will be losing". Came back, game still on, Alliance losing. Ursa is such a shitter at closing games.
Aw shit.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Well there you go.

Anyway, it feels like every single game this patch is a bloody slugfest, even stomps last like 10 minutes longer. I'm not sure if it's all that great of a direction, maybe the players will get a bit more effective.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well there you go.

Anyway, it feels like every single game this patch is a bloody slugfest, even stomps last like 10 minutes longer. I'm not sure if it's all that great of a direction, maybe the players will get a bit more effective.
Well point still stands, Ursa shitter at closing games. Luckily he isn't playing alone but it's such a common sight to see an Ursa surprise pick, he rolls over the other team for the first 20mins, kill score is like 2 to 20+, and then they lose the game, cause they can't finish and Ursa becomes poop as the game goes longer and longer. I'd like to see stats on that, how often does Ursa win when he's winning heavily at 15-20mins. I feel it's probably only close to 60-70% or some shit, and the winrate if he's NOT winning early is probably abysmal.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Well there you go.

Not sure what you're complaining about here... slugfests are entertaining, especially when the team fights are extended by just bit and rely on great ability management and positioning by the teams. Games being 10 min longer isn't bad, they've been shortened by like 20m since he group stages when we were getting 65, 70, 80m games. Are you wanting the players to get more effective at pulling off 25m shit stomps? That sounds boring as fuck.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Single scaling core....

That said, icefrog really needs to do something more for melee cores. The minor range buff hasn't done enough.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Cap is like 6k, that's double your MMR isn't it ?

The point isn't to blow your mind, it's to provide entertainment and they have been doing decent job. PA was fun but holy shit is the hero bad, jump in and pray for crits. CoL is self-destructing in g2.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Cap is like 6k, that's double your MMR isn't it ?
I don't play ranked /shrug

The point isn't to blow your mind, it's to provide entertainment and they have been doing decent job.
The point is to provide additional insight of things that may not have been obvious, not a delayed play-by-play. I just watched the game, I don't need someone to tell me what happened. Godz is fine, Blitz is good, they shouldn't have hired 18 play-by-play casters for the event.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Pretty happy for Liquid, this tournament proves that stable roster pays off. Hopefully OG smashes Newbee again tomorrow.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Holy fuck. w33 with 1296 gpm on Alch. Apparently the previous record was about 100 gpm less, according to the casters.

Fucking crushed that team.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Miracle doto. Go watch g1

Aaaand they give him a hero with 2 passives to finish the series ...

Liquid will have to play next level to beat Newbee, they seem poised to take the whole tournament

Pinch_sl

shitlord
I know it's early, but liquids Riki pocket strat seems like a failure so far. Sentries and dust just turns him into a melee creep that Newbee can farm.

Edit: Hahaha, what do I know? What a vicious finish. Lycan lineups can end a game so fast once you win a fight or two.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Newbee has the best coordination by far, all the other teams are hoping to either outdraft them (pocket strats) or have a player who outskills them (Miracle), everybody else just died. I'm pretty sure Liquid isn't winning this, but they won the riki game, so what do I know.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Seems like every game is a stomp so far. Guess it'll come down to draft for this one.

I swear, that high ground push in game 4, Newbee just melted.

Edit: Jerax ES is just sick. Every fucking game, man.