DOTA 2

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
According to the allegations, girl got blackout drunk, but Grant was apparently not as drunk when he had sex with her, and after the fact was texting her asking if she wanted to know what happened that night (which implies he was lucid enough to recall details)? That's been considered rape for a pretty long time if true.
Yeah, not at all. A woman getting black out drunk doesn't somehow mean that anyone who touches her is a rapist. At least in the real world it doesn't, I don't pretend to know what retarded rules pantysniffers like yourself have invented.

Cybsled

From a legal perspective, it hinges on ability to give consent. It also hinges on what state they are in when this happened, since they define that differently in terms of intoxication (it's mixed in terms of involuntary vs. voluntary consumption of the substance in most). If both people are drunk as fuck, then it is much different than if one is sober and the other is drunk as fuck.

Of course, the difficulty is providing evidence that can be presented from a criminal trial perspective. It's not like you're getting a BAC test when this is happening, like you might in the immediate aftermath of a motor vehicle accident. In that sense, it's like crashing a car while drunk and you go home and sleep it off. If you metabolize the alcohol in the mean time so you're below the state limit, then it will be hard to directly confirm your intoxication level exceeded the threshold required for drunk driving charges.

Therefore, they usually have to rely on other information (which again, creates an additional burden from a criminal charge level).

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Mao

Trakanon Raider
So if a guy and girl are both drunk, but the guy happens to have a lower blood alcohol content or can handle is alcohol better than the girl and they end up having sex, that's rape now? Is that what you're saying here?
It has been for quite a while. Its not fair, its not egalitarian, but this has been the case for quite some time.

Especially if it can be shown that she was incapacitated and he wasn't. This is what has led to college men accusing women of sexual assault first in some of the college assault cases that have happened recently. I am not a lawyer, so don't hold me to the finer points and what you can get a good high paid attorney to pull. But the general trend is still very chauvinist in that women have less agency in this regard in men and that society still has a need to protect their virtue.

Basically, yeah. Its considered rape if both are drunk. EDIT: Gonna clarify. IF you are both drunk and appear to be cognizant you can prolly beat it. But if she makes the case or appears to be too drunk, you're prolly screwed. There is the legal rule, and then what you have to convince people to beat in court and its not really a place you want to risk going. Even if you beat it in court, its likely a stigma that you won't be able to shake if anyone finds out.

Cybsled

Yeah, not at all. A woman getting black out drunk doesn't somehow mean that anyone who touches her is a rapist. At least in the real world it doesn't, I don't pretend to know what retarded rules pantysniffers like yourself have invented.

Go back to general. I'm sick of all you fucks who have infected this forum over the years.

• 1Faggotry

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Fuck this. Grant was awsome. Black out drunk can mean a lot. Passed out or just not remembering I am glad I am not a student anymore. Fuck dealing with that shit.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I did find it a little strange she spent almost no time in that whole story saying exactly what happened at the crucial moment of blacking out. If she really can't remember anything past the first drink it is possible he put something in it, but brushing past it did raise a flag in my mind.

However, if it really was just drunk sex i would think he would have put up more of a fight rather than disappearing overnight. Idk what to think tbh.

Cybsled

Some pushback regarding allegations regarding Zyori, seems to be summed up as “I exploited Zyori but now that he is of no use to me, I’m going to smear him”.

• 1Faggotry

Cybsled

Just keeps getting worse. Synderen’s current GF now claims she was sexually assaulted by Tobiwan (prior to being with Synd). She never told Synd previously. Considering Synd has been Tobi’s analyst partner for years now, that’s pretty fucked up.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Just keeps getting worse. Synderen’s current GF now claims she was sexually assaulted by Tobiwan (prior to being with Synd). She never told Synd previously. Considering Synd has been Tobi’s analyst partner for years now, that’s pretty fucked up.
Well from the initial reactions Tobi's kinda done, Valve removed his voice lines from the game and BTS announced they won't be working with him anymore and I assume other casting studios will do the same.

To be fair though, Tobi has been pretty fucking lucky to get this far with the many really awkward sexist jokes he made in the past or that one time he said worse than a American Inventor baby or whatever stupid insult.

Sucks for the scene though, Tobi was incredible and I really liked Grant too.

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sucks for the scene though, Tobi was incredible and I really liked Grant too.
at least we still have trent to cast for us LOL

68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f33577451384e4d2e6a7067

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Tobi seemed less involved with the scene outside TI, though. He lost his “cast the finals crown” to ODpixel a few years ago it feels like. But ya, he had problems outside this for years now, like the examples you posted. Years ago Cyborgmatt posted that Tobi is toxic AF behind the scenes.

Cybsled

It will be over 10 years old. Not many older games can maintain a strong professional scene indefinitely.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Games like Dota 2 don't die. They get replaced. There is nothing on the horizon to replace it.

Dota does incredibly good with international countries still. China prefers LOL, but the rest of the world keeps Dota 2 afloat. Most of Europe, Russia, Middle East/India and South America play the shit out of Dota. There are a lot of North Americans that play it also, but I think they are more "Play it for a bit and put it down" type of players. FPS still wins the day in NA.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Bet the game dies off in the next couples years.

Because of this stupid drama that a vast majority of dota players don't know or care about? Or because people dump truckloads of money into Gabe's bank account every year for a battle pass they put nearly no development time into? Almost every feature is copy and pasted from years past and people still eat it up. The prize pool for a LAN that isn't even scheduled because of covid is at $20,000,000 (valve's cut being the other $60,000,000) and the funding period just hit the half way mark. Until you see the support start to dwindle i can't see it dying anytime soon.

Dota is one of those games most players never truly quit if you got pass the initial learning curve and weren't scooped up by LOL

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Because of this stupid drama that a vast majority of dota players don't know or care about? Or because people dump truckloads of money into Gabe's bank account every year for a battle pass they put nearly no development time into? Almost every feature is copy and pasted from years past and people still eat it up. The prize pool for a LAN that isn't even scheduled because of covid is at $20,000,000 (valve's cut being the other $60,000,000) and the funding period just hit the half way mark. Until you see the support start to dwindle i can't see it dying anytime soon.

Dota is one of those games most players never truly quit if you got pass the initial learning curve and weren't scooped up by LOL
Isn't the player base down like 40% from peak?

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Isn't the player base down like 40% from peak?

It's definitely not at it's peak anymore and tends to tick up around new patches, while losing a good bit post TI. To claim it's a dead game while they are still making massive amounts of money and only behind CS:GO (which has surged massively over the last couple of years) on Steam is foolish.