DOTA 2

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
One more thing the last column is somewhat stupidly titled - but I couldn't think of anything else - But if you can play from 6-10 your local time - adjust it to EST - I don't have all the time zones memorized in order globally - so if you play in the evening in europe - list your play time in that column adjusted so it might say something stupid like 12PM - 6PM even though that isn't your local time - that way we can swiftly group people with overlapping play times - so some late night european games can cross over with early EST games. (for example)

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
You can't ban lich! What other hero can I buy wards then run into a team fight and just so long as I get the ulti off before I die ive been successful!

On a serious note almost any sunday is really good for me simply bc I dont do much that day

Sulrn

Deuces
I assumed that we had more players on the forum than in game, but shows what I know - eh?

Okay I'm asking for some help here in getting word out for the in-house gaming so we can get pre-tourny tryouts/community building going on. Due to my own schedule and wanting to make sure I can assist, I'm thinking Oct/Nov for the actual tourney giving us plenty of lead time to get people playing and acquainted. As far as team composition goes I think that is going to need to be an ongoing discussion until we get closer to execution, but I'm leaning to a per-tourney draft with limited open slots for pre-mades (although this is subject to scrutiny based on fairness of this being a fun event for the community).

Right now looking at the google docs we only have 5ish players willing to CPT, but I'm sure that will change as we get it more accurately reflecting our community. Remember that the google docs is already located in the in-game guild info. So I need people talking about it and pushing to have people put in their data during prime time in game so we can get people interested and signed up. This gets a lot easier once we get the interested players captured and can start getting organized - but I can't do that alone with my current and upcoming schedule.

Recap:

Inaugural Trannies at Play Dota 2 Tournament (STC)
Date: TBD based off success of lobbies/sign-up interest; 1-2 week(end)s over OCT/NOV (Captains meeting after team drafts to be deciding factor)
Format:STC; double elimination (winning/losing bracket) Bo1, finals Bo3.
Mode: Captain's Mode
Team Compo: STC; Captains will draft teams prior to tournament start (possible alternates assuming no overlap) - drafting will be balanced for skill allocation and provided enough lead time so teams can organize and practice
Bracketing: Winner and Loser brackets, initial groups will be randomly assigned there will be no split between (#games played /time zones)
Prize Pool: TBD, Combination of e-peen pills and prize pool (I'm willing to donate a little towards top 3 teams)

Elerion

N00b
I'm going to have to check if I have decent ping on USE, which is where I guess most games will be played (I'm EU).

an accordion_sl

shitlord
I'd argue that RD is harder is for normal bracket players since they'll probably have to play a hero they're not comfortable with. If they're stuck on a hero they're not good at in CM, it's 100% the captain's fault, but in RD heroes are so limited that you may need them on very high execution heroes...

Elerion

N00b
RD can be stupidly unbalanced too. There may be a highly limited choice of certain roles, key counterpicks are missing, etc. It also places immense time pressure on each individual picker, which can cause unwanted randoms. It's a poor choice, really.

Honestly, I'd just do AP or CM.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Haven't played dota2 at all... as I am actively playing HoN still, but I did the tutorial so I'm willing. I'd probably start as mid skill level.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Lets see what kind of interest we get in a scheduled in-house tonight at 9pm EST? Would be nice to get 10+ players online and start figuring out who works well with who and such (hint: do not put me and TecKnoe on the same team). Any captains available?

Nutron_sl

shitlord
RD is a terrible idea :\

CM is what it should be.

Otherwise an omg mode tournament might be more fun to accomodate all the random skill levels.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Yeah, I'm just going to have to suck it up and try playing with you guys. I just know I am not the greatest player, but I do have a few heroes that I am good with, particularly Jakiro.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Im from Europe and working a lot at the moment, but will be back to being a student in a 2 weeks. I will be playing more and at later times. I definatly want to join inhouses and stuff at that time. SteamID is st0n3d / Teamvipe!, depending on what account I log in.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
Ill be on right around 9 or a little after and would definitely be down for an inhouse.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I'm just going to have to suck it up and try playing with you guys. I just know I am not the greatest player, but I do have a few heroes that I am good with, particularly Jakiro.
I find that playing with guild stacks will improve your skills more than pubs will. If anything you can play more care free and relaxed playing with people that won't jump down your throat for making a simple mistake.